• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need help with my deck!

davester21

I recently bought the frost ray theme deck and recently modified it, it includes:

1 glaceon (the holo one)
1 Kyurem
2 Cryogonal
1 Vanilluxe
2 Vanillish
3 Vanillite
2 Jolteon
2 Pachirisu
2 Voltorb
1 electrode
1 Zekrom
4 Eevee
2 Noctowl
2 Hoothoot
2 Rattata
1 Raticate
2 plasma ball
2 energy retrieval
1 potion
1 superior energy retrieval
2 pokemon communication
1 shadow triad
2 energy search
1 team plasma grunt
9 lightning energy
9 water energy

tell me what u think or if i need to do something different.

Janice Quatlane

helloooo ladies
Which Eevees are they? Try to get 'Signs of evolution' if possible. Also, do you have any EX's in there? Or just normal ones. You should probably take out a rattata, hoothoot and Noctowl, and fit some Cherens, Junipers Colresses and N's in as well. Just my opinion. Be careful, as you have a large amount of Pokémon that need to be evolved before you can use them, and it might be hard to power some Pokémon up. Should probably get some double colourless energy in there as well.
I kinda suck at making decks, but good luck!

davester21

Thanks for the advice and my eeves are not the signs of evolutions one and no i do not have any ex's, i need to get some though lol

Swagsire

I feel bad but im staring at a brick wall when it comes to helping you. I'd like to say I can sculpt it, but then I'd just be rude and practically tell you to spend 300$ on singles. So I'll just tell you the issues here.

1)TOO MANY POKEMON. Specifically weak basics. Most things in your deck will take almost surefire 1HKO's on your basics without breaking a sweat. Kyurem and zekrom have your only leaning rock.

2)You need to narrow it down to less pokemon, and more syngergized combos. The thing is, weak basics aren't BAD. Theyre high risk high reward if used in the meta. None of your evolutions are high reward, albeit MAYBE vanilluxe, and in another deck, electrode. Think of how your cards fit together. You notice how your zekrom says it does more damage when reshiram is in play, THATS SYNERGY. Now not very good synergy, but you get the point!

Think about what your deck does. And how you plan to achieve it, and why. This is how you make not necessarily a tier 1 deck, but a well built deck. Do you deal a lot of damage fast? Do you set up a bench sitter to make your lead attacker stronger by energy acceleration or HP or damage increase? This is the most important aspect.

I'd normally comment on energy count, and it is too high, but unless you doubt me I don't need to get into that. Im sorry if I sound harsh, I just wanna help as much as possible. Qwaa ;195;

Swagsire

Nah your good! what would you recommend card wise for the type of deck im trying to build?

You have to trim the fat before I can figure out what deck youre building. Whats your goal?

In general. you need more supporters. Professor Juniper, N, Colress, Skyla, Bianca, are all necessary to a good deck. Qwaa ;195;

Seanferno

PokeGyms Owner
You also need more energies. I would take at least 1 more of each type.

davester21

You have to trim the fat before I can figure out what deck youre building. Whats your goal?

In general. you need more supporters. Professor Juniper, N, Colress, Skyla, Bianca, are all necessary to a good deck. Qwaa ;195;

MY goal is to build an awesome water and lightning deck that I can play with, like I said these were just some small modification from the theme deck. If u want u can send me a list of stuff that i need to add and delete :)

Swagsire

MY goal is to build an awesome water and lightning deck that I can play with, like I said these were just some small modification from the theme deck. If u want u can send me a list of stuff that i need to add and delete :)
I could do it on here. Are you okay with just water or does it HAVE to be water lightning? Qwaa ;195;

Charze

Always flyin'

The thing is, some decks are better off with only one type of energy. That way when you need a water energy, you won't get stuck with an electric one. Depending on what kind of deck you plan on running, they may require just a few other kinds of energy. That allows the deck the work better as a whole.

One more thing on what Swagsire was saying with Synergy: A good thing to work on is finding your powerful card that also is a good card, and then use Pokémon to help you get to that card and to let it work well and make it stronger. A lot of it depends on what cards you personally want to use.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
water lightning, sounds like blastoise/keldeo/blackkyurem, it's tier 1, made from 3 theme decks and 2-3 tins, +2-3 singles he needs to buy online (the 2 black ballista balck kyurem, if you got it or traded for it cudos, its an ace in hand) 1 topical beach, you could spend the extra 30 on you're deck but that's up to you), I think swagsire could make you a really great list. And most of the decklist is made from theme decks and the past 3 booster series.