1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with my fire red team

Discussion in '3rd Gen RMT' started by ghohan5, Aug 2, 2013.

1. ghohan5

ghohan5 Team Plasma Grunt

Hey so I just started a new game on fire red, and I wanna get some help on what Pokemon to chose. I usually go with venusaur with the same move-set every time, and don't wanna change that, but the rest of them, I kinda wanna get some other peoples perspectives on.

So first, physical sweeper. What should I go with there? I had Scizor with swords dance, iron defense, cut, fury cutter. But I don't feel like his fast enough or that his attacks do enough damage. So any advice would be great.

Special sweeper. I was using gengar, with shadow ball, psychic, hypnosis and dream eater. Though would like to switch him out to, mainly because I'm bored of him. He does good in the elite four, but that's basically it.

Then if you guys could give me some pointers on what other Pokemon to have in my team, that'd be great :) Also please include natures and move-sets.
    A few that I have been considering is Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence. Because I've seen a lot of people reccomend those. so again, if those are good. move-sets/natures? :p

2. Shymain

Shymain Shaymin Lover

I'm really not that good of a competitive battler, so I can't really say, but I can tell you that you would have better luck in the Rate My Team forum, which is the real team-building place. Hope that helps!

3. mikeparty1

mikeparty1 Member

Aerodactyl is extremely fast with great physical attack. Takedown works well because you get no recoil. Iron tail is good too.

4. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

Physical Sweeper: Gyarados with Dragon Dance, since Waterfall isn't available until post game, Earthquake and any other physical move are good. Kabutops ain't to bad either.

Special Sweeper: Dragonite since this is Gen 3, Dragon moves are special making Dragons more special based. It's also very fast, and has decent bulk.

Other good members would be
    Slowbro/Cloyster/Poliwrath
    Arcanine
    Hypno/Alakazam
    Jolteon- outspeeds most of in-game Pokemon so as long as your nature isn't a speed lowering one.