• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need help with the team

O

OmastarLover

Finaly i did it, gor the team from text of NB, here it is as now:

;145;Zapdos @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 85 HP / 85 Atk / 85 Def / 85 Spd / 85 SAtk / 85 SDef
Hardy Nature (Neutral)
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

;071;Victreebel (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 84 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def / 84 Spd / 84 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis

;139;Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 85 HP / 168 Def / 85 Spd / 172 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance
- Spikes
- Surf

;378;Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 88 HP / 84 Spd / 252 SAtk / 84 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

;208;Steelix (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 116 HP / 84 Atk / 140 Def / 84 Spd / 84 SDef
Hardy Nature (Neutral)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Roar
- Rock Slide

;229;Houndoom (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 84 HP / 84 Def / 84 Spd / 172 SAtk / 84 SDef
- Crunch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

OBS: Still have some problems with starmie (it runs from regice, obviously), and serious problems with Lax/Bliss... some problems with raikou and aerodactyl also... guess i have much to change yet :(

Alfonso

Derpgull
Carpetted! said:
What's the point of roar? o_O

I see.

In-Game rate is over in that direction.

Roar is used to force a switch, thus negating any stats that have been increased by moves such as Swords Dance, Iron Defense, etc. It's also used as a combo with Spikes to cause damage.

That EV spread for Zapdos is awful. ._. Sure, it was probably a mistake, but you can't afford to make mistakes in NB.

Alfonso

Derpgull
0mastar said:
whoa alfonso

Hey.

I haven't NBed in f*cking ages, since this forum pretty much went to hell because of the increase in people who can't tell the difference between Competitive and In-Game. I opened it up this morning though, may give making a team another try.

Until then, here's an old favorite of mine that I posted up a while back.

WEREPLAYINGCOMPETITVLY.png

Anyway.

-No Rest on Zapdos, since it doesn't even have Sleep Talk. And replace Drill with either HP Ice or HP Grass.

-Dump Victreebel. It's not a good idea to mix a UU in a OU team. It'll be ripped apart in no time.

-Thunderwave/Psych Up > Toxic on Regice

counter. right.

not Psych Up for countering Suicune or Thunderwave for disabling random ****?

Actually that isn't such a bad idea. Something tries to FP regice then counter it. Or if theres a CBer then it can expect to die. Although Thunderwave is most probably the best option over psych up IMO.

F*** suicune.

Something tries to FP regice then counter it.

the weakest used Focus Punch, McGar's, does 72%-84%.

Boah would do 86% to a OHKO, SPBB Draggy would do similar amounts, any STABed/Choice Banded Focus Punch is a OHKO.

shoe pilot said:
the weakest used Focus Punch, McGar's, does 72%-84%.

Boah would do 86% to a OHKO, SPBB Draggy would do similar amounts, any STABed/Choice Banded Focus Punch is a OHKO.

Ice beam kills Draggy, no one in their right minds would switch a regice into a FP and if Boah came in, you'd just switch or predict and use Ice beam ._.;

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
more like regice switched into draggy's sub not knowing it was sub-punch-bolt-beam

*Ryan* said:
Ice beam kills Draggy, no one in their right minds would switch a regice into a FP and if Boah came in, you'd just switch or predict and use Ice beam ._.;
and thusly not use counter.

thanks for further proving my point.

But that's just for 2 pokemon ._.; I'm saying it could work for the average physical sweeper such as tauros or something. Heck even snorlax 8D

leafgreen386

no troll

But you said Focus Punch. You never said anything about "the average physical sweeper."

Anyway...

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 124 HP / 56 Def / 152 Spd / 176 SAtk
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Imo, the RestTalking Zapdos is better, but w/e. If you want T-Wave that bad...

You're probably better off with a CBer of some sort in Victreebel's spot. That is, as long as you can predict.

Regice @ Leftovers ** Icicle empire
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP / 12 Spd / 216 SAtk / 76 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Psych Up
- Rest
- Thunderbolt

This is what I use. Regice has a 200 base SDef. Take advantage of it! I probably went a little excess in SAtk, so feel fre to move some of that to Def.

For Steelix, use an Impish nature, and give it enough for 336 HP, 500-520 Def, maybe 12 Spd if you're using Rock Slide, none if you're using HP:Rock. As for the rest, you could just stuff it all in Atk, but iirc, it's better off with just a little SDef, so it can withstand random Fire Blasts better. Someone else could give you an actual number.

Houndoom (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 52 HP / 188 Spd / 252 SAtk / 16 SDef
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp

That's what I used when I used Houdoom, but...

I'm gonna suggest to remove either Omastar or Houndoom for a SkarmBliss counter. Be wary of Sandstream though if you use Boah. Probably Omastar, as Houndoom covers Regice on taking Fire attacks.

Last edited:
leafgreen386 said:

But you said Focus Punch. You never said anything about "the average physical sweeper."

I meant physical sweeper ._.;

P

pyrofrost

i think u shud change zapdozes move pool to sum thing like this
-thunder/thunderbolt
-agility
-thunderwave
-drill peck
that thing isnt high on defences to use rest, i hav a feeling that its life guage will be returned to its previous condition after using rest, thats a sweeper.

pyrofrost said:
i think u shud change zapdozes move pool to sum thing like this
-thunder/thunderbolt
-agility
-thunderwave
-drill peck
that thing isnt high on defences to use rest, i hav a feeling that its life guage will be returned to its previous condition after using rest, thats a sweeper.

No. Kthxbai.

O

OmastarLover

Well, after too much of thinking and asking, i changed too many things on the team, i guess its MUCH better now:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 90 HP / 40 Atk / 44 Def / 252 Spd / 40 SAtk / 44 SDef
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

**Its my fighting counter, so it NEEDS a decent drill peck in order to ensure OHKO to at least most of them, remember that almost all of fighting pokes have HP: Rock, or RS to counter fly, so cant take chances with no OHKO :)

Poliwrath (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 129 Def / 129 SDef
- Brick Break
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Substitute

***Well, i try of a Bliss counter. I definitely have GREAT problems with Lax/Bliss, please help me solve it :(

Vileplume (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 6 SDef
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

*** Its able to cover Zappy's rest, especially seeing Zappy is my starter poke, so it will probably need to rest before Vileplume comes to fight, is it nice?

Lanturn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 218 Def / 252 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

*** GREAT special tank, i finnaly found one, this thing won me many battles, making a great match against Cune, Vappy, Raikou, Sala, Milotic and many other OU special attackers, just good, but it may be better in movepool i guess. Guess i need rest somewhere

Steelix (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 202 HP / 224 Atk / 84 Spd
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Roar
- Rock Slide

*** Even with AMAZING defense, sometimes it appears not to resist as well as it would be expected from him, should i EV-up defense even more?

Houndoom (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 84 HP / 84 Def / 84 Spd / 172 SAtk / 84 SDef
- Crunch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

*** Im attempting on switching this one, but it has some characteristics that cant be lost on my team, such as:

-Psychic defense (Gardevoir, Zam, at least on the switch, forcing a thunderbolt that is taken by Lanturn, cool!)
-Fire attack (obvious) counter grass, since my Ice Beamer is a water type :(
-Counters Exegutor, Celeby

Suggestions? thanks for all the help :)