1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with traing a jolteon

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Pokefan_1987, Aug 1, 2020 at 12:40 PM.

1. Pokefan_1987

Pokefan_1987 Active Member

I'm trying to train a great Jolteon but i can't find any good electric moves for it. So far i've heard TR08 Thunderbolt is in the Isle dlc but i don't to buy dlc. Any suggestion for it?

so far

Jolteon lvl 44... Mild Nature

HP 120 MOVES
    ATK 70 Discharge
    DEF 57 Pin Missile
    SPD 125 Swift
    SPC DEF 93 Thunder Fang
    SPC ATK 115

2. Ghost94

Ghost94 Collector

@Pokefan_1987 Thunderbolt (TR08) is a drop reward from Max Raid battles and does not require the Isle of Armor DLC. You can find a list of raid dens here: Max Raids with TR08 Drop

Another move I’d recommend for a Jolteon is Shadow Ball and typically you’d want Timid nature on a Jolteon. Also be careful what moves you give your Pokémon because Pin Missile and Thunder Fang are both physically-based moves whereas Jolteon is a specially-based Pokémon.

Ophie likes this.
  3. Golden_Arcanine

Golden_Arcanine Well-Known Member

You're going to want to mint it's nature to Timid. Mild makes it's defense weaker, and it needs all the defense it can get. I'd probably put Shadow Ball on it as well like Ghost mentioned. I'd probably give it Volt Switch to allow it to pivot out if needed. The fourth slot has a lot of options. Toxic, Hyper Voice, etc. are all options.

4. Pokefan_1987

Still what are the chances of breeding a eevee with ditto and getting a preferred nature. is it random or passed down?

5. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

With just Eevee and Ditto and no modifications, it's 1 in 25, as it's all random and there are 25 Natures in all. If one is holding an Everstone, all of the offspring will be of the Nature of the Pokémon holding the Everstone.

6. Pokefan_1987

that sounds like a huge pain testing eevee's and giving leftovers in surprises. my eevee families are

vaporeon quirky
    flareon naughty
    umbreon hasty
    espeon docile
    glaceon impish
    leafeon relaxed
    sylveon sassy

7. Ophie

Ophie Salingerian Phony

What does Leftovers have anything to do with it?

8. Golden_Arcanine

Golden_Arcanine Well-Known Member

I think they were referring to surprise trading the rest of them away.

Ophie likes this.