• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi good night everyone :)

Im working on a fanfic known as Pokemon:Kanto Chronicles
Its about the adventures of a boy name Red through the Kanto region
It has a regional pokedex with 181 species(becuz i added the evos n preevos)

Human characters-

Red-a quiet,yet ambitious,adventurous young man who strives to be a pokemon champion.

Blue-a cocky,arrogant,stubborn,overconfident and bold child prodigy who is reds rival

Leaf-a girl with a mysterious past

P.O-world renowned pokemon professor owns a massiv epokemon habitat center in Pallet Town

Daisy Oak-Blues sister who is the Grand Festival winner

Giovanni- a ruthless man with the goal to takeover the world using pokemon.

Archer/Arianna/Proton/Petrel-missing children that were adopted and brainwashed by Giovanni to create perfect human soldiers

Mewtwo-a malicious entity of pure destruction(caught by Red)

Lance-the pokemon league champion and also the president of the NTF(Neo Terrorism Force)

Anyways i have tons of ideas for the 3 main characters but the first choice is their starters

Tell me should it be
Red-Charmander
Blue-Squirtle
Leaf-Bulbasaur

OR

Red-Bulbasaur
Blue-Charmander
Leaf-Squirtle

OR

Red-Squirtle
Blue-Bulbasaur
Leaf-Charmander

Also im thinking of giving each their own private transport

So

Red
Water-Poliwrath/Gyarados
Fly-Gyarados or Aerodactyl

Blue
Water-Golduck/Kingdra
Fly-Charizard

Leaf
Water-Blastoise/whatever random water type is left XD
Fly-Dragonite

You may have noticed all 3 have dragon like flying pokemon

Also i want to give each one a unique team member so

Red-Scizor or Alakazam
Blue-Porygon-Z
Leaf-Jynx

Note they also have signature pokemon
Red-Pikachu
Blue-Eevee
Leaf-Chansey/Jigglypuff/Clefairy

Another problem is that i like all 3 equal for leafs signature pokemon but cant decide which to choose

What do you think

Current Teams:

Red(with Bulbasaur):
Venusaur'
Raichu-sig
Scizor-caught in viridian
Poliwrath-2nd pokemon
Snorlax-blocked path
Aerodactyl-fossil

Blue
Charizard
Magnezone-caught by power plant
Porygon-Z-Celadon game corner
Rhyperior-caught in viridian
Machamp-caught in Mt mOON
Umbreon-sig

Leaf
Blastoise
Clefable/Blissey/Wigglytuff-sig
Ninetales-it was a cursed hated being in Lavender Town that placed spells on the locals for touching its tail
Jynx-caught as a smoochum that was lost in Viridian city
Victreebel-caught somewhere0
Dragonite-caught in the ocean

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

I say, get rid of Pikachu it sucks and is overused just write it and see what comes naturally. That can reallly help you with teams.

Well i jus tlike Pikachu and i don really love kanto electric types alot except it
also it EVOLVES in my story so no poster child on Reds team forever

Eevee turns into Umbreon also because i like dark types and its badass

Other Characters:
Brock Takeshi-Pewter City archeologist and miner
Misty Kasumi-Cerulean City entertainer and governor
Surge Matis-Former Kanto/Johto war veteran and owns a factory
Erika Akrie-Univeristy lecturer,Shrine priestess,perfume shop owner and botanical scientist
Koga Kyo-runs a ninja dojo in Fushsia city,ninja clan leader
Sabrina Natsume-Saffron City mayor
Professor Blaine Katsura-the man who created Ditto and Mewtwo,top kanto scientist
Giovanni Sakaki-a very powerful and rich buisness man in kanto also owner of crime syndicate Team Rocket
Lorelei Kanna-a local from the sevii islands,fashion model(XD),actress and resort owner
Bruno Siba-Kantos strongest man world famous for his ridiculous strength and dojo owner
Agatha Kikuko-Profs Oaks former friend,a wise old woman with supernatural abilities and owns the pokemon tower
Lance Wataru-Kantos Top pokemon trainer and president of NTF
Professor Bill Sonezaki-pokemon maniac tycoon and technical scientist
Mr Fuji-an old man who cares for abandoned pokemon in Lavender town also former owner of the marowak ghost
Baoba Warden-a very evil and corrupt man who sold out his own buisness for profit from Team Rocket and is killled by a Dragonair god
Chairman-the pokemon fanclub owner who adores anything that is cute but also has a dark past
Copycat-a lonely girl that is said to be raised by Mr.Mimes because she mimics anyone she sees perfectly
Mr.Psychic-a man who knows the future but is revealed to have been a shapeshifting Alakazam that was stuck in its human form that vanished
Primo Hajime-pokemon tv star and apprentice of Bruno
Old Man Kenji-a wise grumpy old man who was the first pokemon champion and knows alot of things

Pokemon deities(not legends):

Titanus(Gyarados)-it was a rampaging gyarados that attacked Cerulean city every 1000 years but was defeated by Reds Poliwrath

Psimon(Alakazam)-placed a spell on the cursed area(lavender town) to prevent evil spirits from traveling into the physical plane

Boldora(Gengar)-the being responsible for ghost type pokemon existence in the physcial plane and haunts and plaques Lavender Town by turning humans into lifeless puppets

Incinedra(Charizard)-an ancient pokemon that lives at the top of Mt Blaze,Cinnabar Island.

Azulea(Dragonair)this pokemon has watched over Fushsia city ground for eons and punished humans for their wicked ways but was captured by Team Rocket after is sacred birth ground(Safari Zone) was sold by Baoba

Gigalios(Venusaur)-watches over Viridian forest

Moltanus(Golem)-it lives deep under neath the kantonent and is the size of a moutain also is the ticking time bomb for the kantonent before the next SUPER EARTHQUAKE

Last edited:

yeminied

You can't ask someone to tell you the details of your story. Only you know the characters well enough to decide who their starter should be and what Pokémon they should catch.

You might want to give Red Bulbasaur because Red is very calm and friendly, a natural battler and trainer. You could give Red Charmander because he has a fiery personality and goes into battle all guns a'blazing. You might want to give him Squirtle because Red is flexible and willing to change depending on the circumstances.

It's up to you to grow your characters and decide their path in your story, not the readers.

You can't ask someone to tell you the details of your story. Only you know the characters well enough to decide who their starter should be and what Pokémon they should catch.

You might want to give Red Bulbasaur because Red is very calm and friendly, a natural battler and trainer. You could give Red Charmander because he has a fiery personality and goes into battle all guns a'blazing. You might want to give him Squirtle because Red is flexible and willing to change depending on the circumstances.

It's up to you to grow your characters and decide their path in your story, not the readers.

According to you charmander sound like the perfect choice for Blue instead because Red is quiet,calm,quick thinking,yet naive
but I LOVE CHARMANDER ALOT but i cant incorporate Aerodactyl into the story if he chooses charmander then it changes everything to:

Water-Poliwrath(I luv this guy)
Fly-Charizard but then Charizard does not bring out enough of the flying typing like Aerodactyl can learn Sky Attack but he cant poor sucker then again he can learn dragon dance

Aero can bring out Rock/Ground/Dragon/Flying/Fire in his movepool
Zard can bring out Fire/Flying(alil)/Ghost/Steel/Dragon in his movepool

OMG who do I choose they have good movepools
I cant choose both because then the team is not balanced

Probably have to give Blue Dragonite(rival for Charizard)
And Leaf can have a Pidgeot(MACH 2 SPEED FTW)

But poor Aero is not used becuz Blue gets Rhydon he cant get Aero
Leaf also cant get Aero because its too beastly and vicious for her personality

Anyway if Red had a Charmander instead this would be his team:
Charizard
Raichu
Snorlax
Scizor
Poliwrath
Victreebel/Nidoking/Gengar/Alakazam

Now for his sixth slot i don like Victreebel but its grass type makes his team look colorful and diverse
Nidoking is not needed because Snorlax is the tank
Alakazam is here because I like it but BLue may have it so yh
Gengar was just a random choice but has a really good movepool but doesnt fit with with Reds team properly
Exeggutor-its good but 8 weaknesses is what makes me think not to put him on Reds team
Espeon or Glaceon-remeber that eevee in celedon city he also lacks ice typing

Who do i choose:
a.Nidoking
b.Victreebel
c.Gengar
d.Espeon
e.Glaceon
f.Alakazam

ALSO PLZ STOP TELLING ME GO WITH MY NATURAL FLOW BECAUSE I THINK THINGS ALOT SO I NEED TO HEAR YOUR OPINIONS PLZ

Last edited:

CuriousHeartless

Well, we did help you. If we gave you everything, then you'd end up a terrible writer. I mean, you already have theoretical teams and everything. Just write god dang it.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'll just close. Also please don't double post as that's against the rules - you can just PM a mod next time (otherwise we only know to close/delete when we look at a specific post in this thread).

But yeah - people already gave you advice so it's not like you've been ignored - to be frank it's more you've been ignoring the advice given. Try choosing the Pokemon yourself, as there's no real need to have someone else to tell you what should be used. What really matters in the grand scheme of things is how you make use of the Pokemon used by the trainer (say in terms of personalities/how the trainer and Pokemon work together (or don't)) rather than what it is beyond the obvious issues (say making a grass-type gym leader only use water types and stuff like that).

Status
Not open for further replies.