1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Need Opinions: Restarting of Older generation Pokemon Games

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Keith Peh, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Keith Peh

Keith Peh New Member

Hi Everyone,

I would like to restart my older generation pokemon games but i am facing with a dilemma.

I do not want to lose the event pokemons or items that i have received during the specific generation era. i could trade away the pokemon to another game but some items cannot be traded.

Is there really no other way other than hacking the pokemon/item into your games?

Would like to know what is your opinions?

2. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

I think you'd have to use Pokémon Bank for that, if you have your older-gen games on the VC.

3. Keith Peh

Keith Peh New Member

I mean i would like to keep those event Pokemon /Items on the same generations. I will lose the following things if i restart my game

Generation 3 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen): Odd Sea Map, Mystic Ticket, Aurora Tickets etc
    Generation 4 (Heartgold/SoulSilver/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum): Enigma Stone, Oak's Letter etc
    Generation 5 (Black/White/Black2/White2): Cgear/Pokedex Skin, Liberty Tickets Etc.

I learnt how to generate the wonder card onto a rom from generation 4 onwards but i want to get those items on the original Cartridge too.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  4. shoz999

shoz999 Name's Looker, Detective Looker.

Your pretty much asking should I give up those items or should I not give up those items for a new playthrough. The Pokemon are transferable if you got the right equipment. I don't know about you but personally Event Pokemon are getting less special these days, on one hand I suppose it feels special if you got it through some rare event back than how it's handled today. Personally, I'm not too attached to the event items. I'd do a new game just to do a new team of Pokemon. However, since ORAS exists, there are the upcoming Let's Go games and the Sinnoh remakes might happen after the first release of Gen 8, you could always hold that off.

NovaBrunswick likes this.