• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need Opinions: Restarting of Older generation Pokemon Games

Keith Peh

Hi Everyone,

I would like to restart my older generation pokemon games but i am facing with a dilemma.

I do not want to lose the event pokemons or items that i have received during the specific generation era. i could trade away the pokemon to another game but some items cannot be traded.

Is there really no other way other than hacking the pokemon/item into your games?

Would like to know what is your opinions?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I think you'd have to use Pokémon Bank for that, if you have your older-gen games on the VC.

Keith Peh

I mean i would like to keep those event Pokemon /Items on the same generations. I will lose the following things if i restart my game

Generation 3 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen): Odd Sea Map, Mystic Ticket, Aurora Tickets etc
Generation 4 (Heartgold/SoulSilver/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum): Enigma Stone, Oak's Letter etc
Generation 5 (Black/White/Black2/White2): Cgear/Pokedex Skin, Liberty Tickets Etc.

I learnt how to generate the wonder card onto a rom from generation 4 onwards but i want to get those items on the original Cartridge too.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I mean i would like to keep those event Pokemon /Items on the same generations. I will lose the following things if i restart my game

Generation 3 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen): Odd Sea Map, Mystic Ticket, Aurora Tickets etc
Generation 4 (Heartgold/SoulSilver/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum): Enigma Stone, Oak's Letter etc
Generation 5 (Black/White/Black2/White2): Cgear/Pokedex Skin, Liberty Tickets Etc.

I learnt how to generate the wonder card onto a rom from generation 4 onwards but i want to get those items on the original Cartridge too.
Your pretty much asking should I give up those items or should I not give up those items for a new playthrough. The Pokemon are transferable if you got the right equipment. I don't know about you but personally Event Pokemon are getting less special these days, on one hand I suppose it feels special if you got it through some rare event back than how it's handled today. Personally, I'm not too attached to the event items. I'd do a new game just to do a new team of Pokemon. However, since ORAS exists, there are the upcoming Let's Go games and the Sinnoh remakes might happen after the first release of Gen 8, you could always hold that off.