• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need some team advising

Status
Not open for further replies.

spicynugs

Hello all,

Had a random desire to play my Emerald from when I was a kid until I beat the game fully, up to the Battle Frontier. Complied a nice little team, and I wanna know what you all think of it. I also need some advice, regarding my last Pokemon. Here is my team currently, with 6 badges. Let me know what you think:

;282; Gardevoir (LV. 32) (Bold)

Shadow Ball / Calm Mind / Psychic / Teleport (will be will-o-wisp)​

;256; Combusken (LV. 33) (Adamant)

Bulk Up / Peck / Double Kick / Ember (will all change upon evolution)​

;342; Crawdaunt (LV. 32) (Calm)

Surf / Bubblebeam (will be Waterfall) / Protect / Facade​

;305; Lairon (LV. 32) (Adamant)

Iron Tail / Take Down / Rock Tomb / Strength​

;227; Skarmory (LV. 31) (will be Salamence once I can get a Bagon) (Rash)

Steel Wing / Fly / Swift / Aerial Ace​

That is my current team as of right now in Emerald. Changes are noted. I'd love for some feedback on the team and some criticism as to what I should and shouldn't do, moves I should erase or replace, et cetera. I'm not looking for a competitive, player-vs-player team, I'm just looking for something to beat the game with. In other words, I'm not looking for some tricked out EV trained Ninjask with all these complicated moves - just something to beat the AI with (which isn't that hard as it is).

Now, that's 5/6: I'm currently torn on what I want to do with my 6th.

Currently, my sixth is Lileep (LV. 37) (Gentle):

Giga Drain / Confuse Ray / Amnesia / Ingrain (will be Ancientpower)​

That covers my weakness to Water (sort of; water attacks do neutral damage to Lileep), but leaves Flying and Electric as uncovered. Hopefully I can remedy this by teaching Lairon Earthquake, but that still leaves Flying Pokemon to deal with. I want to be able to have all of my types covered, but I don't know if I should invest in a Lileep or go searching for an electric Pokemon that'll cover all of my types. Currently leaning towards discarding Lileep for another Pokemon but I'd love some outside input.

Thoughts?

arceus03

Bold in comments. :D Note that I posted a final moveset, not a what-you-can-currently-get moveset. I won't bother commenting on the natures as well, since, well, you wouldn't change them anyway and you yourself said this is just to beat the AI.

Hello all,

Had a random desire to play my Emerald from when I was a kid until I beat the game fully, up to the Battle Frontier. Complied a nice little team, and I wanna know what you all think of it. I also need some advice, regarding my last Pokemon. Here is my team currently, with 6 badges. Let me know what you think:

;282; Gardevoir (LV. 32) (Bold)

Thunderbolt / Calm Mind / Psychic / Thunder Wave/Ice Punch

Shadow Ball runs off her Attack stat, which won't do much. And you don't want to send her out against Ghosts anyway. Thunderbolt is a better option and it covers your Flying type you mentioned as well. Will-O-Wisp is an egg move, so I don't see how it "will be". If you want a status move, go for Thunder Wave instead. Ice Punch is definitely better if you can get it, but it requires BP and I'd assume you're not going to collect BP just to complete an in-game team.

You can also go for the screen(s) (Reflect/Light Screen) if you want.

;256; Combusken (LV. 33) (Adamant)

Bulk Up / Flamethrower / Aerial Ace / Sky Uppercut

You're on the right track. Fire gets STAB, Fighting + Flying is a nifty move combination that gets about every type at least neutrally. Go with Brick Break if you fear the lower 90 accuracy of Sky Uppercut, but whichever one's fine. If you don't have enough money for a Flamethrower TM, Blaze Kick can do the job. It's inferior though, with lower PP, accuracy and power. The only up is that higher chance to get a critical hit.

;342; Crawdaunt (LV. 32) (Calm)

Surf / Ice Beam / Return / Sludge Bomb

A water Pokemon without an Ice move *gasp*
J/k. It's standard though to have Ice Beam on him, would also help against Drake in the E4. A lot. Last 2 moves are mainly filler. I guess you can have Waterfall if you don't feel like carrying an extra Pokemon for HM.

I really love using Crawdaunt's higher attack stat with Swords Dance / Aerial Ace / Brick Break / filler move
with the filler being another physical move, but you do miss out on a water STAB. It'd also be redundant with Blaziken, so. Yeah. Stick to water + ice. His Special Attack is usable enough.

Plus you have a Calm Crawdaunt.

;305; Lairon (LV. 32) (Adamant)

Flamethrower / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam / Metal Sound

No. I'm kidding. Funny though how a Pokemon like Aggron can learn all those moves. If he has Rock Head, go with

~Double Edge
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Iron Tail.

If not, Return > Double Edge. If you can trade, Rock Slide is the better option he can get, otherwise I guess Rock Tomb is usable? Iron Tail does get STAB I guess, though I don't really like the accuracy. But whatever floats your boat.

Not bothering with Skarm since you're replacing him anyway. And he's redundant with Aggron. Except maybe Fly.

Currently, my sixth is Lileep (LV. 37) (Gentle):

Giga Drain / Confuse Ray / Amnesia / Ingrain (will be Ancientpower)​

That covers my weakness to Water (sort of; water attacks do neutral damage to Lileep), but leaves Flying and Electric as uncovered. Hopefully I can remedy this by teaching Lairon Earthquake, but that still leaves Flying Pokemon to deal with. I want to be able to have all of my types covered, but I don't know if I should invest in a Lileep or go searching for an electric Pokemon that'll cover all of my types. Currently leaning towards discarding Lileep for another Pokemon but I'd love some outside input.

Thoughts?

Lileep looks good. My Cradily had Solarbeam / AncientPower / Sludge Bomb / EQ in a weird attempt to make her a mixed attacker sort-of, but that's because I had a Sunny Day Castform and plus her moves add to the rest of my team's type coverage. Your only problem with him is going to be PP though, with Giga Drain and AncientPower both having 5 PP. I guess you can sit there and hope the opposing Pokemon smacks itself to death with confusion. Or have a back-up move with more PP (Return, maybe?). Whatever that works for you.

You don't need an Electric Pokemon if you have Thunderbolt on Gardevoir. Rock Slide / Tomb on Aggron also deals with Flyers. And he resists them x4, unless you're facing a Pelipper which... well, isn't that common. Plus, having an Electric Pokemon will make half of your team weak to Ground which is... not good. And another reason is that you don't get a lot of choices of Electric in Emerald. Electrode, Minun, Plusle, Manectric and Magneton, all of which have limited movepool.

Hope I helped. Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.