• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Need Ultra Sun help/advice/suggestions

The Mega Champion

I can't believe it's come to this. Seriously. I can't. But Ultra Sun is getting on my last nerves and I'm about ready to throwing my damn 3DS at the wall. So let's prevent that from happening shall we?

I need some suggestions/advice/help.

My current team is: Primarina, Sceptile, Talonflame, Aegislash, Kirlia, and Zoroark. It took me twice to beat both the 3rd Guzma fight and the 1st Lusamine fight. Although admittedly the Lusamine fight may have been my fault but it doesn't change how ridiculous this is starting to become.

Talonflame and Fly-Z is not working against Goliosopod. It only did enough damage for Emergency Exit to activate then I started to get sweeped by the rest of his Pokemon. Eventually though I beat him on my second try when it was clear I wasn't going to win (restart)

I was doing well against Lusamine but Bewear KO'd my Talonflame and then, somehow, and I SERIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA HOW, freaking Lilligant started sweeping my team. Admittedly I probably shouldn't have tried to use Acrobatics on Bewear and should have used my Pokemon with Psychic moves on it. That's what I did on my second try (another restart when it was clear I wasn't going to win again) and I won.

But this is seriously starting to get ridiculous now. Yes, I'm not stupid. It's pretty clear to me that my team is super vulnerable to Bug and Poison types and apparently Guzma's team. The question is, what the hell do I do about it? That's what I need help with.

I've been trying to get a damn Dawn Stone from Poke Pelago for what seems to be like over a week now and I've gotten like 4+ freaking Dusk Stones from it but no Dawn Stone(s). I call BS. This is because my Kirlia is male and I want a Gallade.

I'm to Poni Island now and my team is getting KO'd too freaking often. A freaking trainer in Poni Wilds KO'd two of my Pokemon with freaking Toxapex. This is getting ridiculous and I'm not sure how much more I can take this.

So I'll take any advice and suggestions you can give me. I'm to close to the end game so I don't really see how reformatting my team is really viable at this point and I seriously DO NOT WANT TO START THE GAME ALL OVER AGAIN so please keep that in mind as well.

And I'm not even to Ultra Necrozma yet which is apparently Persona 3 FES 'The Answer' in terms of difficulty. Looks like my predictions of 50+ tries may not be too far off.

Either way I'd really appreciate any help anyone here could give me. Thank you.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't really see the problem, you're still winning battles so what gives? Guzma is often a bit of a difficulty jump because he has a couple of relatively hard-hitting pokémon. Like, losing a battle and then trying again isn't really that big of a deal. From your post it seems like you lost two battles. Once to Guzma and once to Lusamine, and then you beat them both on the second try. Losing a pokémon in battles happens. It's part of the game. That's what you have Revives / Pokémon Centres for. If you want to sweep everything in the game without losses, grind more until you're like seven levels above everything else.

The Mega Champion

I don't really see the problem, you're still winning battles so what gives? Guzma is often a bit of a difficulty jump because he has a couple of relatively hard-hitting pokémon. Like, losing a battle and then trying again isn't really that big of a deal. From your post it seems like you lost two battles. Once to Guzma and once to Lusamine, and then you beat them both on the second try. Losing a pokémon in battles happens. It's part of the game. That's what you have Revives / Pokémon Centres for. If you want to sweep everything in the game without losses, grind more until you're like seven levels above everything else.

Well it's not even just that anymore. It's the fact that it's pretty clear my team has issues with Poison and Bug types so I need help/advice/suggestions on how to deal with this.

Something that I found that helps is having max affection on Pokemon. I don't know how many times my Pokemon have endured a hit or avoided an attack for me. I'm not sure if you have that with yours, but it is a neat and helpful mechanic.

Also having a Gallade rather than a Kirlia will help a lot at this point in the game...obviously. If you are still having trouble finding a Dawn Stone, I'll trade one to you. Just let me know!

I've been using Pokemon Refresh and it hasn't really helped. The team that I have only has around 1-2 'hearts' according to Pokemon Refresh. As for the Dawn Stone that's really up to you and not me but I'll take it if it really doesn't bother you. PM me for details on the trade/what you want in return/my Friend Code if you so choose.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
The thing is, you're being very vague in how your team is actually losing. You say you're weak to bug and poison types, even though Aegislash should destroy most of them with ease, it's immune to poison and 4x resists bug. You say you're weak to bug and poison types and then you say you got swept by a Lilligant (a grass type, not a bug or poison type) and have no idea how even though you're the one who was actually there, so that's not exactly helpful to us either.

Like, you're complaining about how things are ridiculous even though from what you're actually telling us you don't even seem to be doing that bad (having a couple of pokémon faint in battles occasionally really isn't ridiculous, it's part of the game). It's very unclear what you're actually looking for here. If you want to have an easier time fighting in the story, just train your pokémon to a bit higher level or something?