• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NEEDED: A hardware device to play DS games on a TV...

Sssjim

Storm Trainer
I have been wanting to get a DS and play the games, but I just can't play games on 2" screens. I got a gamecube with the gameboy attachment to play all my GBA games on my TV, but so far there isn't anything available that I know of to let you play DS games on a big screen TV.

I got a Wii, but it won't play DS games on the TV.

Anyone know of any combination of equipment that would allow me to play DS games on my television???

Thanks!

Sssjim

fhqwhgads

Tough. Only Nintendo Power has one. There's no plan to ever release one to the public. Even they only use it for screenshots. Besides, it doesn't translate the two screens or the touching very well/at all. It's very dumb.

Shinin

Minimalist
Tough. Only Nintendo Power has one. There's no plan to ever release one to the public. Even they only use it for screenshots. Besides, it doesn't translate the two screens or the touching very well/at all. It's very dumb.

No, nobody has one because none exist.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
No, nobody has one because none exist.

Actually, they do exist. fhqwhgads was right. There was an issue of Nintendo Power in which a reader wrote them about a previous issue in which they showed an NP staffer playing Mario Kart DS Wi-Fi on his DS, and it was also on the television screen. NP replied saying that they never planned to release it to the public, and that it is only for professional use.

Yeah, what Thrash said was right on the nose, and that's exactly what they showed too.

Concerning the thread and threadmaker however, why do people want so bad to get the DS on their TV? I don't see any way it would work out, let alone working out in an easier fashion. Like the guy who wrote to NP said, the Wii remote could be used as the sliding and such, but it doesn't sound very practical.

~fuzzy out~

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I have been wanting to get a DS and play the games, but I just can't play games on 2" screens.

Sssjim
Trust me it's easy to get the hang of two screens. It'll take some time to get used maybe but it's easy to do.

~Bent~

awhups
Heh, that reminds me. I want a Wide Boy. I want a Wide Boy.

In any case, there are hardware mods out that allow you to connect a DS to a TV. They're only compatible with the old ("phat"?) DS, however.

I think that there will be a ds tv player because
every nintendo console of the past has had a handheld
crossover

Hao Kaiser

Aww... Crap.
I think that there will be a ds tv player because
every nintendo console of the past has had a handheld
crossover
Ugh... 'Cause that makes SOOOOO much sense.

Ok, every other Nintendo handheld has had ONE SCREEN. They also soley used BUTTONS for control. (And the NES and N64 didn't have the ability to play handheld games... unless you count the N64 Transfer Pack, but that thing sucked, and you could only play Pokemon...)

Guess what, people: Even if they were to make a DS player, you would still have to look at a seperate screen in order to actually play it... Or maybe I'm the only person in the world whose tried to write without looking at what I'm doing...

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I have been wanting to get a DS and play the games, but I just can't play games on 2" screens. I got a gamecube with the gameboy attachment to play all my GBA games on my TV, but so far there isn't anything available that I know of to let you play DS games on a big screen TV.

I got a Wii, but it won't play DS games on the TV.

Anyone know of any combination of equipment that would allow me to play DS games on my television???

Thanks!

Sssjim

It isn't that hard to play with two screens I mean my first DS game was Sonic Rush and that used both screens I also had Mario kart DS and that made the game easier because I could see on the map where the item is, what item did my foe had and what trap was set out but what made it easier was when your screen get covered by an item you just look at the bottem screen.

So tell me why do you want to play DS game on T.V If it is because you played the Game boy game on T.V well let me tell you something the DS isn't the "new" game boy In fact the DS is a new portable console that HAS replace the Game boy altogeter

Sssjim

Storm Trainer
It isn't that hard to play with two screens I mean my first DS game was Sonic Rush and that used both screens I also had Mario kart DS and that made the game easier because I could see on the map where the item is, what item did my foe had and what trap was set out but what made it easier was when your screen get covered by an item you just look at the bottem screen.

So tell me why do you want to play DS game on T.V If it is because you played the Game boy game on T.V well let me tell you something the DS isn't the "new" game boy In fact the DS is a new portable console that HAS replace the Game boy altogeter

Why? Because my vision is getting bad and the small screen is hard to see for me. Even reading a newspaper hurts my eyes after about 15 minutes. I play my games on a 42" HD plasma TV with sensoround... I would just forget the whole thing, but I don't want to miss out playing Pokemon Diamond and Pearl when they come out. Maybe they will eventually bring those games out for the Wii?

Ah well.... sigh... must be nice to be young with good eyes... but some of us are getting up in age and can't see those screens as well anymore. That is why I want to play on a big screen TV...

Sssjim

Anjoola

Pokemon Collector
Hmm, why don't you get one of those magnifying screen covers? They had them for the GBA, I'm sure they have it for the DS