• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Needless (OU)

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.

iaza12825211684000.png

(Is also an awesome anime btw)
251.gif

Eve (Celebi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch

This set has proven to be so very useful through-out testing.
Choice Scarf on Celebi is a double blessing, not only does it let me out speed the opponent, but if done right let me fake a regular set with U-turn. I opted for physical over special because i noticed a lot of the basic Celebi counters have somewhat lackluster defense, and i used that to my advantage a fair amount of matches. U-Turn is good for scouting, and provides momentum with Adam's volt turning. Zen-headbutt is great stab, and it's flinch chance doesnt hurt either. Seed Bomb provides stab aswell, and is really it's only physical grass stab. Sucker punch provides somewhat priority,and does wonders to latios that can plague this team.

642-therian.gif

Adam (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

When i originally got the idea to put Celebi and Thundurus-T together, i thought about putting it on a rain team, but then i realized it was a bit unoriginal. So i went with sand, and it works wonders. Choice Scarf is to outspeed opponents and get a good hit in, or scout or keep momentum with volt turn, depending on the situation. Volt Turn provides stab, and all the effects listed above. Focus Blast provides good coverage, and helps with taking down opposing Tyranitars. Hidden Power Ice is standard, and is good on thundrus all alround. Thunder bolt provides stab without me switching aswell.

205.gif

Scarlet Bomb (Forretress) (M) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

When i heard Custab berry finally was released, an evil smile crossed my face, for i found one of the best killers in the game...the one, the only, Scarlet Bomb. I set up rocks or spikes, then when they bring me down to my sturdy after setting up or neigh, They are in for a nasty surprise. Custap Berry makes it so in a pinch, the holder attacks with Nearly always first Priority ( i think helping hand outspeeds, but idk) . So By Blowing up, it takes down lots of threats in 1 hit, or dents it into ko range...as long as it isnt steel or rock.
And rapid spin is kinda standard, you should know why it's on it.

051.gif

F.E.A.R (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Stone edge
- Night Slash

Fear the 3 headed mole, beast, long nosed... groundhog... mutant...thing...uh...i really don't know what it is honestly, but on to the paragraph. Standard Dugtrio set, getting ko's on heatrans and anything weak to earthquake since 2003. It traps, it trolls, it has everything but good defenses and hp...and attack.

248.gif

Godzilla (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide/Stone edge
- Fire Punch

My favorite TTar set, denting so unbelievably hard with it's 604 attack after choice band. Pursuit traps, ice/fire punch provides good coverage and beats up landorus/dragons and steels respectively. Rock slide is good stab, and it has a nice flinch chance.

065.gif

It's a magic! (Alakazam) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball

"It's a magic!"
Those 3 words alone describe our friend the long mustached magician.
Psyshock makes it so it's not walled by blissey, and it preys on pokemon like venasaur and terrakion's lesser defenses. Shadow Ball provides stab, and is useful against opposing zams and latios, etc. Hidden Power fire lets it ko scizors, and even ferro after rocks, all without a life orb. energy ball provides even more coverage, and helps against water types.

Before you rate this team, please at least take the time to test the team out and see how it works for yourself, as some things i couldn't describe about the team. Anywho, thanks for the rates, and i hope you guys/gals can help me improve this team in any way possible.

Almost forgot, the importable:
Eve (Celebi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch

Adam (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Scarlet Bomb (Forretress) (M) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

F.E.A.R (Dugtrio) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Night Slash

Godzilla (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch

It's a magic! (Alakazam) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball

Attachments

• Needless_Ep01_01.jpg
    Needless_Ep01_01.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Wow. I applaud you sir/madam. This team is outstanding, all weaknesses covered and fun original movesets. The only thing I would trade is having Stone Edge over Rock Slide on both dug trio and TTar because it is more powerful and generally better. But other than that I don't see any problems. I will be testing this Tommorow, and will let you know what happens with it. :)

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Just somethnig about Custap Berry: Its effect is that when activated, your next move goes first in its priority bracket. So if both Pokes used a move with 0 priority like Explosion, you go first. If they used any move that has positive priority (Quick Attack, Bullet Punch, Extremespeed, Protect, anything Prankster-backed, etc.) they go first.

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Just somethnig about Custap Berry: Its effect is that when activated, your next move goes first in its priority bracket. So if both Pokes used a move with 0 priority like Explosion, you go first. If they used any move that has positive priority (Quick Attack, Bullet Punch, Extremespeed, Protect, anything Prankster-backed, etc.) they go first.
Even so, i havent had a problem with that, as they just seem to go for overkill almost all the time.
Noted though, and that's something i'll watch out for.

Last edited:

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Hey crys :3

Do you by any chance have trouble with Heatran btw? I think Dugtrio might be the only that can kill it. You dont seem to hw running any fighting or ground moves for other mons. To remedy this, I think you should run Focus Miss over energy ball on zam. IMO, water types are handled pretty well by Celebi and Thundurus already. Also, why not run Superpower or Earthquake over one of the punches. There aren't many grass type in OU. Ice Punch is for dragons, but Stoone Edge handles it. IMO you should run both EQ and Superpower to hit steels and help the Heatran situation.

Thats all from me. Good luck.

Also love physical Celebi. Btw, wynaut run Sucker punch or SR over Night Slash for diggy?