1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Needs more fire (ou sun)

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by M.Oreo, Nov 1, 2012.

1. M.Oreo

M.Oreo all hax or no hax.

Ninetales
    Drought
    Modest
    252 sp att-spe
    Lefties
    Fire blast, solar beam, sunny day, will o wisp.

Fire blast beats up everything, and solar beam hits stuff resisting it. It's sad that Ninetales does poorly against all other weather, but the next members, take care of weather nicely. I will struggle if I dont have him here. In total, Ninetales is the most important member of the team.

Tangrowth
    Cloryphyll
    Naive
    252 att/spe
    Lo
    Power whip, hp fire, rock slide, growth

Now I know what you're thinking, Venusaur is better in every way! And your right in some ways. Superior sp def, and higher speed are some advantages, but tangrowth sports a better movepool and greater physical bulk. Unfortunately, it is extreemely difficult to sweep, but the other members help punch holes. This is my main sweeper.

Arcanine
    Justified
    Adamant
    Life orb
    252 att/spe
    Flare blitz, close combat, extreme speed, morning sun

My hole puncher, arcanines flare blitz dents almost anything that doesn't resist it. Cc nabs ttar, who is problematic. Extreemspeed is revenge killing done quick, and morning sun recovers health. One of my main hole punchers. Unfortunately, he hates hazards. Still, he really shines in sun. Justified is for surprise value.

Aerodactl
    Unnerve
    Jolly
    Focus sash
    252 att/spe
    Eq, stone miss, stealth rock, taunt/fire fang

My stealth rocker, who sets up speedy rocks. He likes the increased water resist, but his main purpose is opposite weather. He decimates 3/4 weather inducers. Stone edge kills abomasnow, as well as tyranitar. He also kills opposing Ninetales and volcarona. His sr prowess is also great. He can set up on these inducers should they switch. The bad obstacle? Rain. Rain is everywhere, and genesect running around isnt helping. Overall, this stealth rocker does much more than set up rocks.

Starmie
    Natural cure
    Timid
    Lefties
    252 sp att/spe
    Psyshock, ice beam, t bolt, rapid spin.

My rapid spinner. As you can tell, my team is very hazard weak. Starmie adds
    Much needed rapid spin support. But he also beats politoed. This means all opposing weather inducers are covered, and a tangrowth sweep is easier.
    Another important member of the team.

Garchomp
    Rough skin
    Jolly
    Choice band
    252 att/spe
    Outrage, eq,fire fang,stone miss

My other hole puncher. I know what garchomp would say. I'm back. Prepare to die. He rips everything up into tiny bits with his excellent coverage in just two moves. W fire fang, he has perfect coverage. Stone edge is to round out the rest of the coverage. He is hard countered by genesect, But I can switch into arcanine in that case. The anchor of the team.

So, any suggestions? As always, give your honest opinion. Another note, I was really sad in not including volcarona. He is one of my favorites.

2. M.Oreo

Ok, ready for comments.

3. BlueDryBones1

BlueDryBones1 Pokemon Breeder

I was gonna say Solarbean is a bad idea on ninetails b/c they can switch in their weather poke and make you charge and they attack you but then I saw Sunny Day and if you use Sunny day when they switch in you get to keep the sun up (for 5 turns) which they probably wont see coming and you can bring something in forcing them to switch out or use Solarbeam if they are weakened. Was that the idea?

4. M.Oreo

Yep, to force a switch w sunny day. I would use energy ball normally.

5. Quagsireking

Quagsireking I am the king!

Why not give aero pressure instead? Puts a slight damper on genesect or any scarfers parade.