• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Neewbie Racism

• Thread starter PokegodWielderAlex
  • Start date
P

PokegodWielderAlex

i hate how People tease Newbies it's an outrage why do people hate newbs

C

Cipher Admin Skarmory

Most of the people that hates newbs is bacause they act like noobs or they think they will be one or they have fun teasing them (note I don't do anyone of the options)

VDknuckles

Tortoises pwnz you!
PokegodWielderAlex said:
i hate how People tease Newbies it's an outrage why do people hate newbs

Maybe people flame them because half of the newbies can't take the time to use proper grammar and make an intelligent post to support their argument :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
P

Poke Freak

Usually people don't hate all newbs, people just hate newbs that don't listen to the rules or know what proper grammer is. They're right in plain view yet many don't even read them. There's NO excuse for that.

Newbie racism?

Being a newbie isnt a race 8D

Ilex

Oddish plzkthnxbai
Being racist is being against a certain race. Not a group of people.
This should be called "Newbie Prejudicing".
-----------
Anyway, people aren't flaming newbies. A rule was made months ago against doing this. The most common case is that a newb does something against the rules, and then experienced members tell them that they're doing something wrong.

P

PokegodWielderAlex

okok.. the reason i say this bechase i got kicked out of my old forum for being a newb....

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
It's not "Newbie Racism" :p As Shining Mew said...It's not a race 8D. :p

Rather, it's more of "Newbie Frustration." More and more mods have had their share with random newbs and n00bs for a long time. Each time they seen to get one to either mature or go away, anohter one comes, and they bring their friends and the nightmare starts over again. :p

It's really common on most forums, and it takes a lot to show that you're not a "newb" or "n00b." :p

PhQnix

Think Different
Noone has a problem with "newbs" making mistakes, just "n00bs." These two internet slang terms have entirely different meanings.
A "newb" or "newbie" is someone who is new to a forum, they are expected to make mistakes and are most of the time exempt from the stereotypes levied at "n00bs."
"N00bs" however are an entirely different set of people, they make grammatical errors flout the rules and refuse to accept help from more experienced members and those who know the workings of forums.
"N00bs" are subjected to what you percieve as "newbie rasicm" as they are often very annoying people.

C

Cherry Espeon

*gasps*

An outbreak of

"Newbism"

What do we do??????

But it's pretty pathetic to pick on new people. Also it's really low. We were all newbies once...

Ilex

Oddish plzkthnxbai
Cherry Espeon said:
*gasps*

An outbreak of

"Newbism"

What do we do??????

But it's pretty pathetic to pick on new people. Also it's really low. We were all newbies once...

Haven't you read this thread? We just said that newbies are not prejudiced against.

Fatal

Banned
.:Ilex:. said:

Haven't you read this thread? We just said that newbies are not prejudiced against.

Jynxo says in his sig that every time a n00b posts, a baby Phanpy cries! As a mod, shouldn't he be encouraging new people to come to the forum, and not making it seem like a crime for them to post here?

No offense Jynxo, but it's the truth! Quite a few newbs have already posted saying that they don't like it!

Last edited:

Ilex

Oddish plzkthnxbai
clammyshazam! said:
Jynxo says in his sig that every time a n00b posts, a baby Phanpy cries! As a mod, shouldn't he be encouraging new people to come to the forum, and not making it seem like a crime for them to post here?

-___-.

n00b =/= newb.

How many times must this be said?

[spoil]I now await for Jynxo to stumble apon this thread...[/spoil]

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
requested to be posted said:
People don't hate newbies at all, in fact, there is an adoption thread where new members can learn the ropes. n00bs on the other hand, are hated. This is because they post things like this. Learn Internets.

On another note, to be a newbie is to not to belong to a race, ergo, it isn't racism, prejudice is the word darling. Learn English.

-Josh

Well, seeing that, I have to agree. way 2 g0 Josh! ell oh ell!
=P

Last edited:
E

Ethereal

clammyshazam! said:

No offense Jynxo, but it's the truth! Quite a few newbs have already posted saying that they don't like it!

WTF? o_O

ANYWAYS, people don't "tease" newbies (lol. e-teasing). The fact that anyone would do anything negative to a person just because they're new is just....weird. I'm sure the majority of people here couldn't give a crap about new people. It's the idiots that refuse to attempt to type somewhat well while using 80 pokemon smilies per post (the first and last of which ALWAYS being the damned Dark Lugia smilie) that we have a problem with. ;/

Lol. "Racism". I almost laughed myself into a coma after reading that. Especially when the thread title is spelled "Neewbie Racism". o_o

E

Ethereal

Actually, no I wasn't.

If you actually took the time to READ through this thread--which you clearly didn't--you'd have seen that newbs =/= n00bs.

Since you seem to be...erm...not the brightest bulb, I'll break that down. Newbies and n00bs are NOT the same thing.

P

PokegodWielderAlex

god i bumb.... sorry....*Shots self in head*

but why do you hate newbs...?

PhQnix

Think Different
PokegodWielderAlex said:
but why do you hate newbs...?

You didn't read any of the thread did you?