• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Neewbie Racism

• Thread starter PokegodWielderAlex
  • Start date

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
It doesn't help that whenever a newbie is warned for breaking a rule, they complain and say they are being picked on for being new.

"I'm new, I didn't realise"

No excuse. If you overdose on painkillers you don't say "I've never taken pills before, I didn't realise." you read the intrustions. Same goes here. If people think they are being picked on for being new, it's probably their own fault.

P

PokegodWielderAlex

i got banned in another form for having 1 post the message
" ****, n00b,**** off"

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Well, people seem like they're being OK. Although there are some things that aren't in the rules, but are still frowned upon. Sometimes they don't know not to do those things.

And yeah, one of the most important Internet things is to learn is that newbie=/=n00b. I heard somewhere that one of the best ways to tell a newbie from a n00b is that if they do something wrong, and they apologise and say they'll try to do better, they're probably a newbie. However, if they lash out and call people names, and don't take the advice, they're probably a n00b.

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
urbandictionary.com said:
Noob is meant as an offensive term towards someone who is not nessicarily new, and quite often is directed at someone that is |somewhat| experienced but at the same time stupid/disruptive and/or totally incapable of learning.
A noob is almost always someone who thinks they're cool but obviously aren't. Also used in 1337speak.
see also: n00b, nub, ch00b, n00bo, n00blet.

Newb is not meant to be offensive. newb merely states that the person in question is new to the game/board/whatever.
Noob -
Ralph: OMG I IS THE BEST!11!!one1!!! YUO ALL SUK!11! LOL!
Fred: noob.
Daniel: go home n00b...

Newb -
Sam: Guys, anyone know where |x| is?
Daniel: Sure, Its somewhere over near |y|.

Simple as that. nOObs are just arragont while newbies just need some guidance. No one here is really prejudice against newbies. They just get angered at them if they act like an a*s.

PDL

disenchanted
this is why I advise that people who just registered on the boards to lurk for a week or so before posting anything. Then they can understand how the forum works without having to be ridiculed by people.

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Most of the newbies that I know and/or have seen, that lurked the forum for a week or two, have turned out to be great additions to the community. those who jump right it, and think that they are 1337 because they have a 25% full pokedex and/or a Mewtwo caught in an ultraball turn out to be n00bs.

R

RaichuMaster

Part of what makes SPPf nice is the fact that a postcount isn't shown, because in other forums, people are judged to be newbs based solely on this. Here, you're judged by what you post.

Here a person is a n00b for acting like one. A persons status is judged by their posting habits, and that's how it should be.

Here, you don't have to worry about being a n00b if you just follow the rules, which isn't a tall order.

SlimShady

Kill your heroes
Shining Mew said:
Newbie racism?

Being a newbie isnt a race 8D
It's prejudice! Besides, people are A-HOLES. Everybody downgrades others because they are sociably unstable, not to mention losers and unpopular.

E

Ethereal

Great job taking the time to read through the thread so you wouldn't sound like a retard. *hi5*

Chris

Old Coot
SlimShady said:
It's prejudice! Besides, people are A-HOLES. Everybody downgrades others because they are sociably unstable, not to mention losers and unpopular.
Ohhhh the hypocrisy!

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Hypocrite (sp?) and judgemental seem to happen alot really, I am not that judgemental (Okay sometimes and sometimes a Hypocrite, aleast I can admit it), like if a newbie makes one small mistake he/she is automactially assumed as a Noob.

I am a newb (sort of) I joined in the summer holidays and I am only a Cascade trainer (I think) and I really enjoy these forums.My definition of a n00b is someone who teaches their Smeargle this moveset.
Smeargle
Black belt
Hyper beam
Hydro cannan(spelling)
Frenzy plant
Blast burn
This is a n00b's dream moveset. OR
Charizard
Mystic Water
Blast burn
Overheat
Fire blast
Ember
These are very annoying people but I would never tease them about it.
I was once battlind someone on netbattle an I was using Flareon against a Skarmory. The Skarmory was doing the Spikes/Roar combo so I thought that if I switched to meganium then the Skarmory would Roar me back to my Flareon because If there was anyone I did not want to have to battle a Skarmory with it would be my Meganium or I could have made my Meganium use ingrain. Leech seed and then my Meganium could keep on healing itself. Anyways, I was getting watched by about 8 spectators on Netbattle doing this and then i was ridiculed on netbattle for the next fortnight as the guy who switches a Meganium into a Skarmory. I really hated it and I would never want to do it to anyone else.

Fatal

Banned
I get it now! Newbs are just new people, and n00bs are really annoying new people who annoy the f*ck out of experienced forum users and post in the wrong thread and all that, right?

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Just realised this is in the wrong forum too. Site Discussion is for Discussing the Site. Shouldn't be to hard to work out why Forum Discussions don't belong here.

*moves*

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
clammyshazam! said:
I get it now! Newbs are just new people, and n00bs are really annoying new people who annoy the f*ck out of experienced forum users and post in the wrong thread and all that, right?

actually, not all n00bs are new people. It certainly looks like it evolved from a term for newbies, majorities of which were likely rather annoying back in the day when 133t hacker slang was first being used. But nowadays, the term "n00b" refers to just about anyone who's an annoying poster, be it a rookie or veteran.