• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Negaishipping (Ash x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
^ Well I have seen animated shows for children where the lead character does show affection towards another character. Take the Wild Thornberrys (sp?), the main girl character does kiss a male lead and she does (grow up) a little throughout the series. It can happen with pokemon, I've already heard the lead characters for the B/W game are supposed to be older anyways.

TrainerOfLegend

Since the ship is literally "unborn" yet, we'll have to wait and see how shippy this series will be. Still, I won't stop supporting AshxIris!

BlueDragonfangirl

For f***'s sake, the damn season hasn't even started. The characters haven't even met yet!

It's not like any of these shippings will ever happen anyway. Just look what happened with Misty, May, and Dawn...

Only one that will EVER has a shot is PokeShipping. ONLY ONE.

But, it will probably never happen. You know why? Because...

A.) Pokemon is a TV show meant for children. Children really don't care about romance or other crap like "character development".

B.) The writers are mentally challenged.

C.) They are so mentally challenged that they don't even care what the fan base has to say about anything.

But, whatever. At least you guys have fun with these Shipping things and that's all fine and dandy. I just do not like it. At all.

EDIT: idk if this is considered "bashing" shippings. I don't bash. I simply don't approve.

HAHAHA Yah than go don't apporove some where else.
It seemed an aweful lot like bashing to me and like you wanted to start some thing. I've seen you around shipping forums before, so I assumed you knew the rules of how things worked around here. Don't like the ship, don't talk in the topic, simple as that. I don't like Pokeshipping but I respect people's opinions on it and not bash the topic, see that's the kind of person I am.
So please be as I am to you, I think we can just enjoy ships just for the fun of it. Even knowing the ship might or might not happen its still fun to just ship it.

Last edited:

TrainerOfLegend

Ok, question time!

How do you think Ash and iris will meet?

I'm thinking of the standard in which Pikachu goes missing and lands in the care of Iris. I hope that it will premiere in Japan as a two-episode deal, so that the first episode deals with Iris' adventure starting(if she's a Psychic, then she'll get her own "unique" first episode) and Pikachu ends up with Iris.

On the second, Ash meets up with Iris after contacting Jenny who tells Ash that a Pikachu had just been there. Ash manages to catch up, and there we go!

BlueDragonfangirl

I have a feeling your right.
Its become tradition that Ash blows up the girls bike LOL.
I hope its an intresting way though, I hear now Iris will be talking like a girl from a Knights film of the past. So maybe have Ash save her some how with sun shinning over him, she'd be looking at him like in awe and be all my knight!

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
I'd like them to meet in a sort of hilarious/humorous situation or perhaps on accident!

TrainerOfLegend

Yeah, since I heard she is dramatic, Ash saving her in a "Knight in shining armor" moment would set the stage nicely for AshxIris

BlueDragonfangirl

I'd like them to meet in a sort of hilarious/humorous situation or perhaps on accident!

A funny moment eh? LOL How about Ash and Team Rocket and Iris all fall on a boat together :p
I don't know....I do like the knight idea the best though, from the sounds of things it'd fit her character. I hope we get official information soon and images of Ash and her together.

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
Ummm some of my friends have already started penning fanfics of AshXIris so I suggested them to call the ship LEAKSHIPPING...coz out all possible leaks this was probably the one most hyped about and the leak almost rocketed through the internet, so...

Also I had though about heartshipping recently coz:
1. Recently it was revealed that Iris had some kinda connection with pokemon's hearts AND Ash becomes her knight...(in which case knightshipping would apply too ;))
2. She owns a koromori(this was revealed too) which has a heart shape on its underbelly...

I for one prefer leakshipping though...it somehow sounds....i dunno...OK? I thinks its fine...

Anyway lets see how Iris' charater really is...

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Ahh~ Reminds me of the first PearlShipping thread. :) Memories -shot-

Anyways. Satoshi/Iris. I'm giving this a chance. I wonder if their chance meeting will be an interesting one. xD

Perhaps something will happen with Satoshi's Pikachu. He'll want to know about Pikachu's condition. Then he'll bump into Iris and if she is like Yellow (like I've heard haha), perhaps she'll take one good look and pet Pikachu before concluding to him that he'll be fine and all it needs is a good rest and a berry.

TrainerOfLegend

leakshipping fits, but it sounds...different...

I wonder if their chance meeting will be an interesting one. xD

This is all I ask for the first episodes. if it's the Knight thing, then better!

PePer

I think WishShipping sounds cool.

Anyway, I'm going to give this shipping a try, from rumours I heard Iris might be able to communicate with Pokemon maybe read thoughts? xD and probably Ash is going to be her knight what sounds cute, but again rumours, but I hope it will go well anyway.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
What about Knightshipping? The rumors say Iris will call Ash "her knight". Actually, this shipping can be pretty interesting! ^^

TrainerOfLegend

Knightshipping sounds cool, but we don't know for a fact that Iris thinks of Ash that way. WishShipping sounds cool aswell, and fits with the season name, just like advanceshipping, pokeshipping and pearlshipping

GalladeX

THAT'S WHAT THOSE RUMOURS REMINDED ME OF. YELLOW. *BAD POKESPECIAL FAN*

Guyyyyyys Max/Jirachi is already Wishshipping :/

I like the sound of Betashipping...

Anyway, I have suggestions:

-Gambatteshipping (See my previous post)
-Omedetoushipping (See my previous post)
-Cuartoshipping (Cuarto= Fourth, like fourth girl)
-Chiaroscuroshipping (From Ash dressing like black, and the girl first being totally featured on white paper *shot* or something like that)

And...Yeah. x_x

Hmm...I'd like to see Ash be on his own a little more, just we can see how he learned about being in the wild and such. But maybe he takes a boat to Hiun city or something, and sees Iris drowning, and saves her?
I dunno.

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
OKAY...I'll be honest...I really HATE that icky sweet "knight in shining armor" stuff ( I am a guy...nuff said)

...Thing is I only supported pearlshipping coz. I liked Dawn A LOT and I'd imagine I was Ash (scary AND creepy right?)....So 'knightshipping' doesnt really ring with me...I'm in this only for two of my friends(who happen to be girls and who love all this shipping stuff every gen...). Honestly! the anime series hasnt even started and they've already finished with the leakshipping(temporary name by fanatic shippers in our school) fanfics!!

Here are some of the names weve come up with which might or might not interest you...
heartshipping
exoteshipping(Iris' look is exotic)
whiteshipping
betahypeshipping

favs out of all this junk:

ASH is a kind of tree and Iris is the name of a flower-----ring bells??
Gaeashipping(Gaea---earth godess)
natureshipping
florashipping
forestshipping
GREENSHIPPING----liked this coz. B/W are colors
VEGETASHIPPING----comes from vegetation...also 'VEGETA'----ring bells???
queershipping(hairstyle's a bit out of the ordinary)
skillshipping(both have sp. abilities acc. to rumors---Ash has aura, Iris has pokennection)
dexshipping(same as above....coz. dextrous means skillful)
talentshipping(")
animeshipping(Iris is said to be anime-only lead)
leakshipping(already mentioned above)
abilityshipping(nah dont think so)

So, I think we should just wait for the anime to start so that you all can get a grip on the tiniest, juiciest moment in the first few eps(isnt that how the name is decided?)...

Last edited:

Vycksta

GalladeX said:
KAFHASFHAHSFHASF.
THE KUIPER BELT IS A SERIES OF COMETS WAY PAST OUT PLUTO.
/End Astronomy rant
I fail to see where you're coming from. At the end of it there's comets involved and the reason behind Kuipershipping still stands.

It's also got a strong backing on Livejournal. Ignore this name at your peril... and TBTH, it's my personal favourite. A break from the other Ash x main girl ships.

TrainerOfLegend said:
BTW, Is this a temporary thread or the real deal? It's just that the other Shipping threads start out with rules, owners, co-owners, etc
I would say this is the "official" thread. While yes, you are right in saying that all other shipping threads have the rules and etc, I am fine in letting that slide for now until we get a name sorted... no matter how long that takes.

munchlaxboy said:
For f***'s sake, the damn season hasn't even started. The characters haven't even met yet!

It's not like any of these shippings will ever happen anyway. Just look what happened with Misty, May, and Dawn...

Only one that will EVER has a shot is PokeShipping. ONLY ONE.

But, it will probably never happen. You know why? Because...

A.) Pokemon is a TV show meant for children. Children really don't care about romance or other crap like "character development".

B.) The writers are mentally challenged.

C.) They are so mentally challenged that they don't even care what the fan base has to say about anything.

But, whatever. At least you guys have fun with these Shipping things and that's all fine and dandy. I just do not like it. At all.

EDIT: idk if this is considered "bashing" shippings. I don't bash. I simply don't approve.
Your point being?

Don't disregard us shippers as thick. We are very much aware that no canon ship will ever happen in Pokemon but there's nothing wrong in having a little bit of fun in spotting hints, writing fanfiction, drawing fanart, talking about the possibilities with other shippers. We are very much aware that the anime writers don't care for our opinions and beliefs but when has that stopped anyone, in ANY fandom for an anime, a TV show, a play, a book, a film? SORRY FOR HAVING A BIT OF FUN!!!!!!!11

Here's the deal kiddo. Like it or not it is always the big thing to name a ship that is going to have a fair bit of limelight... but does that mean that we are going to take the first suggestion given? No, otherwise Ash x Iris will forever be known as PokeWishesshipping. If you were to read the posts instead of coming in thinking you're the Big I Am you would see that we are taking SUGGESTIONS. The most popular SUGGESTIONS will then be put into a POLL and that POLL will last a MONTH. It took a month for the fanbase to decide on Ash x Four-chan being Othelloshipping, we can do the same here. We have learned from Pearlshipping.

Okay, going through the names flying around here...

STOP WITH WISHSHIPPING. IT'S THE NAME FOR MAX X JIRACHI.

Heartshipping is the name for Lily x Melody.

Whiteshipping is the name for Jasmine x Lyra.

Queershipping is the name for genderbent!Jessie x genderbent!James.

Skillshipping is the name for Ash x Domino.

Dexshipping, Bestshipping and Animeshipping are too generic.

Abilityshipping is the name for Ash x Anabel.

Gaeashipping is basically an alternate name for Gaiashipping, which is the name for Gardenia x Cheryl.

Forestshipping is the name for Sammy Oak x Celebi.

Natureshipping is the name for Celebi x Shaymin.

Greenshipping and Florashipping are all also taken but I'll be damned if I can remember for what pairs. I'm not that much of a brainbox on the shipping names. 8Db

Kuipershipping's "fanbase" is getting stronger, as is Wishesshipping. Pencilshipping is now being frowned upon... and calls for people to wait until September for the first episode are, sadly, being ignored. Hand on heart this will get named before then; that is the way the cookie crumbles. Especially when you have people from about 10 different websites wanting to name it... all it needs for one of those names to pick up and spread like wildfire...

Current poll; Kuipershipping vs Wishesshipping vs Betashipping vs Omedetoushipping vs Chiaroscuroshipping. Y/N?

BlueDragonfangirl

HAHA Leakshipping would be a fun name for nowXD
But once the show actually starts it'd have to change.
I like Knightshipping if those leaks of Iris seeing Ash as her knight are true.
I hope it is cuz it'd be different and cute.
There's already fan fictions? Wow that was fast LOL. Cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.