• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Negaishipping (Ash x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokémonItch

Pokémon Coordinator
Anyone here know any good negai fics? :3
Just feel like reading some, since this is one of those unpopular ships in the community that I actually find cute.

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper
I feel like Negai gets too little love. Sure, it might not have many hints, but this has a chance of becoming canon just as much as the others. For example, Ash's Oshawott seems to have a crush on Iris' Emolga. And Emolga seems to return the feeling. We all know Pokemon represent the feelings of their trainers, so Ash & Iris might like each other! Plus the teasing is pretty cute. :)

BubChan

Wonderwall
I feel like Negai gets too little love. Sure, it might not have many hints, but this has a chance of becoming canon just as much as the others. For example, Ash's Oshawott seems to have a crush on Iris' Emolga. And Emolga seems to return the feeling. We all know Pokemon represent the feelings of their trainers, so Ash & Iris might like each other! Plus the teasing is pretty cute. :)

I think that Ash didn't like Iris in a romantic way, but i believe that Iris might have a crush on Ash, it's good to see that we have fans of this ship

Negaishipping has too much hate! It's possibly the best shipping, besides Pearlshipping. Why does everyone hate Iris?! I just don't get it!

Anyone here know any good negai fics? :3
Just feel like reading some, since this is one of those unpopular ships in the community that I actually find cute.
Look up Toadettegirl2012 on FanFiction. She's an amazing author and writes mostly Negaishipping! Tell her lucarizard sent you ;D

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper
I'm really sure Iris (and Cilan) will return, because May returned in Sinnoh, Dawn returned in Unova, etc.

Why is there no love for Negaishipping? ;-;
She is one of the few tolerable female protagonists, she's really pretty, she actually has a personality, and her and Ash just seem perfect together.

BubChan

Wonderwall
Why is there no love for Negaishipping? ;-;
She is one of the few tolerable female protagonists, she's really pretty, she actually has a personality, and her and Ash just seem perfect together.

Is because (i think) NegaiShipping don't have many romantic hints, unlike poké, Advance, Pearl and Amour, and i think many Ash fans hates how Iris treats Ash, so i believe that's why, almost, no one likes NegaiShipping

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Welp, some of us vanished off the face of the Earth.

Hey, does anyone have an idea of how they're going to handle Iris' championship in the anime? Because of she returns in Kalos, and she has some level of Championship about her, I can only imagine the shenanigans of her getting flustered when Ash congratulates her.

(They probably won't do it bUT I CAN DREAM)

BubChan

Wonderwall
Welp, some of us vanished off the face of the Earth.

Hey, does anyone have an idea of how they're going to handle Iris' championship in the anime? Because of she returns in Kalos, and she has some level of Championship about her, I can only imagine the shenanigans of her getting flustered when Ash congratulates her.

(They probably won't do it bUT I CAN DREAM)

I would love to see something like this! He would be so happy for her!

phanpycross

God-king
While I slightly doubt Iris would become straight up champion, I could see her reach her goal as a dragon-master, used for a somewhat similar effect, ie. ash's jaw hitting the floor. It'd likely be a cute/funny moment.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
While I slightly doubt Iris would become straight up champion, I could see her reach her goal as a dragon-master, used for a somewhat similar effect, ie. ash's jaw hitting the floor. It'd likely be a cute/funny moment.

Haha, true. It'd also be neat to see their dynamic to change, as Iris would be one of Ash's few friends to achieve their lifelong goal.

Luthor

They could have her start by properly becoming a gym leader that would shock him a bit.

chalkus

They could have her start by properly becoming a gym leader that would shock him a bit.

Not really. Ash has plenty of gym leader friends. Iris needs to fully evolve axew, become champion, and return in her B2 W2 design. She would be a good influence on Serena.

phanpycross

God-king
Okay, consider this a psaudo-bump, so this thread wont get buried in the 1000 shipping poll's.

I restarted watching the anime right after XY started, so I had only really heard of BW as this thig that nearly killed the saga, because of it's terrible league, and Ash having a massive downgrade as a trainer.

However, I wanted to see what all the fuzz was about, so I tried out watching it, so I could make my own opinion of this controversial saga.

While there were a few downgrades, like the battles not being quite as epic, I personally found the saga to be a true diamond in the rough, sporting great humor, an Ash, that while not being the pro DP set him up to be, had that wonderful childish spirit that made the OS Ash very entertaining, and some pretty good rival's in Trip and Stephan.

Now, as to be expeted of this series, The main female was to be shipped with Ash, but negai wasnt quite the huge fanbase that stuff like amour, poke, pearl, and Advance had made up, and was more along the lines of centest, and orange-shipping.

Im gonna be entirely honest, while watching the first episodes, I couldnt quite see it, but around BW 4, it finally hit how well they worked of each other, Iris by making sure Ash didnt get himself into too much trouble, and Ash by lighting up the mood. That's something I really like in romance, the ability to not only live with your partner's imperfections, to actually benefit from them as well.

Now while most people tend to hate Iris' downtalking Ash, to me it never came off as "OMG, what is this idiot doing now", and more "I really wish this guy could stop doing stuff like this", and it never came off as cruel or hateful, more caring and wishful of Ash actually starting to, well grow up.

This was just my 2 cent's on why I think negai is a greatly underrated ship, that doesnt deserve the ridicule it gets.

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
Okay, consider this a psaudo-bump, so this thread wont get buried in the 1000 shipping poll's.

I restarted watching the anime right after XY started, so I had only really heard of BW as this thig that nearly killed the saga, because of it's terrible league, and Ash having a massive downgrade as a trainer.

However, I wanted to see what all the fuzz was about, so I tried out watching it, so I could make my own opinion of this controversial saga.

While there were a few downgrades, like the battles not being quite as epic, I personally found the saga to be a true diamond in the rough, sporting great humor, an Ash, that while not being the pro DP set him up to be, had that wonderful childish spirit that made the OS Ash very entertaining, and some pretty good rival's in Trip and Stephan.

Now, as to be expeted of this series, The main female was to be shipped with Ash, but negai wasnt quite the huge fanbase that stuff like amour, poke, pearl, and Advance had made up, and was more along the lines of centest, and orange-shipping.

Im gonna be entirely honest, while watching the first episodes, I couldnt quite see it, but around BW 4, it finally hit how well they worked of each other, Iris by making sure Ash didnt get himself into too much trouble, and Ash by lighting up the mood. That's something I really like in romance, the ability to not only live with your partner's imperfections, to actually benefit from them as well.

Now while most people tend to hate Iris' downtalking Ash, to me it never came off as "OMG, what is this idiot doing now", and more "I really wish this guy could stop doing stuff like this", and it never came off as cruel or hateful, more caring and wishful of Ash actually starting to, well grow up.

This was just my 2 cent's on why I think negai is a greatly underrated ship, that doesnt deserve the ridicule it gets.

This post ^^^^^^^^^
I exactly think the same way! I really wasn't into the shipping until the first few episodes came and realized how great they mesh together! I think WishfulShipping is cute, BUT if I had to pick between that or Negai, I would personally prefer NegaiShipping! A lot of people are annoyed of Iris calling Ash "a kid" but I think it's just a cute gesture of their friendship...I mean I call my closest friends idiots and morons sometimes and they all got used to it with no hard feelings lol. It's just sad that it is getting ignored a lot and also considered not being one of the main Ash ships...but oh well I guess we're a minority group.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.