• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Negaishipping (Ash x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Somebody had went on ahead and made this ship already without the B/W girl's image yet? Anyway, I like supporting ships when they are so far from being any data on both of the charaters even knowing each other. Put me on the list.

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
I fail to see where you're coming from. At the end of it there's comets involved and the reason behind Kuipershipping still stands.

It's also got a strong backing on Livejournal. Ignore this name at your peril... and TBTH, it's my personal favourite. A break from the other Ash x main girl ships.

I would say this is the "official" thread. While yes, you are right in saying that all other shipping threads have the rules and etc, I am fine in letting that slide for now until we get a name sorted... no matter how long that takes.

Your point being?

Don't disregard us shippers as thick. We are very much aware that no canon ship will ever happen in Pokemon but there's nothing wrong in having a little bit of fun in spotting hints, writing fanfiction, drawing fanart, talking about the possibilities with other shippers. We are very much aware that the anime writers don't care for our opinions and beliefs but when has that stopped anyone, in ANY fandom for an anime, a TV show, a play, a book, a film? SORRY FOR HAVING A BIT OF FUN!!!!!!!11

Here's the deal kiddo. Like it or not it is always the big thing to name a ship that is going to have a fair bit of limelight... but does that mean that we are going to take the first suggestion given? No, otherwise Ash x Iris will forever be known as PokeWishesshipping. If you were to read the posts instead of coming in thinking you're the Big I Am you would see that we are taking SUGGESTIONS. The most popular SUGGESTIONS will then be put into a POLL and that POLL will last a MONTH. It took a month for the fanbase to decide on Ash x Four-chan being Othelloshipping, we can do the same here. We have learned from Pearlshipping.

Okay, going through the names flying around here...

STOP WITH WISHSHIPPING. IT'S THE NAME FOR MAX X JIRACHI.

Heartshipping is the name for Lily x Melody.

Whiteshipping is the name for Jasmine x Lyra.

Queershipping is the name for genderbent!Jessie x genderbent!James.

Skillshipping is the name for Ash x Domino.

Dexshipping, Bestshipping and Animeshipping are too generic.

Abilityshipping is the name for Ash x Anabel.

Gaeashipping is basically an alternate name for Gaiashipping, which is the name for Gardenia x Cheryl.

Forestshipping is the name for Sammy Oak x Celebi.

Natureshipping is the name for Celebi x Shaymin.

Greenshipping and Florashipping are all also taken but I'll be damned if I can remember for what pairs. I'm not that much of a brainbox on the shipping names. 8Db

Kuipershipping's "fanbase" is getting stronger, as is Wishesshipping. Pencilshipping is now being frowned upon... and calls for people to wait until September for the first episode are, sadly, being ignored. Hand on heart this will get named before then; that is the way the cookie crumbles. Especially when you have people from about 10 different websites wanting to name it... all it needs for one of those names to pick up and spread like wildfire...

Current poll; Kuipershipping vs Wishesshipping vs Betashipping vs Omedetoushipping vs Chiaroscuroshipping. Y/N?

you kinda scare me you know.....AND on top of your elaborate post you claim of NOT BEING A BRAINBOX ON SHIPPING PAIRS???

I guess this is what happens when fangirls(even moderators) contract shipping fever...brrrr....scary...If Ash were real, he would not be.....seriously....

Last edited:

Vycksta

dragonpsychicrules said:
you kinda scare me you know.....AND on top of your elaborate post you claim of NOT BEING A BRAINBOX ON SHIPPING PAIRS???
I are scary hur hur hur. >8)

No, seriously, I'm not that terrible. I'm a bit of a strict git on shipping names but that always has been and always will be my way. Or maybe I'm overworking myself cause there are names flying everywhere for this pair and I'm trying to bring some kind of normalcy.

BlueDragonfangirl

Somebody had went on ahead and made this ship already without the B/W girl's image yet? Anyway, I like supporting ships when they are so far from being any data on both of the charaters even knowing each other. Put me on the list.

Well, they have a sketch out of the girl with Ash and Team Rocket and an old man on it :p
It was before the sneak peak and it turned out to be true. So we know what she looks like, we have side lines of what the character may be like and what her relationship with Ash might be like, it sounds cute if true.

TrainerOfLegend

Kuipershipping vs Wishesshipping vs Betashipping vs Omedetoushipping vs Chiaroscuroshipping. Y/N?

I think this sounds good. I personally vote Wishesshipping, with Kuiper in strong second. The other two are just too hard to spell correctly everytime.

While Wishesshipping might be extremely similar to MaxxJirachi, that ship is fairly unknown, so i don't think the name will stir much.

Oh,and forget about Monoshipping then.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
If this ship does become canon pretty cool that I was apart of the beginning of the new ship thread haha

Vycksta

TrainerOfLegend said:
I think this sounds good. I personally vote Wishesshipping, with Kuiper in strong second. The other two are just too hard to spell correctly everytime.
I can always omit Chiaroscuroshipping and replace it with Gambatteshipping instead, which is easier to spell. Wishfulshipping is also starting to get a mini following over at BMGf...

Could make it a seven way tie?

GalladeX

Y-You picked MY Shippings to go in the vote?
I'm so proud...I-I promised myself I wouldn't cry-
*WAAAAAAAAAAAAILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH*

I vote for swapping Chiaroscuro and Gambatte

As for my vote...I vote Gambatteshipping (if we swap them) and Kuipershipping (if we do not swap them)

Simply because Wishesshipping is way to similar to Wishshipping for my liking, and I want things to be neat and organized.

Vycksta

What I will do within the next day or two is set up a poll, either in this thread or I'll make my own and make it a sticky thread. I am setting one up on Livejournal too, simply due to there being discussions there and of course, cause of Kuipershipping. At the moment I am trying to cut down on the many suggestions flying around. Cause I doubt very much that we can hold off naming this until September. xD;;;

Current poll is shaping up to be Kuipershipping vs Wishesshipping vs Wishfulshipping vs Betashipping vs Gambetteshipping vs Omedetoushipping. Any problems at all with this?

TrainerOfLegend

Wishfulshipping! Putting my money on this one, although it makes AshxIris shippers sound like their wishful about the ship! I like it!

Could make it a seven way tie?

No way to know until we make a poll, right?

Current poll is shaping up to be Kuipershipping vs Wishesshipping vs Wishfulshipping vs Betashipping vs Gambetteshipping vs Omedetoushipping. Any problems at all with this?

Sounds good!

Last edited:

Vycksta

TrainerOfLegend said:
No way to know until we make a poll, right?
Don't worry, there will be a poll. I just want to make sure that what goes in the poll has at least some approval from somewhere. 8)

BlueDragonfangirl

Oooh Wishfulshipping is nice.
I like it too, name is pending than eh?
Man I can't wait to see the first episode of the series.
I'm sure Iris and Ash will have a great relationship.
The Pokemon owners always make sure to have Ash and the female friends have a good relationship. I'm sure this one will be no different, but like I said I hope that Knight talk is true ^^

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
How bout we call it NewAgeshipping, Dangerousshipping (Michael Jackson Album Black and White), Contrastshipping or monochromeshipping?

Last edited:

Vycksta

kukkyou_ooraka said:
How bout we call it NewAgeshipping, Dangerousshipping (Michael Jackson Album Black and White), Contrastshipping or monochromeshipping?
Dangerousshipping is the name for... racking brain... Lovrina x Domino x Courtney x Mars IIRC. Contrastshipping I know is Sneasel x Blaziken while Monochromeshipping is a name in contention for Four-chan x Black-kun x the rival, whoever he or she may be.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Dangerousshipping is the name for... racking brain... Lovrina x Domino x Courtney x Mars IIRC. Contrastshipping I know is Sneasel x Blaziken while Monochromeshipping is a name in contention for Four-chan x Black-kun x the rival, whoever he or she may be.

Ahh thats interesting! I'm not too familiar with all the shipping names out there. NewAgeShipping still in contention? :p

TrainerOfLegend

Monochromeshipping is a name in contention for Four-chan x Black-kun x the rival, whoever he or she may be.

So THIS is why monoshipping can't happen!

Vycksta, do you know the names of them all by heart or do you Ctrl+F the names in a list?

Last edited:

Vycksta

kukkyou_ooraka said:
Ahh thats interesting! I'm not too familiar with all the shipping names out there. NewAgeShipping still in contention? :p
I'm pretty much a shipping name nerd. Some people may call it sad, I call it being dedicated.

NewAgeshipping, while being slightly similar to NewErashipping (( Archer x Houndoom )), is free. If there are enough calls for it I will add it to the eventual poll.

@ TrainerOfLegend: Pretty much, yes. There could be confusion down the line.

... and to answer your question yes and no. I am savvy on most of them, but on occasion I do have to check just to make sure. It helps that I have named a ton of them myself too. /nerd

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
I'm pretty much a shipping name nerd. Some people may call it sad, I call it being dedicated.

NewAgeshipping, while being slightly similar to NewErashipping (( Archer x Houndoom )), is free. If there are enough calls for it I will add it to the eventual poll.

@ TrainerOfLegend: Pretty much, yes. There could be confusion down the line.

... and to answer your question yes and no. I am savvy on most of them, but on occasion I do have to check just to make sure. It helps that I have named a ton of them myself too. /nerd

Na Thats pretty remarkable! And thanks I'll keep my fingers crossed

Help and vote for NewAgeShipping!!!

TrainerOfLegend

and to answer your question yes and no. I am savvy on most of them, but on occasion I do have to check just to make sure. It helps that I have named a ton of them myself too. /nerd

Awesome! To tell the truth, i find out about the term Shipping a month ago, so I don't know alot besides those involving the main cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.