• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Negaishipping (Ash x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vycksta

Feel free to drop me a PM or a VM to chat away. I can go on for hours about shipping and help you with names and what-have-you. Shipping is a ton of fun. I don't care that most of the Pokemon fandom frown on it, as long as you enjoy something then why should the closed-minded opinions of others bother you?

BUT BACK ON TOPIC. Seems like the six way poll I mentioned earlier is going to be THE poll, the rate it's going. As said I'll give it another day or two.

Knightshipping seems popular, due to Iris going to call Ash that or something. Mmm... I want proof of this if so. As far as I'm aware all we know of Iris is her look. 8|

Can we just call it OmedetouShipping? It's in the one word theme, and it literally means "Best Wishes" in Japanese x_x. (Pronounced Oh-meh-de-toe)

I am sorry, but Omedetou means "Congratulation."
It has nothing to do with wishes.

If Japanese-name shipping is what you guys want, there's always Negai(願い)shipping.

TrainerOfLegend

Knightshipping seems popular, due to Iris going to call Ash that or something. Mmm... I want proof of this if so. As far as I'm aware all we know of Iris is her look. 8|

It started with someone on GameFaq saying that, then pokemonjungle(http://pokejungle.net/) released the info, with a screenshot of the email they were sent. It seems to be a nice blog, but I'll let you decide the integrity. However, Iris being a dramatic Psychic seems to fit her pose(her hand extended like that mirrors the game's Psychic trainers)

GalladeX

I am sorry, but Omedetou means "Congratulation."
It has nothing to do with wishes.

If Japanese-name shipping is what you guys want, there's always Negai(願い)shipping.

GAHHHHHHHHHH
WHUT.
Are you serious? Guys I am so so SO sorry. That was a total error on my part. I apologize x_x

I guess we need to take that one out of the running x_x

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
GAHHHHHHHHHH
WHUT.
Are you serious? Guys I am so so SO sorry. That was a total error on my part. I apologize x_x

I guess we need to take that one out of the running x_x

NewAgeShipping take its place! :D haha

And the fact that she may be a psychic is cool! Maybe read Ash mind and make some funny scenes in the show

TrainerOfLegend

And the fact that she may be a psychic is cool! Maybe read Ash mind and make some funny scenes in the show

I also read another rumor that she has "visions" that let her see where trouble or disasters will take place, so she and Ash go around chasing them and stopping them. Again, i don't know how legit this is, but the rumors seem to be following each other quite well...

If the Psychic and disaster-stopping turns out to be true, then Best Wishes will be extremely interesting.

TrainerOfLegend

^ That is even more interesting.

They could match. Aura and uhh vision + other stuff. Haha. xD

Yeah, maybe Iris will be Ash's Aura buddy? Well, if anything, BW seems to be very different, which = cool!

Darkxninga

Wishfulshipping! Putting my money on this one, although it makes AshxIris shippers sound like their wishful about the ship! I like it!!

Wishfulshipping sounds Awesomeeeeee :D! I love it! I hope that gets alot of votes, plus its easy to remember ~some of these other shipping names are hard to spell and remember for me x( ~ I think it makes more sense to have at least SOMETHING that has part of the pokemon title in it.
Like pearl shipping for : diamond and pearl
Pokemon Advance: Advanceshipping
.....pokemon ......:...pokeshipping (it was just pokemon at the time for the first eps so....uh....)
and yeah. having "wish" involved with the shipping name would make more sense to me, er hm "Best wishes".
(now Im kinda a no on my second choice "Wishesshiping" because if someone misses the "es" between the "h" and the "s", well..I fear there'd be a flame war x[ !! )

Last edited:

Brazillianguy

Well, I liked Iris' design, and this pairing, with the new atributes from the new anime, might be cool to support, and I think I'll get used to it.

Talking about the name, Wishfulshipping is pretty nice since, as some people has pondered, it follows the "main-ship-name-based-on-anime-saga" thing.

TrainerOfLegend

Thanks, but it was't my idea. Vycksta posted it, so I went along with it! Still, it seems pretty cool how it connects with the anime title.

Also, I read at another site that Iris is a variation of a female character in the games. Not a main character, but that appears on a different part of the game.

GalladeX

Wishfulshipping is AWESOME.
I vote that now.

Hmm...Maybe Ash will learn to use his Aura Powers more if Iris helps with her Yellow-esque abilities? That'd be cute, just her tutoring him~

TrainerOfLegend

Hmm...Maybe Ash will learn to use his Aura Powers more if Iris helps with her Yellow-esque abilities? That'd be cute, just her tutoring him~

Sounds good! But, what do you mean by Yellow-esque? Who or what is Yellow?

GalladeX

Sounds good! But, what do you mean by Yellow-esque? Who or what is Yellow?

Yellow's a character from the Pokemon Adventures manga. She has special powers that like reading Pokemon minds, healing, etc. I figured Ash could use his Aura Powers, and Iris could use her Yellowish powers to make sure he was doing it right xD

I coudl just imagine a scene where Ash is having trouble with something, and Iris comforts him~

Do you think the dubbers will keep Iris as her English name? It seems fairly English-ish.

Vycksta

TrainerOfLegend said:
It started with someone on GameFaq saying that, then pokemonjungle(http://pokejungle.net/) released the info, with a screenshot of the email they were sent. It seems to be a nice blog, but I'll let you decide the integrity. However, Iris being a dramatic Psychic seems to fit her pose(her hand extended like that mirrors the game's Psychic trainers)
I just had a quick scan through... mmm, while it is hard to see what is the truth and what is lies maybe it, for now, would be stupid to discount Knightshipping.

Also guise, THE POLL IS NOT UP YET. DON'T VOTE, I AM ONLY SIZING THINGS UP BEFORE I DO GET ONE UP.

Current poll options; Kuipershipping vs. Wishfulshipping vs. Negaishipping vs. Betashipping vs. Knightshipping vs. Gambetteshipping. Is everyone happy with this? If so then I will put the poll up TOMORROW.

TrainerOfLegend

Current poll options; Kuipershipping vs. Wishfulshipping vs. Negaishipping vs. Betashipping vs. Knightshipping vs. Gambetteshipping. Is everyone happy with this? If so then I will put the poll up TOMORROW

I think it sounds good!

Will you put the poll on this thread, or a sticky on this board?

Yellow's a character from the Pokemon Adventures manga. She has special powers that like reading Pokemon minds, healing, etc. I figured Ash could use his Aura Powers, and Iris could use her Yellowish powers to make sure he was doing it right xD

For some reason, I love manga but have never read any of the Pokemon manga(not even Electric Tale of Pikachu)

Vycksta

I am leaning towards the sticky. Then that way every shipper on the forum can see it as it will stay near the top of the page. Also it will keep the whole naming shebang away from the main point of this thread, which is the discussion (( Or for now, speculation )) of Ash x Iris.

Status
Not open for further replies.