• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Negaishipping (Ash x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohan5

Irisboy

[img139]http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff428/whitefang2011/Negai1.jpg[/img139]

NEGAISHIPPING
"Wishes can come true..."
(Portmanteau: サトアイ "SatoAi")​

Hi all and welcome to the Negaishipping thread!

Negaishipping is the belief that there will someday be a relationship between Ash and Iris, the former's latest traveling companion and one of two leaders for Unova's final gym in the games. Negai (Pronounced Neh-Guh-Eye) is Japanese for wish and is used as an alternative for the name WishShipping (Max x Jirachi) after the title of the Japanese anime "Best Wishes." The name is very fitting considering that we all are wishing they get together!

Rules:
1) Follow all standard SPPf and Shippers rules.
2) DO NOT bash NegaiShipping in any way shape or form, this includes the name and the shippers. Offenders will be dealt with by a moderator.
3) One liners are allowed, providing they include something to contribute to the topic at hand. "Negaishipping rules!" is a BAD example, "Negaishipping rules! I started liking it from episode three when..." is a GOOD example.
4) If you're posting fanart, fanfiction and fanvideos, be sure that is not the only thing you are posting. This is a discussion thread after all.
5) No bashing of other ships.
6) Be respectful of others and their opinions.
7) Enjoy your time here!

1. BlueDragonfangirl
2. Darkxninga
3. VoltTacklingPika
4. TrainerofLegend
5. Katsu Koneko
6. dragonpsychicrules
7. Caseydia
8. kukkyou_ooraka
9. Brazillianguy
10. AdvancedK9
11. Sonic Toadstool
12. Sutefi
13. Ashist_Wilketch
14. Victini'sMaster
15. AmericanDreamer
16. aipomadvanceshipper
17. CafeMocha_Negaishipper
18. Ashton Nauran
19. Rissychan
20. Zino
21. KibaLG8
22. shungiku01
23. Ambri
24. Sweep Freak
25. Caseydia
26. Ideologies
27. DuquÊ?
28. Angeliclily
29. Pink Lapras
30. PK0082
31. Chimchar15
32. Contestshipper101
33. Pearlmasterking
34. Wanizaru
35. ponyboycurtis
36. pokeash
37. Allyson
38. Mew~
39. kaitouXmurasaki
40. Mr.Joker
41. Espeon 114x
42. Oceanus119
43. Marla
44. Mijumaru Master
45. Stardust
46. Romanticide
47. NegaiFreak
48. Charizard32
49. .Wind.
50. tmega90
51. xNekoxWitchx
52. gohan5
53. beautifly
54. floracat
55. Bridge
56. travisjb90
57. EzzPeon
58. NegaiShipper
59. xxBaconxx
60. Zuzu14
61. SphealsFTW
62. Starry Skies>3
63. Shooti
64. LunarWolf
65. Draceram
66. ShadowSnivy
67. Piplup740811
68. -Twilight Miracle-
69. (Spirit Mew)
70. Nauran
71. zekrom reshiam
72. ☆StarlightDream☆
73. RainbowPhoenix
74. pokefan#493
75. TurboBolt
76. TurboBlaze
77. Kaush22
78. Victini01
79. Poke's4Ever
80. melody_of_legends
81. midnightjewelz
82. **BlizzardFlame**
83. Faytal
84. watericedragon
85. Jrzfine
86. Moonlight Absol
87. Elekible-Kid
88. Mesarin
89. PokeMaster366
90. Chuck$$$
91. ::CometTwister::
92: xxkatieexx
93. gamerator1
94. satoharupika
95. HatersGonnaHate
96. Numb
97. strawberries
98. thedehydrator
99. TouyaBlack

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z197 /dannyphantomcute/IrisxAshimage.jpg

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/...s_2010/Banners/NegaiBannerYW.jpg?t=1291151435

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Banners/negaishipping.png

[img139]http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff428/whitefang2011/negai-2.png[/img139]
[*IMG]http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff428/whitefang2011/negai-2.png[/IMG]

Last edited:

Darkxninga

We have a new ship folks.
We still don't have a name for it I think.
In case your wondering who Iris is, she's an all anime made character. Not apart of games at all and has been confirmed for the next series.
Ash was on the sketch with her, which likely means he's confirmed as well.
I like the idea. Any one else excited for the ship?

Wahehe. My first time posting on a shipping forum. I kinda like the idea of AshxIris :D for some reason. I guess the shipping for this can be probably whatever....pokemon they ..have .....or.. ...um....gah i dont know xD nvm!
I can't wait to find out the name for this shipping will be and what the girl actually looks like so there can be some fanmade shipping pictures with Ash and Iris ^^. I know Im excited!
(someone called this shipping "hairshipping", that was funny but mean in way imo xD! Let's get a better name shall we!)
edit: hmm...maybe something with "wish" in it.....like "Wishshipping" or something....er......not sure...

Last edited:

VoltTacklingPika

And Ash's collection of potential female suitors grows larger... :D

I tend to keep my eye on most of the ships involving Ash, so this one won't be an exception.

Although I will have to actually see Iris in action first before hand.

Durp

I thought one of the pending names was BestWishesshipping?

I don't support it because it hasn't even aired yet, but it does have potential. If I do end up liking it, I'd die... XD Me, liking something more mainstream..!

Vycksta

Wishshipping is 10 billion percent OUT of the question; it's been the name for Max x Jirachi for years.

Current names being suggested are Pencilshipping (( Because there was that concept art that came out a week before Iris was 100% confirmed to be the new female lead )), BestWishesshipping (( The name of the new anime series )) and Wishesshipping (( Shortened version, preferred by some due to all other Ash x main girl ships having a one word ship name )). I have also seen on Livejournal the name Kuipershipping. The Kuiper Belt is a short-period comet, a comet being a shooting star. You tend to WISH upon shooting stars, the name of the new anime series is Best WISHES...

I am not going to lie, Kupiershipping is an extremely strong contender and should not be counted out. Same with Pencilshipping, same with Wishesshipping. I say that there should be a poll to decide on the name from one of those three. Unless anybody else has any suggestions to make said poll more than a three way choice.

BlueDragonfangirl

So, BestWishshipping names out of the question now eh?
Dang it, I like the name. Can't we switch some thing?
Well any who, nice to see some people intrested in this one besides me.
I think Ash and her will have some fun interactions with each other.
I wonder if they'll start out alone or if Ash and his new group will just meet altogether?

Darkxninga

Wishshipping is 10 billion percent OUT of the question; it's been the name for Max x Jirachi for years.

Current names being suggested are Pencilshipping (( Because there was that concept art that came out a week before Iris was 100% confirmed to be the new female lead )), BestWishesshipping (( The name of the new anime series )) and Wishesshipping (( Shortened version, preferred by some due to all other Ash x main girl ships having a one word ship name )). I have also seen on Livejournal the name Kuipershipping. The Kuiper Belt is a short-period comet, a comet being a shooting star. You tend to WISH upon shooting stars, the name of the new anime series is Best WISHES...

Well dang I didnt know. o_0 (max had a shipping with a pokemon? thats the first time i heard of it, but i must'of missed it ) :/ oh well. Something will come up.

Kdude146

then how about Bestshipping

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
^ Seems to assume a bit, no? :p

I have also seen on Livejournal the name Kuipershipping. The Kuiper Belt is a short-period comet, a comet being a shooting star. You tend to WISH upon shooting stars, the name of the new anime series is Best WISHES...

I've never heard of the Kuiper Belt, but Kuipershipping sounds oddly... right to me. It certainly sounds cool.

Though if we were going to follow the same logic then Halleyshipping might be a more familiar association.

Kdude146

ok then hb yinshipping for Ash and Iris and yangshipping for Iris and the new boy

BlueDragonfangirl

I will be following this thread closely. :)

You mean, cuz you'd like to join in the fun :p
I wonder What if Iris will be in contests or some thing else?
Ovbiously Ash will want in if its some thing new.
I mean, what type of relationship will these two have I wonder?

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Blackshipping is already Gary/Lyra.

It should be Wisshushipping. Wish + Isshu = Wisshu. *shot*

Might as well start up some discussion questions... even if it is early.

What kind of personality should Iris have to give her a strong relationship with Ash?

Vycksta

Okay guise, I think we need to get some kind of organization going. I have been trying to hold off cause of waiting to hear from Toraphi but I have heard nothing so I'm going to jump in head first.

Let's get Ash x Iris named.

As said the main four names in contention are BestWishesshipping, Wishesshipping, Pencilshipping and Kuipershipping. Anybody else got any other suggestions before I slap up a poll and get everyone to vote? It took a month for Othelloshipping to be the name for Ash x Four-chan, I think we can apply some patience here too. After all, it's going to be the "main" ship of the next three to four years.

Skiyomi said:
Though if we were going to follow the same logic then Halleyshipping might be a more familiar association.
That's a name in contention for Four-chan x Iris. Which by the wheel of Soi BETTER be accepted cause Fourthgirlshipping is terrible.

GalladeX

The Kuiper Belt is a short-period comet, a comet being a shooting star. You tend to WISH upon shooting stars, the name of the new anime series is Best WISHES...

I am not going to lie, Kupiershipping is an extremely strong contender and should not be counted out. Same with Pencilshipping, same with Wishesshipping. I say that there should be a poll to decide on the name from one of those three. Unless anybody else has any suggestions to make said poll more than a three way choice.

KAFHASFHAHSFHASF.
THE KUIPER BELT IS A SERIES OF COMETS WAY PAST OUT PLUTO.
/End Astronomy rant

LAWL. I'd LOVE to see what'd happen if we try and name it BestShipping.

Can we just call it OmedetouShipping? It's in the one word theme, and it literally means "Best Wishes" in Japanese x_x. (Pronounced Oh-meh-de-toe)

EDIT: I fail at life and didn't add my previous suggestion:

GambatteShipping (From Japanese meaning "Good Luck" (for the next region), references to Ash's habit to using a gambit, and how it's the short form of the politer "Gambatte Kudasai", and Ash isn't exactly the most polite person ever.

Last edited:

TrainerOfLegend

I'd like to join!

Also, I also suggest Monoshipping

Doesn't exactly fit ALOT, but still. Mono stands for Monochrome, which is a style of painting in which only one color is used, and variating tones of it(Black and White is used to add this variation) are used.

What kind of personality should Iris have to give her a strong relationship with Ash?

She is rumored to be dramatic, so I would add strong-willed to that and you have a perfect match!

BTW, Is this a temporary thread or the real deal? It's just that the other Shipping threads start out with rules, owners, co-owners, etc

Last edited:

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
You mean, cuz you'd like to join in the fun :p
I wonder What if Iris will be in contests or some thing else?
Ovbiously Ash will want in if its some thing new.
I mean, what type of relationship will these two have I wonder?

Well ya but I'm a Pokeshipper but the new girl seems cool just curious how this turns out!

TrainerOfLegend

I'm guessing munchlaxboy is a Pokeshipper?

First of all, children DO care for romance. While they do not care for the fine details, or don't watch Japanese episodes 6 months before they are released in their language, I know for a fact that alot of children care about character romances. I remember that I used to support Pokeshipping alot, even when Orange Islands aired, which was arguably used for nothing but shipping, giving Ash a win and testing out a Brock-less season.

And something I won't get into is bashing other shippings, because it is clearly not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.