• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Negaishipping (Ash x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkxninga

I voted Wishfulshipping and boy are Wishfulshiiping and Negaishipping neck and neck o_0! I think they are around the same percentage (40% somethings)
>_< come on W.S.!!!

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

W.S best matches the ship for me.
It matches the title of the series and I think its a cute fit for them ^^

Darkxninga

W.S best matches the ship for me.
It matches the title of the series and I think its a cute fit for them ^^

Yeah same here xD. Even if W.S. might lose out (>_< eeeenuuuuu!!!) Negaishipping would be okay. o_o although I dont know what "Negai" means!
Wishfulshipping is perfect though, I love it.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Wishfulshipping sounds great to me.It would be ok.I mostly be inbetween this ship but I will not hate this.B&W series looks great but waiting to see how things play out first.

TrainerOfLegend

Negaishipping would be okay. o_o although I dont know what "Negai" means!

Negai means Wish. It's essentially going around the fact that Wishshipping is already being used.

BlueDragonfangirl

Yeah same here xD. Even if W.S. might lose out (>_< eeeenuuuuu!!!) Negaishipping would be okay. o_o although I dont know what "Negai" means!
Wishfulshipping is perfect though, I love it.

Yah, if I had to choose for second choice it'd be Negaishipping as well.
If I think two characters look nice with each other from the start I ship itXD

TrainerOfLegend

If I think two characters look nice with each other from the start I ship itXD

Same here! Something about Iris seems...different, in a good way. And that kind of different is ALWAYS welcome!

Darkxninga

Same here! Something about Iris seems...different, in a good way. And that kind of different is ALWAYS welcome!

:D *thumps up at quote!*
I admit at first I didn't like Iris design and look but now that I got used to it I think she's gonna be okay! I gotta get used to her hair though and I like her "different" vibe. Its a positive "different" too. ^-^ hehee and Im usually never on a shipper forum but for Iris x Ash I'm all the way! (Let's see how her persona. is first exactly before I can judge her completey)

Carina

Plasbad!!
Shouldn't you all WAIT to see at least one episode of Ash and Iris to get a sense of their interaction before even deciding on a name for the shipping?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Shouldn't you all WAIT to see at least one episode of Ash and Iris to get a sense of their interaction before even deciding on a name for the shipping?

True but people are shippaholics...... >__> I would have thought of a better name, like having to do with Ash's Aura and Iris' possible ESP...... but I guess WishShipping is good too, i guess.

TrainerOfLegend

WishShipping isn't available as it is MaxXJirachi... That's why we have WishfulShipping as an option.

I believe Pearlshipping started the same way, with the name "Pearl" being derived from the name of the game's female protagonist, Dawn.

luner45

Oshawott!! Lets go!
iris doesnt look like the female player in b&w so..i think the other guy that is going to replace brock is probably going to have a crush on iris instend but i think we should wait before making one..also im sick of people making new shippings every time a new generation starts. :(

VoltTacklingPika

also im sick of people making new shippings every time a new generation starts. :(

That's inevitable, isn't it? I mean, it doesn't matter whether or not this thread is here now or created after the first couple of episodes... it was always going to appear.

And think about it. Chances are that AshxIris will become a credible pairing within the Pokemon commonuity, just like the other AshxHeroine pairings.

TrainerOfLegend

lso im sick of people making new shippings every time a new generation starts.

People make shippings of Ash + COTD that never appears again. People have the urge to pair up any character with any other character.

The Horizon

The Forgotten One
Luner does have a point, though. This stuff is starting to go stale. I mean, how long can this really go on until something actually does happen? Ash should be old at this point, but I guess he's still 10-11 years old.

Ross720P

I voted for Negaishipping, it just rang the best in my opinion.

As for the new chick Iris, a part of me is hoping her character would resemble someone like Haruhi Suzumiya. That kind of crazy/over-the-top character would be very refreshing to the series. This way, Ash being called her 'Knight' could be both be literal and a joke. But regardless, if Ash IS going to be called her Knight, it shouldn't be out of any kind of romantic attachment. Instead it should be out of moral duty. After all if she is going around to stop bad things from happening she's going to need someone to protect her. (The romantic attachment can come later)

Or she could take the Haruhi method and drag him into becoming her Knight.

Iris: Ash! I've got an Idea!
Ash: What?
Iris: BE MY KNIGHT!
Ash: ........
Pikachu: pika?
Ash: no...
(Several hours and extortioning/blackmailing later)
Iris: BE MY KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D-X<
ASH: OK!!!! ><;;;

This would work for fanservice as well. Dawn cameo? Haruhi Iris dresses her in a bunny suit....in front of ash...

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

iris doesnt look like the female player in b&w so..i think the other guy that is going to replace brock is probably going to have a crush on iris instend but i think we should wait before making one..also im sick of people making new shippings every time a new generation starts. :(

Well, what I don't get is.
If you don't like early ships why do some of you guys feel the need to post?
Want to vote the name that's fine, but a lot of us like the idea.
I'm pretty sure there's no rule against shipping early. We can ship whatever, whenever we want if we like whateverXD

I like that idea on Iris, it'd make an intresting twist for Ash.

Lunar Lucario

The One And Only
Most likely is gonna be something simple like
whiteshipping, or isshushipping or something like that.

Eyesshsipping, or Capshipping it could work......................uh idk

AdvancedK9

SHOOP DA WOOP!!!
If that wasn't sarcasm, then wow, I missed it when you were a Pearlshipper.

A comment directed at me in another forum after I posted:

[...]Still, Ash x Iris looks hawt.

XD Anyways, it's been a good while since I posted at Serebii, so my return will include my first attempt at shippy fan-art. Featuring Wishfulshipping (That's the name that's probably in a solid lead in the "official" poll XP)

BlueDragonfangirl

Yah? Wishfulshipping is in the lead on the polls? Yes!
For me, it just sounds better yah know?
I bet Iris will have a crazy personalityXD
It should match with Ash, that'd be freakin fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.