• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Negaishipping (Ash x Iris) General Discussion - SPOILER WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elision

Fall Apart.
Here's another fanart:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=5&q=negaishipping#/d4diw8f

I know we were discussing Ash and Iris's Pokemon and them possibly having a relationship and this picture pops up XD Now I know it's not Oshawott/Emolga but I somehow like this better. This picture is like if Ashachu (Ash turned into a Pikachu) meets Irisolga (Iris as Emolga XD).

How would Iris react to meeting Ashachu?

If only the real Ash and Iris could do that... it's still nice though.

I like Emolga/Pikachu better aswell, and if their Pokemon might ever have a relationship together, it would probably bring them closer.

I'm not sure how she would react, what about Ash meeting Irisolga?

gohan5

Irisboy
Wow, nice to see you all getting involved. Let me try to answer all of you now XD

Probably the same way she reacts to all things that are cute, and cuddly. Ash wouldn't have any of it though, he'd probably try and get away lol.

I got one too.

Ash, and his female companion have all had a different types of relationships. They were always special connections in their own way. How would you classify Iris/Ash?

Yeah you're right, she'd probably have a hyper moment and maybe start chasing Ash and trying to catch him XD Ash probably tries to switch places with Pikachu or kicks Axew out and hides in Iris's hair XD

I promise I'll answer your question a little later Neji, it's just right now I'm in between classes and your topics always make me think ^^

Ash and Iris running off together again leaving Dento behind in the next city would be the best thing ever! I'd also like to see a hug next time too, pretty please writers, think a hug is too much for Pokemon??

Welcome new comers.

I completely agree, we should have another episode with Ash and Iris off alone doing their own thing again. Maybe if they visit the Dragon Village Iris could take Ash and show him some places around that she likes. Or she could introduce him to the Pokemon friends she had in the village ^^ I don't think a hug is too much for Pokemon, but I dunno the writers are a little sensitive about that stuff :/ It could still happen though.

I love this new fanart! Now it's my favorite one!! :D

Thanks for posting it gohan ^^

Maybe she reacts like in episode 2 with Pikachu xDDDD

No problem Pikachuuu, I had to post that after I saw it because it's just so awesome XD It's definitely one of my favorites too, I mean it looks like an official artist from the show did it. Now if the real animators could only take the hint and make something like that happen XD

Yeah Iris probably freaks out by how cute Ash looks in his Pikachu form and just hugs him, but hopefully she doesn't get shocked this time XD

If only the real Ash and Iris could do that... it's still nice though.

I like Emolga/Pikachu better aswell, and if their Pokemon might ever have a relationship together, it would probably bring them closer.

I'm not sure how she would react, what about Ash meeting Irisolga?

It's been a while Pony, welcome back ^^

I know, it'd be amazing if we had another episode where the trainers turn into Pokemon, and I've always said that Emolga kinda looks like Iris ^^

Me too, I dunno why but Pikachu and Emolga look like they would make a cute couple. I think if their Pokemon were in a relationship it could bring them closer too.

That's a good question actually. I'm thinking that Ash gets along great with Irisolga and that she probably likes sitting on top of Ash's head. Oh and she probably likes to play tricks on Ash ^^

floracat

Give me your food.
That's a cute fanart gohan! And to answer the question, Iris would probably hug and squeez him like she did to poor Pikachu the first time she saw him. Poor Pikachu.

I don't really think if two Pokemon fall in love then so will the trainers. It's true that Pokemon recieve characteristics from their trainer, but Pikemon individuals. I don't really think a Pokemons relationship will be parrallel to it's trainers.

gohan5

Irisboy
Ok Neji, I think I have some time to answer your question now ^^

Ash and his female companion have all had a different types of relationships. They were always special connections in their own way. How would you classify Iris/Ash?

Hmm well it seems to me that most of the time Ash and his female companions were in some kind of mentor/student relationship. During Kanto and Johto Misty was the mentor to a young Ash that was just beginning his Pokemon journey. She and Brock set the foundation for everything that Ash learned back then and how he's incorporated it into his own style. During Hoenn Ash, after parting ways with Misty and a little experience under his belt, becomes the mentor to May who is just beginning her Pokemon journey. At first May doesn't even like Pokemon, but being around Ash and his Pokemon not only changed her mind but she also went on to do Contests. With Dawn in Sinnoh, again Ash was seen in a sort of mentor capacity to Dawn who was a fresh trainer with Contest dreams. However with this relationship both Ash and Dawn learned a lot as their separate dreams sometimes crossed in various ways.

Now with Iris in Unova, it's hard to see what exactly their relationship is but it is different than the previous three I described. Ash, for the most part, still retains all of his experience from the previous adventures he's had, but now he doesn't have anyone to mentor since Iris is an experienced trainer already. You could say that Iris shares a similar mentor role to Misty in Kanto and Johto, but I don't think so since Ash isn't a beginner anymore. Honestly, I just see Iris as a person that Ash has there to draw support from when necessary. I do think that Iris chose to follow Ash for some reason but until I know what that is I can't really say if she and Ash have that mentor/student relationship. They're just friends that support each other. Yeah I know, I'm not really satisfied with the answer myself but I can't think of anything else. Maybe that'll change as we keep watching Ash and Iris together ^^

Edit: All this talk of Ash and Iris as Pokemon and knowing Halloween is coming up has me thinking.

What Pokemon suit Ash and Iris, or what would they dress up as?

We already know the obvious ones like Pikachu, Emolga and their teammates but try to think outside the box. They don't have to look like the Pokemon, just something you'd like to see them as. Here's a little bit of what I mean:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=negaishipping&order=5&offset=48#/d46rjm8

They don't look like either of those Pokemon but it still looks nice ^^

Last edited:
Ok Neji, I think I have some time to answer your question now ^^

Ash and his female companion have all had a different types of relationships. They were always special connections in their own way. How would you classify Iris/Ash?

Now with Iris in Unova, it's hard to see what exactly their relationship is but it is different than the previous three I described. Ash, for the most part, still retains all of his experience from the previous adventures he's had, but now he doesn't have anyone to mentor since Iris is an experienced trainer already. You could say that Iris shares a similar mentor role to Misty in Kanto and Johto, but I don't think so since Ash isn't a beginner anymore. Honestly, I just see Iris as a person that Ash has there to draw support from when necessary. I do think that Iris chose to follow Ash for some reason but until I know what that is I can't really say if she and Ash have that mentor/student relationship. They're just friends that support each other. Yeah I know, I'm not really satisfied with the answer myself but I can't think of anything else. Maybe that'll change as we keep watching Ash and Iris together ^^

Yeah, we still don't really know why Iris choose to follow Ash. Some actual insight on that would be nice.

I don't think Ash, and Iris have the student/mentor relationship either. However, I do think that Ash has been regressed as to justify their current relationship dynamics. Ash was very mature in both AG, and DP. That probably has to do with him being in the mentor position. Now that there is no newbie for Ash to guide, and direct it seems he has been reduced to that position. He is more childish than back then, and I think the writers wanted to establish that to make Ash/Iris relationship different. This is also the first time where Ash has been presented as slightly inferior to his female compatriot as well in terms of talent. Of course I don't expect anything major to happen between them romance wise, but I'm very curious as to where there relationship will be right before their inevitable separation.

What Pokemon suit Ash and Iris, or what would they dress up as?
^^

I could easily see Iris dress-up as a Zoroark, or a Gothorita if we're talking about solely Unova Pokemon...because of her hair. In terms of other regional Pokemon...I dunno. As for Ash? Anything goes with him, though he'd probably not be creative, and choose Pikachu. I think a Scrafty, Infernape, Squirtle, or Gible would suit him off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Pikachuuu

Today's episode

112eq.jpg

125tz.jpg

234ow.jpg

235b.jpg

And form the preview...

Look Iris's hand

sinttulouz.png

A Halloween costume?

I guess I would like one that they could share... think them going as Zebstrika?... or that one two headed dragon type who's name I can't be bothered to remember... (I know its deino's final form)

floracat

Give me your food.
That was a VERY long post gohan. You sure have alot to say! I like the fanart though, it's so cute! I can imagine Iris as a Zoroak as well, she definitely has the hair. As for Ash, he'd probably be Pikachu.

Not a very good episode today. In the first pic she looks like she's skipping around merrily, and in the last two Ash's smug look made me laugh. Oh Ash...

But next week looks promising! It seems like Iris had a hand on Ash's as well as a hand on his shoulder.

For those of you that suffered because of the long absence of the "Kodomo ne~" (at least when directed at Ash), it reared it's head again today near the beginning of the episode :p

VoltTacklingPika

Physical contact! :eek:

If only her attention was on Ash and not the book. And if only Cilan wasn't also invading Ash's personal space...

Ah well.

For those of you that suffered because of the long absence of the "Kodomo ne~" (at least when directed at Ash), it reared it's head again today near the beginning of the episode

It's probably just as well that this is used sparringly nowadays. It's pretty much lost all impact as a means of mocking and all funniness as a running gag.

-------

Is it me, or has Best Wishes hit something of a glass cieling? I'm not really looking forward to episodes at the moment, and I'm just looking at them and thinking "meh, filler".

That Iris and Deino episode can't come soon enough.

gohan5

Irisboy
A Halloween costume?

I guess I would like one that they could share... think them going as Zebstrika?... or that one two headed dragon type who's name I can't be bothered to remember... (I know its deino's final form)

A Zebstrika? That sounds funny, and I wonder which one of them would be the head? They would definitely fight over that, but Iris would end up being the head anyway XD I think you mean Zweilous, which is Deino's evolution. That would be cool too, especially since we know Iris likes that evolutionary family ^^

That was a VERY long post gohan. You sure have alot to say! I like the fanart though, it's so cute! I can imagine Iris as a Zoroak as well, she definitely has the hair. As for Ash, he'd probably be Pikachu.

Not a very good episode today. In the first pic she looks like she's skipping around merrily, and in the last two Ash's smug look made me laugh. Oh Ash...

But next week looks promising! It seems like Iris had a hand on Ash's as well as a hand on his shoulder.

Yeah sorry about that flora, Neji wanted me to give an in-depth answer so I gave him one XD Iris as Zoroark would be pretty nice ^^

I liked the episode, it wasn't that bad. I thought it was pretty funny in some parts ^^

I saw that, Iris sure likes getting in Ash's personal space doesn't she? XD

Nice fanart Pikachuuu, I really like that artist. They've done a lot of Negai pics and they're getting better at drawing them ^^

For those of you that suffered because of the long absence of the "Kodomo ne~" (at least when directed at Ash), it reared it's head again today near the beginning of the episode :p

I won't say that I was suffering from not hearing it, but it does feel a little more normal now XD Plus the part when Ash was about to have his triple battle was funny. Ash tries to act like a big shot despite never having a triple battle before and Iris's face was priceless ^^

Physical contact! :eek:

If only her attention was on Ash and not the book. And if only Cilan wasn't also invading Ash's personal space...

Ah well.

It's probably just as well that this is used sparringly nowadays. It's pretty much lost all impact as a means of mocking and all funniness as a running gag.

-------

Is it me, or has Best Wishes hit something of a glass cieling? I'm not really looking forward to episodes at the moment, and I'm just looking at them and thinking "meh, filler".

That Iris and Deino episode can't come soon enough.

Both of those problems can be easily fixed with a little editing XD

I dunno, I still find the gag to be pretty funny especially since she seems to say something a little different each time. Oh and Iris's facial expressions certainly help keep it interesting for me ^^

I don't think it's really peaked or anything but just going thru the usual episodes that people don't remember that well. We still have the Deino episode, the Cold Storage, Cilan vs Chili, and the Kami Trio to look forward to before the year is over. We'll get more exciting episodes soon ^^

BlueDragonfangirl

I completely agree, we should have another episode with Ash and Iris off alone doing their own thing again. Maybe if they visit the Dragon Village Iris could take Ash and show him some places around that she likes. Or she could introduce him to the Pokemon friends she had in the village ^^ I don't think a hug is too much for Pokemon, but I dunno the writers are a little sensitive about that stuff :/ It could still happen though.

If Iris introduced Ash to her mom or whoever family member she has in her village would be the best. Think will ever get another Halloween type episode?

gohan5

Irisboy
If Iris introduced Ash to her mom or whoever family member she has in her village would be the best. Think will ever get another Halloween type episode?

You're right, that would be nice if Iris introduced Ash to her family in the Dragon Village. Right now though, the only person in the village connected to Iris is the matriarch of the village. I do wonder what she would think of Ash ^^ A Halloween episode? I hope so, I'd love to see Ash and Iris dressed up. Maybe Iris goes as the princess with Ash as her knight ^^

Victini01

♫Be Fearless♫
I thought this image was perfect of AshxIris.

floracat

Give me your food.

That would make for an interesting episode! For some reason, I can imagine Iris's dad to be really protective, you know like a dad. I wonder what he'd think of Iris traveling alone with two boys. Whatever it is, it can't be good.

SparkBolt

FW Water Leader
OhMyGod!

I'm sorry for not posting in a loooooooooooooong time, but I've been rather busy lately and I'm going to be active, but not like post every minute.

So, I love all the art that's being posted. And the Halloween episode sounds interesting.

BlueDragonfangirl

That would make for an interesting episode! For some reason, I can imagine Iris's dad to be really protective, you know like a dad. I wonder what he'd think of Iris traveling alone with two boys. Whatever it is, it can't be good.

HAHA I'd love it if Iris dad was protive, his reaction to Iris traveling around with two boys? I'd hope maybe Iris tolled her father all about Ash, he'd ask him all kinds of questions, like what do you think of Iris LOL. Course Ash being Ash, he'd be all " Shes an awesome person and one of best friends!" I'd love it if her dad took it the wrong way and would ask him even more questions more angryXD

I love your idea for a Halloween episode Gohan5. I'd love it even more if he'd say that she looks great in her costume with her blushing.

gohan5

Irisboy
I thought this image was perfect of AshxIris.

That is a nice pic Victini, I even had it as my avatar for quite a while XD

That sounds like it would be very funny XD I think Iris's dad would be super funny and overprotective of her kinda like Ichigo's dad from Bleach if anyone watches that anime XD Anyway, he'd have a problem and probably think his little girl was growing up too fast ^^

OhMyGod!

I'm sorry for not posting in a loooooooooooooong time, but I've been rather busy lately and I'm going to be active, but not like post every minute.

So, I love all the art that's being posted. And the Halloween episode sounds interesting.

That's ok SparkBolt, we're just happy to see you again. Just post when you can and don't worry, we'll still post nice things for Negai so you have something to look forward to when you post ^^

HAHA I'd love it if Iris dad was protive, his reaction to Iris traveling around with two boys? I'd hope maybe Iris tolled her father all about Ash, he'd ask him all kinds of questions, like what do you think of Iris LOL. Course Ash being Ash, he'd be all " Shes an awesome person and one of best friends!" I'd love it if her dad took it the wrong way and would ask him even more questions more angryXD

I love your idea for a Halloween episode Gohan5. I'd love it even more if he'd say that she looks great in her costume with her blushing.

Iris's dad would be so overprotective of her XD

Iris's Dad: So Ash, Cilan tells me you like my daughter.
Ash: Of course I do, we're great friends ^^
Iris's Dad: Don't play games with me!
Ash: Games? I don't know this game, but I'll battle you!
Iris's Dad: Fine, and the winner gets my sweet treasure Iris.
Iris: What?! Don't go deciding things on your own! Dad you're so embarassing >.>
Ash: Awesome I didn't know Iris had a treasure ^^
Iris: Ash, you're such a kid -_-
Cilan: Ah, a pure-hearted battle with such a fantastic taste~ ^^

Oh, I have another idea for Halloween costumes for Ash and Iris to wear. If we wanna have them go as Pokemon they could be the kinds that come in pairs like Plusle and Minun or Volbeat and Illumise ^^ I think that would be really cute if they did that and Cilan could say how their choice of costumes give off a unique taste ^^

Last edited:

VoltTacklingPika

I think Iris' father would be quite strict and big on tradition. That's the sort of vibe I get from the Dragon Village (most things I've seen with dragons involve strict codes of conduct, honour, tradtion, etc.).

So I can imagine there may be a "rule" that "one must have come of age before they can court a member of the opposite sex". Coming of age, in this instance, being when a trainer raises an Axew into Haxorus.

Furthermore, I can imagine that this potential partner would have "to be worthy of the clan/family". Thus the father would have to test him/her.

Then you'd have a situation Ash would try to prove his worthiness and fails (for the sake of drama), but then Iris opposes her father to be with him anyway. Or maybe Ash opposes Iris' father and either gives an emotional speech that convinces said father otherwise or just kidnaps Iris. He'd most likely do the former, but I would find the latter rather funny.

Any writers out there? I think this would look good in a story (too lazy to do it himself <_<).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.