• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Negative or Positive thinker?

Are you a Negative or Positive person?

• Positive

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Negative

Votes: 17 58.6%

• Total voters

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Are you generally positive or negative?
Do you find the good things in a situation or the bad ones?
Are you angry or happy, sad or cheerful?
Do you make others feel good or feel bad?

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I'm both, in a sense. I normally expect the bad things in a situation to come, because they normally do. The reason for this is because the way I see it, it's a win/win way of thinking. If something negative happens, you won't feel that mad/sad about it because you expected it. If something good happens, you can be like "oh, cool".

I'm an easy-to-get-angry kind of guy, but I'm pretty laid back and cheerful most of the time.

I tend to make others around me happy with laughter or something, it feels good to spread joy.

But, since I have a negative way of thinking, I'll go and vote negative.

dark rift

Are you generally positive or negative? I have a positive view of my self, but a negative view of most things in the world.
Do you find the good things in a situation or the bad ones? Mostly the bad ones
Are you angry or happy, sad or cheerful? Grumpy or happy.
Do you make others feel good or feel bad? I try to make them feel good, but I'm accidentally blunt sometimes.

Dattebayo

Banned
A negative thinker, because I usually think of negative outcomes of something, even if it never comes true (Ex: A Demon jumping off of the ceiling).

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I'm a very happy and cheerful person, so positive. :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm a negative thinker. Whenever I think positive, bad things happen so I've learned never to expect anything good.

Negative. Someone in my Astronomy class keeps telling me "it could be worse" whenever I walk into class tired... has he ever stopped to think it could also be better?

??????

That guy.
Negative.

Not like I'm a pessimist...they piss me off, but when you learn that you're not entitled to anything in life, you become thankful. When you expect nothing, your happier when you get something, and a lot more thankful too.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
positive, always
its because you think negative bad things happen
because when you think as positive as me, everything that happens is good

and when something good happens, it doesnt get better if you expected it to be bad

so positive is always win

but i do think negative when i see people, when i meet someone i start of thinking: 'Idiot' or 'your ugly' except if he/she makes a good impression on me from the beginning

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I'm a pretty positive, optimistic, cheery person. I'm realistic enough to know when things can go bad, but there's no point in being negative all the time. It's just no fun(how can you enjoy life if you're always expecting the worst?), and nobody wants to be around someone who's constantly negative.

Profesco

gone gently
when you learn that you're not entitled to anything in life, you become thankful. When you expect nothing, your happier when you get something, and a lot more thankful too.

I live this way in real life, with no preset conceptions of entitlement. It's very austere, but it also teaches self-reliance and appreciation. You aren't angered or disappointed when you don't get something you want from other people or circumstances; on the contrary, it's far easier to realize that wanting it does not entitle you to it, and thus you haven't been deprived of anything unfairly. It would be nifty if everyone adopted this style of thought for a day or two.

As to the question, I am personally negative. Thoughts, expectations, behaviors... they all are founded on pessimistic principles. See above.
In regards to evaluating external situations, however, I am neutral. I'll observe and infer both positive possibilities and negatives ones.
Next, when it comes to other people, I try to be positive - as in, I'll often give someone the benefit of the doubt, or I'll encourage the better side of a person regardless of their negative traits.
Finally, I used to make people happy without cease. Outward optimism, constant complimentation, cheerful attitude, so on and so forth, Gave me a bit of a reputation here. Somewhere along the way, though, I stopped caring as much as I used to. Now, more often than not, I am ruefully sardonic and insensitive, though sometimes facetiously so.

Wordiness. Or: prolixity. Ho hum.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Positive with negative tendencies. I'm usually at an okay level, but some instances have me on the border. I always find a way to bounce back, thanks to my drawings.