• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Neon Genesis Evangelion- Netflix Dub Discussion Thread

Do you like Netflix's dub of Eva?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm indifferent

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Fly Me to the Moon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I decided to start this thread since Netflix's new HD re-dub of Evangelion finally came out today.

So far, I've only seen negative criticism for all of the dub changes, but I wanted to see what everyone in general might thinks & see if this new version has any redeeming qualities. Also, if you'r new to the series entirely & the Netflix dub is your first time watching Evangelion at all, feel free to share your opinions.

The only rule on this thread is not to harass each other or say someone's wrong for liking/disliking the Netflix dub

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I haven't yet watched the Netflix dub, but I am someone who very recently watched this show, so I just wanted to give my two cents on that here (hope that's ok). I'm not really a huge fan of this show TBH, I mean that I definitely don't dislike it per say, but I still didn't like it that much either. The overall story as a whole is pretty hard for me to get into and the plot actually takes quite some time to really kick it, plus the show just dwells way too much on the psychological/mental realm and the trauma the characters have to go through etc. etc. rather than what actually happens/takes place, which is not really my cup of tea. I mean like that there are other shows like Death Note which dwells within the psychological aspect and still are able to give out intense moments with a ton of emotional weight, but I didn't quite feel it here TBH. Perhaps the fact that I was mostly sick while watching this show could be a reason why I didn't like it that much, but there definitely are several aspects of this show which I didn't quite like.

I'm not really sure whether I'll rewatch this show ever again, but if I do so, I'll probably watch it in the Netflix dub for a more fresher experience.

Last edited: