• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Neon genesis Evangelion

Discuss your opinions about the series. For me it taught me many things and even helped cleared my depression. I beleive it's a masterpiece and can never be replaced.

Uke

...Eh?...
Cleared your depression? It's one of the most depressing things I've ever seen! (The other is episode 8 of Gurren Lagann.) I'm surprised you could put up with the main character, which is a whining kid that I would smack across the head if he was real. While the main character bothered me, I did like the impressive backstories of the characters.

I admit is depressing and made me depressed for a long period of time since it made me think too much and I think I took some traits from shinji since I watched it when I was about 8 or 9. After that my life went downhill and still is now. I rewatched it and learned it meaning was to tell you to deal with your problems and stuff.

Last edited:

TheSwedishElf

It started off great and had alot of potential, but sorta became too much of a creeptacular mindf*** show near the end. And then the ending, well... Yeah.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I'm surprised you could put up with the main character, which is a whining kid that I would smack across the head if he was real. While the main character bothered me, I did like the impressive backstories of the characters.
oh hey you have a completely dumb and ignorant view of actual, clinical-depression. congratulations!

Anime is both underrated and overrated. In terms of influence for the past two decades, it's probably the most important anime as far as getting atypical and ambitious series on television goes.

Pen-Pen and Fuyutski are awesome.

TheSwedishElf

Y'know, there's no rule stating that we have to like and feel sorry for Shinji just because he's got issues. He's still the whiniest and most spineless main character of any anime ever made, and he's one of the most annoying characters in anything ever made.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Y'know, there's no rule stating that we have to like and feel sorry for Shinji just because he's got issues.
Did I ever say you did?

He's still the whiniest and most spineless main character of any anime ever made,
He saves the world numerous times. The only occasions on which he complains and backs out is when he himself either directly or indirectly nearly/actually kills a human being. He gets no psychological help AT ALL (would you propose sending 14 years into war? Furthermore, that they don't receive any psychological help when off the battlefield? Why do you think soldiers commit suicide?). He does better than most people would in his situation.

and he's one of the most annoying characters in anything ever made.
Subjective, and who the hell cares, anyway? Most highly-acclaimed literature has unlikable characters, yet they're remembered over the pandering nonsense that is put out. I'd rather have a well-written and rounded character than some machoistic hero in the type of story that Anno wanted to tell.

Many people don't get the ending of evangelion and find it as a wate of time but sadly if you don't get it oh well.