• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Gurl, you're on top of the game. A thread banner. Nice. It looks really good! And I'm loving that they all have different poses, it definitely adds to the flow of things and makes things a little bit more dynamic.

Thanks! I spotted the poses thing. I didn't want to make all of them have the same pose or it'd look a little weird.

I really like the lettering too, it's reminding me of bubble gum and cotton candy and happy vibes.

That was sort of an inspiration, actually! I also coloured the letters with my gel pens, if you wanna know. It gave a cleaner result.

I think my only problems with it is that it's a little small, which might just be in order to fit forum rules,

Yeah, I do find it's a little small. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't too big for thebforum and that it didn't fill up too much of the first post.

and that the quality just makes it seem really dark.

I updated the first post with a better picture, if you wanna see!

My favorite chibi is the one with pink hair. I don't know who she is, but I like her.

That one's Mine from Amnesia: Memories. I'm glad you like her!

--------------

Soooooo here's another drawing! It was about time I drew my favourite character from my new favourite dating sim, so here ya go! This is January from A Foretold Affair. I love this guy so, so much. He is just the purest, kindest, cutest character yet he can still be a total badass when he needs to be, and it's amazing. I could rant forever, but I'll just leave that rant alone for now because I'd smash the character limit into a million pieces if I even tried. Here's the drawing! I'm really proud of it.

BWpgl7f.jpg

Last edited:

Mia Blaze

I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan
OOOooo! He looks fit, who's he?

All joking aside, an amazing attention to detail with the jacket and hair, nice vibrant colours and a great drawing overall. Arguably your best work yet!

OOOooo! He looks fit, who's he?

This makes me laugh too much.

All joking aside, an amazing attention to detail with the jacket and hair, nice vibrant colours and a great drawing overall. Arguably your best work yet!

Aww, thanks! I'm quite a fan of it too, I'm really proud of it.

----------------

So if I'm really honest, I'm not sure why I made this. I think it was just a bit of fun because I was bored, tbh. Anyway, you know those clothes swap fan arts people sometimes make? Well, I kinda felt like doing one for A Foretold Affair and ended up with this. Idk if it's really good or whatever, like I said, if was just for fun more than anything.

sZe5XCT.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, that one is pretty cool. The one in the middle looks so swamped!

Well, Kea is the smallest and they're wearing the clothes of the tallest so I just made a logical deduction :3 the scarf is still theirs, though. It'd just be too weird seeing them without it.

Who's on the left? In my opinion, it looks a lot like Captain Panaka from Star Wars. Just saying XD.

Feel free to say! As for who he is, he is a pure boy named January who deserves all the love in the world.

All joking aside, it's pretty good!

Thanks! I'm happy you like it. It is a little different to what I do usually :p

-------------

So a few weeks ago I watched a certain Japanese cult classic for the first time, Spirited Away. Overall I found the movie to have astonishing animation and an amazing plot, but I still kinda prefer When Marnie Was There when it comes to Ghibli, but I'm not here for a movie review so I'll shut up about that. I wanted to make a fan art of the main guy character Haku because he's awesome, but only got around to doing it today. I ended up with this, feel free to judge it however you want.

QU7fKTv.jpg

Last edited:
Ooooook so to celebrate getting a new sketchpad I decided I'd try something new with my next piece of art! After thinking about how Makoto (I ain't calling her Verity) seems to be hated by a lot of people purely because she "replaced" Misty (which is a kinda weird reason to hate her tbh), I thought I could try something like this. Feel free to tell me what you think! I'm personally very proud of it.

pZ8PPoj.jpg

Last edited:
Eyooo so I did something today! I didn't really feel like doing a fan art, but I wasn't in the mood for drawing an OC either, so what did I do? I made an artist profile thing! I tried a little bit of shading with this one, similar to my last one (I wanna try more shading from now on), so feel free to tell me what you think of it!

feel free to ask what walk-trees is

fkcJFXm.jpg

Last edited:

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
Okely Dokely, let's see here... First of all, that Verity drawing's pretty good. I can see the shading, which is really subtle, but that works wonders and adds a fantastic effect. My only critique is that the outstretched arm seems a bit wonky in regards to the torso, but it's quite a tough angle to pull off, and you still did it amazingly well!

As for your artist profile, that's really good as well, quite possibly one of your best so far. As for trying to draw, you are a really good artist, and while I don't draw chibi, I do envy how good you are at it. (I need some better pencils...) Anywhoo, keep up the good work, as always :D

Okely Dokely, let's see here... First of all, that Verity drawing's pretty good.

Thanks! But Verity just sounds wronggg

I can see the shading, which is really subtle, but that works wonders and adds a fantastic effect. My only critique is that the outstretched arm seems a bit wonky in regards to the torso, but it's quite a tough angle to pull off, and you still did it amazingly well!

Thank you so much! I'm really proud of myself for doing shading. I was a little uncertain on the arm since I don't usually do that sort of angle, but I think it's good for a first attempt.

As for your artist profile, that's really good as well, quite possibly one of your best so far.

Aww thanks :3

As for trying to draw, you are a really good artist, and while I don't draw chibi, I do envy how good you are at it.

Aaahhhh thank you this is like one of the best things anyone tell me ahahfhhdgsgahssg

(I need some better pencils...)

Now here's a tip! You don't need super-expensive pencils to be an artist - all you need is a variety of colours with pencil leads that are the right softness or hardness for you! Until today I've been using a set of 36 WHSmith Colouring Pencils, which was really cheap for me to buy. As long as you're in the UK you will almost definitely have access to them through shops out and about, and if you're abroad then you might be able to access the online shop (not too sure about that, though). The set has enough variety in colour to draw a ton of people and characters!

Anywhoo, keep up the good work, as always :D

Thank you! :D

-------------

So I reached 50 followers on Instagram (aahshdhfhghfhgh) a while back and so to celebrate I asked my followers what Pokemon character I should draw. After various polls and periods where I fell back under 50 followers, I finally got a verdict of Misty perfectly in time with her return to the anime. Today a new set of 60 Faber-Castell Colouring pencils arrived in the post so I decided today was the day to draw her, and here's the result! Holy mother of god I'm proud of this one. I'm also definitely using my Faber-Castell pencils from now on too - they're amazing!

Tip- continuing from earlier, I got my Faber-Castell pencils for like £16, so as I was saying before, some great stuff for not much! :D

0bw9pr3.jpg

Last edited:
So I've been playing this cool dating sim from the same developer who made A Foretold Affair called XOXO Droplets. It's been pretty fun to play, but I have a small problem in that while I do love a certain love interest and am currently pursuing him, I'm more in love with a side character named Lynn. And I drew him. Yep.

6x23iim.jpg

Last edited:
So a couple of evenings ago I wasn't in the happiest mood, so I decided to start a drawing to cheer me up. It became too late to continue drawing so I had to finish off over the next couple of days. I'm not quite sure on the quality since I did make it at night when I was feeling pretty down, but I think it's kinda cool! It's a comic based on one of my favourite games named Town of Salem. The comic makes a lot of sense if you've both played the game and bought the Coven expansion on Steam.

I apologise for my handwriting.

vkiIdTs.jpg

Last edited:
Woop woop I have another drawing! This one's just a random oc character that I drew because I felt like it. She doesn't have a name but whatever.

QAY2aeL.jpg

Last edited:

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
Man, I've missed a bit here... Ooh boy...
Firstly, I love those headshots. They're really detailed! I do think that Misty's head is a bit pointed at the chin, but that Lynn looks amazing!

I don't get the comic, but the character looks really cool and well drawn, but that last drawing you did is amazing! The hair is really detailed, and the eyes just look so cute on that face! Maybe you should try out doing something with both arms next time though. Now you have the biggest challenge. Making a name for the character!

Man, I've missed a bit here... Ooh boy...
Firstly, I love those headshots. They're really detailed! I do think that Misty's head is a bit pointed at the chin, but that Lynn looks amazing!

Thanks! I do get what you mean with Misty's chin, and I tried to stop doing that in future drawings XD

I don't get the comic, but the character looks really cool and well drawn,

It's a comic that really only makes sense if you know a lot about Town of Salem and have bought the Coven expansion (by the way you really should get ToS and the Coven expansion on Steam, it's super fun and psychological n stuff), but I'm still happy that you think it looks good!

but that last drawing you did is amazing! The hair is really detailed, and the eyes just look so cute on that face! Maybe you should try out doing something with both arms next time though. Now you have the biggest challenge. Making a name for the character!

Oh no, the naming! Save me! The shock, the horror!

Seriously though, thank you! I'm really happy with the result I got with the hair, and I do agree that I should probably do more with that one arm that's just kinda there (ooh wow an unintentional rhyme jee golly).

--------

I have two things for today! I drew them yesterday, but since one was for someone else and the other was finished when I didn't have any good lighting options, I decided I'd post them now.

The first is a chibi that harks back to my good old style from way back that I made to celebrate my good friend Mia Blaze's birthday! I drew it of Alola Ash since Ash is one of her favourite characters.

MDglRCf.jpg

And here's the second one! So I'm a huge Vocaloid nerd - love the songs, love the characters, the lot. I've been wanting to draw one of my favourite characters for a while now, and yesterday I finally got around to doing it. Out of all my favourites I chose to draw a really underrated Vocaloid named YOHIOloid (he has such an amazing voice *cries*), and I can say that I'm really proud of the result. I tried a few things I don't normally try and I'm so happy with the result!

ggeDPON.jpg

Last edited:

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
Hi ho, me again! Welp, let's see what we got here. Now, you have too much bloody time on your hands. You put the rest of us artists to shame :D

Anyways, that Ash is pretty good, and it's nice to see that you're now switching between styles. I think that's a good way of honing your skills, as you're managing to retail measurements and details and the like. Overall it's really good.

Now, for that vocaloid guy. May I say, those eyes are hella transfixing. Like...blimey. It looks really good, and I love the head in general (where did you get the skin colour tell me pleeeaaaaseeee!). The hair is really good, and you obviously have a knack for it, and somehow, I'm getting a Steampunk vibe from this guy, but I have no idea how. Maybe I'm just in a 'punky mood.

Great job Nerdy, keep it up!

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Eyooo so I did something today! I didn't really feel like doing a fan art, but I wasn't in the mood for drawing an OC either, so what did I do? I made an artist profile thing! I tried a little bit of shading with this one, similar to my last one (I wanna try more shading from now on), so feel free to tell me what you think of it!

feel free to ask what walk-trees is

[imgsize=350]http://i.imgur.com/fkcJFXm.jpg[/imgsize]

Wait, you're 13? Wow, I'm over a decade older and your pencil crayone skills impress me! Especially the way you shade, whoa!

And this is you, is it? I'm getting a bit of a Juno vibe from your self-portrait, likely due to the orange/white stripe combo. Great work with these!

Sketchie

literally some guy
Aww, Ash is so cute! I love his fluffy hair. Once again, some fantastic colors! I love the palate, all the colors look so good together. I think some shading might really make this piece pop, right now our friend does look a little flat. Some other things that might help is making those stripes curve and flow just a little bit.

I'm happy to come back and see you trying some new styles! Branching out, yaaas. I love the details on his necklace, and you've put a lot of detail into the hair as well. I may have a little more critique on this one, if I'm being too harsh don't be afraid to smack me with a newspaper. Detail is good and lovely, don't get me wrong, but with hair sometimes less is more. Unless you are specifically going for a messy feel, try using more unified shapes. It makes hair look a lot flowier. I'm going to advise you to take a look at head shapes, both real and cartoon. Heads are hard, but a pretty vital part in learning how to draw people, especially in a more detailed style. I don't know how to use words here, so I'm going to use things like look up where things are placed on the face. Keep working, my friend. Get better! Do good! Study! Yeeeaaaaaaaaah!!!

Hi ho, me again! Welp, let's see what we got here. Now, you have too much bloody time on your hands. You put the rest of us artists to shame :D

If I'm really honest I don't XD I just have a set period on Thursdays for doing my own art projects, so thing usually get done either then or at the weekends (with a couple of exceptions of course).

Anyways, that Ash is pretty good, and it's nice to see that you're now switching between styles. I think that's a good way of honing your skills, as you're managing to retail measurements and details and the like. Overall it's really good.

Thanks! I did actually realise that when I started doing those kinds of chibis I'd spend quite a while on them, but when I did that one I ended up only taking 45 minutes, which I think is pretty good.

Now, for that vocaloid guy. May I say, those eyes are hella transfixing. Like...blimey. It looks really good, and I love the head in general (where did you get the skin colour tell me pleeeaaaaseeee!). The hair is really good, and you obviously have a knack for it, and somehow, I'm getting a Steampunk vibe from this guy, but I have no idea how. Maybe I'm just in a 'punky mood.

Great job Nerdy, keep it up!

Thanks! It's the drawing I'm proudest of as of yet.

Wait, you're 13? Wow, I'm over a decade older and your pencil crayone skills impress me! Especially the way you shade, whoa!

Aww, thanks! It makes me really happy to know that you like my drawing :3

And this is you, is it? I'm getting a bit of a Juno vibe from your self-portrait, likely due to the orange/white stripe combo. Great work with these!

Ok, I have no idea who Juno is, but I'm still happy you like it!

Aww, Ash is so cute! I love his fluffy hair. Once again, some fantastic colors! I love the palate, all the colors look so good together. I think some shading might really make this piece pop, right now our friend does look a little flat. Some other things that might help is making those stripes curve and flow just a little bit.

I can understand that, I could've done a little more shading. I just wanted to make a quick thing for a friend, sooo yep. I'm glad you think it's cute though!

I'm happy to come back and see you trying some new styles! Branching out, yaaas. I love the details on his necklace, and you've put a lot of detail into the hair as well. I may have a little more critique on this one, if I'm being too harsh don't be afraid to smack me with a newspaper. Detail is good and lovely, don't get me wrong, but with hair sometimes less is more. Unless you are specifically going for a messy feel, try using more unified shapes. It makes hair look a lot flowier. I'm going to advise you to take a look at head shapes, both real and cartoon. Heads are hard, but a pretty vital part in learning how to draw people, especially in a more detailed style. I don't know how to use words here, so I'm going to use things like look up where things are placed on the face. Keep working, my friend. Get better! Do good! Study! Yeeeaaaaaaaaah!!!

I was actually trying go a little messier with the hair, since I was basing it off a kinda messy concept art XD but yeah, I get what you mean with the head. I had literally only just started drawing him when I did the head angles and kinda went a little weird with it, but I kinda rolled along with it.

Yep, I am gonna study! Woop woop!

----------

So ya girl over here wasn't feeling all that great today - sleep cycle's gone askew, stressful week is coming up, all that wonderful stuff. So I took a miss on my home ed and decided I'd draw. After spending half an hour staring at a blank piece of paper completely lost for inspiration, I just ended up going with the flow and making a random grayscale drawing. Disclaimer: this is probably the edgiest thing I've drawn so far, but it's October aka the spoopy Halloween month and I was in a low mood so I think I'm justified. Also because, y'know, low mood, this isn't the best of quality.

9SCOXk4.jpg

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
So ya girl over here wasn't feeling all that great today - sleep cycle's gone askew, stressful week is coming up, all that wonderful stuff.

Me too, friend. Hang in there. *hugs*

Despite you saying it's low quality, it is very good. Grayscale is hard, and this looks lovely. I love the shading in the wings especially, but also her head and hair and neck. I think the only critique I can really give you is your lines look somewhere between sketchy and clean, but again, you're saying you're at a low point so I mean..... that doesn't really matter considering circumstances. Lots of love and support, friend <3

Me too, friend. Hang in there. *hugs*

*hugs back intensely while listening to angsty Vocaloid songs*

Despite you saying it's low quality, it is very good. Grayscale is hard, and this looks lovely. I love the shading in the wings especially, but also her head and hair and neck. I think the only critique I can really give you is your lines look somewhere between sketchy and clean, but again, you're saying you're at a low point so I mean..... that doesn't really matter considering circumstances. Lots of love and support, friend <3

Thanks! I didn't know how good the greyscale was since it's not really my speciality, but I'm glad you like it! Thanks for the support <3

---------

Well today's fan art was gonna be another Vocaloid-based one but then the new USUM trailer dropped and I'm now a fan of the little ginger maybe-human-maybe-alien child Zossie who I wanna see so bad that I switched my pre-order from UM to US so I drew her instead. I don't think it's amazing quality but you can decide.

The rubber lines are strong with this one.

2LyYzDS.jpg

Last edited: