1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Nerdy McNerdface, Apr 19, 2017.

1. octoboy

octoboy I Crush Everything

Ooh, I'm liking this one. Got a neat human zubat vibe going on. Plus, that's some great texture for the hair. Great going.

2. Thanks! I'm happy you like the texture of the hair. When I do pencil drawings with hair, I usually end up making them dark-haired so I can do fun effects like this.

--------

So I'm holding off on the Vocaloid thing since it looks like it may be a kinda big project, and today I chose that I'd draw the lovable silent female protagonist of Pokemon SM and USUM, Moon! While I prefer to call her Selene, that doesn't really matter because she looks gorgeous in her USUM outfit, so I did a little headshot drawing of her. I'm pretty proud of this one, but the camera quality isn't that good.

I just realised that both Selene and Zossie have plaits and I just can't wait to see the two interact in US since they look like they could go together like salt and edamame beans.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  3. Well today I wanted to draw a Pokemon character, so I went for an extremely underrated postgame-exclusive guy, Curtis! He's a pure bean who needs so much more love. I don't think I really did well on this drawing - especially compared to my last one - but whatever, opinions are opinions.

[​IMG]

Edit: I did another drawing! A friend of mine on Instagram is going through a bit of a rough time right now, so I decided that to cheer them up I'd draw them one of their favourite characters, who I actually happen to have already drawn - Lucifer from The Devil is a Part-Timer! I think this turned out pretty good.

[​IMG]

4. Sooo today was just a quick Halloween drawing since I was in the mood. I hope it's alright!

[​IMG]

5. This was technically yesterday, but I was re-reading the first Harry Potter book and realised that I didn't have a bookmark to mark my pages with. So I decided that I'd make myself a little bookmark. After getting extremely lucky finding a piece of sturdy cardboard that would work well as a bookmark, I drew a little design in one of my sketchbook pages and cut it out, before sticking it onto the cardboard with sellotape then fortifying it and protecting it from dirt with more sellotape. I think it turned out pretty nice, so here are two images of it - both on its own and with the book (since I had a serious urge to make one of those aesthetic pictures).

Image 1:
    [​IMG]

Image 2:
    [​IMG]

6. Mia Blaze

Mia Blaze I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan

IS THAT THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE?! (Screw the whole Sorcerer's stone thing America has)

Anyway, as promised, awesome work as always and thanks for the Ash chibi for my birthday, HE'S SO ADORABLE!!! You are really improving a lot!

7. TikTok13

TikTok13 Oh, I have a title?

Man oh man, I've missed a wee bit, haven't I? Welp, better late than never, eh?

Bat-Girl - Really good drawing; fantastic to see a much darker drawing thrown into the mix. It shows that your skill is growing, I guess, and that you're open to new things, so well done!

Zossie - Another really good drawing with a fantastic blend of colours. While the rubber lines are (barely) visible, it's still really good, and you have a remarkable talent for shading and hair! Keep it up!

Selene - I feel like I'm repeating myself, but this is excellent too; I love the hat and again, you're just too good with shading!

Curtis - Curtis really is an underrated character; I remember encountering him during my female playthrough to get a Prankster Sableye. In my opinion, this is actually a really good drawing, and I love how you've shaded the shirt so it just fades off. Brilliant!

Lucifer - Love the colour, love the hair. 'Nuff said. *Thumbs up*

Halloween - I WANT THAT HAT! This is actually a really cute drawing, just that little smile makes me smile!

Book-Mark - Somewhat fitting that we start a Hogwarts RP and you're reading Philosopher's Stone. That's a nice little drawing and a really good bookmark! Maybe I should post one I made last year...?

8. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

For someone so young, I'm surprised by your amount of skill and grasp on the color pencil medium (not to mention your eloquence)! I'm just a bit over double your age (27) as well as a graduate of an art high school and never quite got a good feel for colored pencils. I love your Selene and Zossie.

You've got me inspired to post my own things now...

9. So, sorry I've been gone a while y'all! My motivation went out the window. Anyway, before today's art, onto replies!

Yes, yes it is! And the 20th Anniversary Ravenclaw Edition as well.

Thank you!! I like to think I've been improving as well - mainly on the shading front - so I'm happy it shows!

Thanks! My style is certainly very light and happy, so I'm glad too that there's a bit of dark goth-y stuff there as well. Just goes to show that angst creates art, I guess?

Thanks! Ironically, the hair is the thing that kinda irked me with this drawing since I messed up the plait halfway down, but I'm glad you still like it! It was a really tricky draw because her helmet is so difficult to put onto paper XD

And I feel like I'm repeating myself by also saying, thanks! I'm extremely proud of the hat here, since I wasn't sure if I could get the angle right. I'm glad you're a fan!

I've warmed up to this drawing since I first made it, actually, and I'm happy you enjoyed the way I coloured the shirt. I remember one of my art teachers used to tell me "true artists never use the black pencil because they substitute it for other colours", and here was one such situation where I proved em wrong!

I'm happy you like this one as much as I do! I had been wanting to redraw him for a while now since he was one of my first chibis, and while I still like that old one I wanted to use my new purple pencils. I'm still really proud of the hair :D

I want the hat too, the only problem with drawing is when you accidentally create an item of colothing you want in real life XD but seriously, I'm happy you like it!

The RP was actually partial inspiration for re-reading it! I'm happy you like the bookmark, I've wanted to make one for a while now but never got the excuse nor the materials to make a good one. And I say post that old bookmark! It's gonna look great.

Omg thank you!!! I'm so happy that you like my work. I've been growing my style over the last five or so months, alongside getting inspired by my sister and various art accounts on Instagram, and I'm really proud of myself. When I first started drawing I actually thought I'd prefer digital mediums since at the time I thought there would be so much more for me in terms of colours, utensils etc that I just couldn't get in real life. However, one day I just got a burst of inspiration, drew something in my good old sketchpad and realised that I actually had a thing going!

I'm so happy I inspired someone! I'll go check out your stuff after this post.

--------

So after a bit of a drawing hiatus where I couldn't get motivated to do much drawing at all, I decided I'd draw one of my favourite fictional characters of all time - Solas from Dragon Age: Inquistion. Dragon Age itself is a game which I adore - a huge world map, enough player-based choices to make the entire edventure feel unique, gorgeous visuals and music, and dare I say some of the best characters I've ever seen. One which caught the eye of me and my sister is one of the eight romanceable characters, Solas - an elven ice mage who spends his time exploring the "spirit realm" of the game named The Fade. Me and my sister haven't finished the game yet but Solas is a brilliant character, and I couldn't help but draw him.

Thing is though, while Solas does have a pretty cute design, it isn't that challenging or exciting to draw (ala one of my favourite things to draw is hair and hats but he's bald and doesn't normally wear one), so I gave him one of the many equippable headgear items in the game - a Fire Resistance Cowl - because I thought it looked really cute on him. So yeah, after that rant, here we go!

Edit over half a year later: oh boy oh boy I didn’t even know.

[​IMG]

10. Eyyy I drew something new! So today I drew a character from the tablet spinoff of Professor Layton, Layton Brothers: Mystery Room - namely, the main female lead and the POV character, Lucy Baker. She's a very likeable main character who feels real and reacts as a woman like her would during the situations around her. So yeah, here's the pic!

[​IMG]

11. diamondpearl876

diamondpearl876 → follow your fire.

I just happened to accidentally click the art gallery instead of the fan fiction forum, tbh, because I can't do any art except writing. But! I'm glad I did. Your art is great! I'm a fan of the Dragon Age series (not quite to Inquisition yet, but I just started Awakening) and the Professor Layton series (which I also need to catch up on). Your drawings make me super excited to get to know these characters. :D

12. Kotaru

Kotaru Active Member

i see many talented people here, unfortunately my drawings are sucks

13. Sketchie

Sketchie >:3c

I've seen your insta stories on Prof Layton, glad to see you're enjoying it! I lost my old Curious Village game (;-; ;-; ;-;), but there's still a place in my heart for the professor. I love the gradient in her eyes! I've never been able to achieve it that well with colored pencils, I'm so proud of you! The bust shot is leaving me wanting more. More. Mooooore! (thunder crashes or something like that)

14. Thank you so much!! I will say that Inquisition is a really brilliant game (me and my sister have almost finished it and we've been playing it for months so it's a long one but a good one), and the Layton spinoff isn't in the same format as the rest of the series but still has the same wit and good gameplay as the rest of the series! Thanks again, it makes me really happy when someone says they like my art :D

How about you try posting a few here? For all I know you draw amazing pictures but you just aren't a fan of them yourself (trust me I do that way too much).

I do absolutely love Layton to bits Sammy best waifu

Seriously, thanks! The way I do eyes is something I'm proud of, I just wanna one day teach myself how to get it at different angles so I can do more dynamic pieces. And I get what you mean with wanting more there, I wanted to draw a little more but I had friends around at the time and more wanted to show them how I do my art rather than make a masterpiece. *thunder crashes in the distance for no reason except you referenced it so I should probably make an obligatory reference to it as well*

--------

So I have two things here! The first is something I was tagged to do on Instagram, which is a No Eraser Challenge. Basically, I had to just get a pencil and draw something without erasing anything. I might've gone a little bit easy on myself but then again I literally drew it while in public so I didn't have too much time to make a No Eraser masterpiece. It mentions something about tagging people, so while I'm gonna tag people on Instagram once it's up there (yes Sketchie that will include you), I guess over here I think it would be cool if my buddies Mia Blaze and TikTok13 had a try!

[​IMG]

As for the second piece... now how the heck do I explain this. So, there's this famous parody dating sim named Hatoful Boyfriend which is known for being a dating sim for birds that actually has a much deeper story and meaning. And one of the characters in it writes this manga based on a fantasy that he permanently hallucinates around him. And the creator of the game made a 37-page manga spinoff which showed all of the main characters as humans in JRPG gear. And so I drew one of them - aka a bird that I affectionately refer to as "Byakuya Togami Bird", Sakuya Le Bel Shirogane. If you haven't already died of confusion, then I applaud you.

But yeah, I tried a few new things with this one and I have no idea how good it is. Please excuse the rubber lines, for some reason they show up much more in this one.

[​IMG]

15. TikTok13

TikTok13 Oh, I have a title?

Heya!
    Okay, that Solas one is pretty good, though I've never played Dragon Age, and I love the bandage like design.

The Professor Layton one is another game I haven't played, but it looks cool, and that drawings really nice.

As for the no eraser challenge... WHY? Of course, I'd call it a rubber. But that'll be tough, I guess. We'll see. I'll have no-one to tag, but it'll be pretty fun this no rubber challenge.

Finally Sakuya? Is amazing! I love the super vibrant blue along the hood and coat.

That's all I can say cause I'm super tired and bleh, but good job!

16. Sketchie

Sketchie >:3c

I need that gif from Jurassic Park where the girl is in front of the T-Rex or whatever and she has jello and also it's shaking. That gif. That describes my feeling for the no eraser challenge that I'll do when my art block is gone.

i cannot BELIEVE i am seeing fanart of hatoful boyfriend on serebii forums dot com. I love it. That's my boyfriend, right there. I've never even played the game and that's him. Anyway yay for mid-body! While I love your bust shots, you do a lot of them, so I'm always happy to see more from you. His outfit is super neat, and I love all that detailing on his shirt. The proportions between his head and his shoulders are really good, his shoulders are nice and broad and boyfriend-like. But, his arms are a little stick-y, they're too thin for his body. They're also attaching a little weird, and I wish I could properly english what I mean, but I feel like the best way to show you is to make a quick 30 second youtube video explaining it as I doodle on MSPaint.

17. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

I *LOVE* this. You rendered Absolute Zero Sakuya's outfit really well, considering that the general consensus seems to be that Moa's designs are really complex.

(I still need to read AZ...)

18. Thanks! I quite like it too.

play it nowww I'm glad you like it! I'm proud of I due to doing it while a friend was around.

I call it a rubber too, but the challenge used Eraser so yeah. Good luck!

It's fine when you're tired and bleh, that's my permanent mood. But anyway, thanks! I'm happy you like the Sakuya one, I spent quite a while on it. The blue is just as vibrant - if not more - in the image I used to get the colours right, so I just tried to replicate that.

:)

What a world we live in. It's good that you've taken him as your boyfriend since not only is he a great choice but it means you haven't gone for my favourite so I can take him as my own.

Thanks! I do get what you mean with the arms, I personally found them the weak point as well. I'm happy you like the other parts though! The detailing was hell to make but worth it, and I like to think I'm getting better at proportions. Also I do actually want to see that kind of 30-second MSPaint video for some reason.

Firstly, I'm rejoicing at the fact that I've found a fellow Hatoful Boyfriend fan.

Secondly, I'm really super happy you love it! I did notice that as I went along I was slowly going more and more insane, but I think I did the best I could in the end!

*quietly chants* do it, do it, do it...

Seriously, it's a fun read. Not a long one, but a fun one.

-----------

The Hatoful Boyfriend train ain't stoppin people! Today I drew Anghel Higure, said guy further up who hallucinates a fantasy world around him - and also he happens to be my favourite character. I was considering doing his Absolute Zero design, but since I'm not a huge fan of drawing armour n stuff I just settled on his school outfit. I am super proud of this one!

[​IMG]

19. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

The Crimson Angel of Judecca! <3 I'm a fan of his school outfit, so I'm glad you chose to draw it over his AZ costume. (Anghel's one of my favorites, but my number one is Oko-san.)

20. Thanks! Part of me does prefer his school outfit a little more too, and it’s also quite the challenge with all the components in the design.

All bow down to the pudding god!

- - - - - - - - (<- I have to change this thing thanks to the iOS update being weird -_-)

So I haven’t posted here in a while because, uhh, all the other drawing projects I’ve done were... secret, to say the least. However, I’m back with a drawing for everyone’s eyes here, and it’s of Mine from Amnesia: Memories! I’m asking for a PSvita for Christmas this year, and one of the games I want to buy for it is the original Amnesia in the hope that it’ll motivate me to finish off the whole game. Since my mind has been buzzing a little for it since, I decided I’d draw a character who I actually drew for my gallery banner oh-so-long-ago - Mine. I think I did pretty well on this one!

[​IMG]

Edit: I did something else today too! I was in a bit of a Star Wars mood since I saw The Last Jedi recently so I did this mostly-greyscale thing of Kylo Ren using only my fineliner and my HB sketching pencil (plus red colouring pencil for the lightsabre). I think it worked out alright!

[​IMG]