• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nerves Of Steelix! (226)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Nerves Of Steelix!

Ash & Co. are finally back in Olivine City and Ash is eager to fight Jasmine in the Olivine Gym. However things turn to the worst when she uses her strong steel Pokémon including Steelix. Can Ash Win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

I'm so annoyed I never saw this episode! And I love Steelix and it looks like such a cool episode! I hope that Sky One/Mix show it again someday (they don't seem to show ANY of Master Quest appart from "Address Unown" onwards)

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
It was a good match, the fight between Pikachu and Magnemite was a little dissapointing but that was more than made up for when the showdown between Cyndaquil and Steelix took place, I was on the edge of seat (well actually I was lying in my bed) but you know what I mean lol. Ash was clever to make Cyndaquil use flamethrower to manoeuver itslef around the place and also using the various holes Steelix dug to get in behind it. I thought Steelix's sandstorm couldn't hold on for long, Cyndaquil was right to keep at it.

Brock's impersonation of the Pokédex in defining Jasmine was quite funny, and then the ear pull lol.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

i just saw this ep on my masterquest dvd!

i loved it so much! cyndaquil v steelix was awesome!

F

Factory Head Noland

I have completed one of my life goals today...I saw this episode!!!!! I had to get up at 6:55am but I'm not bothered. I'm doing the same tomorrow to watch "Bulbasaur...The Ambassador!", I haven't seen many MQ episodes because Sky One is crap.

This episode rocked! (or should I say...Steeled!) I loved Cyndaquil VS Steelix when Steelix was using Dig then Cyndaquil was jumping in the holes when Steelix was using Sandstorm.
Sandstorm in this battle was different to when Harrison's Steelix used it, this was like a sand tornado...
Such great battle strategy, I still can't believe Cyndaquil beat a Steelix!

We got to see a Crunch attack actually work when Steelix used Crunch against the Wobbuffet statue. Jasmine's Steelix was really strong and was always attacking, Cyndaquil was going at it with the Flamethrower attacks.

Pikachu VS Magnemite was great aswell (but not as good, lol) but I think Ash should've used Bayleef instead. Bayleef could've picked up Magnemite quickly with its Vine Whip and thrown it against the floor and then used Body Slam to squish it...

Overall 9.7/10
Excellent episode, good-ish music, great battles.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Finally saw this episode.

"Steelix, use Iron Tail!"

*stick footage*

Heh. Man that got old. A decent enough fight, but it shows how weird things were then. Thunder Wave hurting? First use of Sandstorm to defend? That big of a Pokemon using Dig in that small of an arena? Oh well.

This is what make Cyndaquil so effin' awesome.

MaskedManAbsolkid

I saw this episode again, and is was great. Not because of jasmine :p Because of the battle between Cyndaquil and Steelix. Great strategy, I'd love to see this episode again. 9/10.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode had two definite highlights about it. For one, I loved the Wobbuffet statue. :D It's funny how Ash manages to fall for an obvious Team Rocket ploy in this episode. LOL The Samsonite luggage parody with the Snorlax and the pencil case was pretty funny too.

The other thing I really like about this episode is Cyndaquil's battle with Steelix. It was really a David and Goliath kind of battle, considering the humongous size difference. I liked when Cyndaquil heated up the swirling dust cloud steelix was in and managed to smoke it, knocking it out. :)

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Cyndaquil is easily the best Johto starter (even better than Bayleef) in battle. And his dopey personality really suits it. It was way better than Torkoal, probaby because the writers prefer starters over everything else ever. But I would've liked to see Cyndaquil battle Magnemite and Totodile battle Steelix. It would just be good redemption for the little guy, as he deserved more glory in Johto.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Great gym battle between Jasmine & Ash. But I was easily annoyed by Team Rocket being cocky in a sadistic way when Ash & Co tried to stop them.

Battra

I just got to point out how stupid both Ash & TR are in this episode, first Ash should know by now that any strange statue or mech that appears mysteriously in front of him is usually a TR trap, second why on earth TR only tied up Pikachu in this episode is beyond me Pikachu could have easily shocked TR inside their cockpit and saved himself, and we could've saved Steelix as a surprise.

Excellent gym battle episode nice seeing Steelix make it's debut, but as I said above they should've saved it as a surprise, making Ash think Jasmine was going to use Ampharos, anyway loved that TR was dealt with at the beginning of the episode so they didn't interfere in the battle also loved Brock's "Girldex" reading of Jasmine. Grats to Ash for winning his sixth badge.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I remember, when I played against this Gym in my Silver version, that Steelix scared the hell out of me. Same rings true in this episode. Cyndaquil underground as an earthquake starts... I was literally hiding behind a pillow, hoping he'd make it out and win the battle.

Great battle ^_^ One of Ash's best, I'd say.

pokemon fan 132

This episode truly deserves the title which it has,because the gym battle was definitely testing nerves.Whole battle was great and it seemed like it would never end especially between Steelix and Cyndaquil.Their battle was really full of unpredictable moves and twists bringing certain dose of intense which feeled present during the match.I like how Ash came up with idea of Cyndaquil using flame thrower to heat the tornado which Steelix used turning this into his advantage and winning the battle fair and square.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it was a good episode though i'm disapointed that cyndaquil didn't evolved here, i was expecting it to happen.

I love Cyndaquil and jasmine! Steelix looks scery in this season and the battle was good.
Wow! I can beleve I like Steel Type. lol