• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nerves Of Steelix! (226)

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought this was a great gym battle between Ash and Jasmine. I thought Ash made super extremely smart strategical moves in order to defeat her. The battle between Magnimite and Pikachu wasn't anything special, but good nonetheless. The Steelix/Cyndaquil showdown was amazing though. I thought Ash was smart in using Cyndaquil's flamethrower at the wall to dosge, and then again when he had Cyndaquil heat up Steelix's sandstorm tornado. I was surprised that Ash didn't know that Team Rocket was behind the giant Wobbufet though.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great gym battle.

Cyndaquil was amazing. it defeated Jasmine's Steelix, it was awesome.

And loved to see all Ash's pokemon in the begining.

8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Interesting to see Ash and his Pokemon jogging and training the morning before the big Olivine City Gym battle. And then Team Rocket comes and attacks them and Jasmine and Steelix have to save Ash and his Pokemon. Isn't it usually the other way around? Anyway, the Gym battle was great. Magnemite was a total pushover, but Steelix was a lot to have to handle. Cyndaquil barely made it out of that battle alive! I'm glad this battle ended quickly and that the battle itself didn't drag as much as the others. 7/10.

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I loved the way Jasmine made her entrance, first Steelix comes out from the side of the cliff before Jasmine jumps onto Steelix (Ouch, jumping onto steel that much should hurt).
I liked the double Onix attack, I like any double of the same species attacks like that, or counterparts working with or fighting against each other.

The gym battle was pretty good as well

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
I must have first seen this episode when aired here when I was nine or so. I just have a very specific memory (rose tinted, of course) of Steelix doing sandstorm and Cyndaquil turning the said sandstorm into a spinning inferno.

saar

Shiny Flygon
I always love gym battles but this one was pretty awful. The battle with Magnemite was very short, only Cyndaquil VS. Steelix was very nice to watch. Cyndaquil did all the job by itself, as happened in most of the Johto gym battles.

I wasn't suprised from Ash's strategy, he always finds ways to win battles like this.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Pikachu can't always have the good battles all the time, so most of the Johto Pokemon did somehow turned out to be more useful than we originally thought. If only Ash had trained them better before the conference, Cyndaquil would have evolved earlier, Totodile would have atleast learned a better move, and Ash's Kanto Pokemon wouldn't have took all the spotlight from the Johto ones.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
This episode was very cool! The way Steelix used Crunch on that huge Wobuffet was very cool. The Pikachu vs Magnemite battle was cool, Ash's strategy to win was very cool to see. It did make me wonder why Pikachu still never learned Thunder Wave, and why Thunder Wave is never shown correctly in the Anime. Cyndaquil vs Steelix was the best battle! The way Cyndaquil hung in there and was finally able to win by using Flamethrower to set the Sandstorm on fire was very cool.

80/100

TheEpicGoomba

Very nice episode. Ash had a very good startegy. It was cool to see Steelix again. I personaly think Cyndaquil should have evolved in this episode,he deserves it.

9/10

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Cyndaquil vs. Steelix is really one of the best executed battles in the entire saga, in my opinion. not much variety in moves, but it manages to keep your interest beginning to end.

Would've liked to see Jasmine with one more Pokemon. Two seems so meager at this point.

The battle was really tense, cool and nice! Seeing Cyndaquil appear and battle was cool, and it was nice to see Cyndaquil being decisive and not Pikachu. I have this episode on DVD and posting in this thread makes me feel like rewatching this episode. 10/10.

7threst

I think this gym battle and episode was really well-done. Especially the battle between Steelix and Cyndaquil was absolutely entertaining to watch. I do find it peculiar that Cyndaquil didn't evolve in a episode like this, but instead [SPOIL] evolved just before the Sinnoh League, 500 episodes later, fighting against Team Rocket [/SPOIL]

Blessed

Excellent gym battle episode, I thought Jasmine was going to use Ampharos. Cyndaquil VS Steelix was very intense. I also loved Brock's "Girldex" reading of Jasmine, really funny.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I remember that episode. The Steelix vs Cyndaquil so so epic, I really didn't know who was gonna win.

A very good episode. Crunch is a fearsome attack, I wonder what would have happened if Cyndaquil had gotten hit by it? The damage from it looks devastating. This battle kind of reminds me of how Ash beat Koga.

Zamin

Brock: I'll battle my broken heart
Misty: And I'll battle the urge to be sick!

Hilarious!!!

NPT

Just a member
Nerves Of Steelix!

This episode's dub title "Nerves of Steelix" is lame, 4kids should've came up with a better title. As for this episode itself, i thought It's dumb how Ash fell for Team Rocket's trap and they stole Pikachu. Ash should've guessed that the Wobufett statue was a trap. I didn't like Ash falling for Team Rocket's dumb trap, but liked Jasmine came to the rescue with her Steelix and orders it use Crunch, causing TR's Robot to explode.
Pikachu and Magnamites battle was so-so, but Steelix and Cyndaquil's battle was great! I liked Ash's strategy, using Flamethrower to turning the tonardo into a blaze was a very smart move ..... and it worked perfectly. I'm glad Ash got the Mineral Badge from Jasmine. It was funny when Brock suddenly took Jasmine's hand and started to flirt with her, only to be dragged away by Misty.

Overall, a good Gym battle episode. It's great to see Ash using strategy in the battle. Seeing Jasmine again was nice, she was so beautiful and Hot. <3

Last edited:

zhixun

Great gym battle and it was a close one. Hinoarashi surely rocks in this episode especially when he knock out Haganeil. Looked like the ability Blaze was activated although it did not exist. Finally I like the Sonans mecha especially when it used its hands to throw Pikachu into the mouth.