• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NEVER ENDING battles?

Mangoes

Grand Empress
Ok, so I was playing my SoulSilver the other day, and well, I was battling the gym leader, the ghost one I forgot his name. Anywho, I had killed all his pokemon when it said 'Whatshisname is going to send out a Gengar. Want to switch pokemon?' and I'm sure all y'all know the move where you put in a really weak pokemon so you can quickly heal up without risking one of your big hitters getting damaged, well, I sent out my rattata with the intent of healing my Crokanaw, and I did, but Gengar used mean face on me and my rattata! Now, this wouldn't be a problem since normally he would just kill me in one hit, right? Wrong! The only moves he knew were hypnosis, shadow ball, and some other lame move that was ghost too! So literally, all he could do was attack me with ghost moves which wouldn't affect me, or use hypnosis over and over and over again which is what he did. Well, I might've killed his Gengar if it weren't for the fact that my rattata only knew normal and fighting moves, so I couldn't attack him either, and I was still stuck from scary face, so me and him couldn't harm each other! Phooey, was I ever mad, I had to turn off my DS and start over a while back because I forgot to save my game before the gym battle. Now that I look back I can see that there was a way I could've beaten him, or he could've beaten me which was more likely, and that's by using every move until all the mvoes have 0 pp and we both flail about and one of us dies, but like hell I was going to do that.

Ok, end story, cya later! :)

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
Yeah, I've been in situations like that myself. Make sure to always save the game before you fight the Gym Leader, or in fact, any major character. ;)

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Well, I've been in a very similiar situation in LG, it was in Virdian forest, my only Pokemon was Bulbasaur, I faced up against a Bug catcher & he had a Metapod, it was bad-timing that my Bulbasaur's tackle went out of PP & it was its only attack move, that left it with growl & as u all know, the freaking Metapod's only attack was harden... I turned off the GBA during that annoying battle, of course...

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Well, at least if all else fails and you really don't want to lose your progress, you could let one Pokemon run out of moves and Struggle itself into fainting.