• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Never Gone (pokeshipping song-fic)

Hi everybody! I figured that my first ever post should be this story, so here it is. If I’m breaking any rules, then i apologies.

I guess I should explain what this story is about, as is proper courtesy, so here goes: In general, this is a pokeshipping song-fic one-shot. If you’re wondering which song I’m going to use, than look no farther, because the name of the song is the name of the story. “Never Gone” is a song by the Backstreet boys that was released last year on an album of the same name. Most of you out there probably have never heard it, so I apologize for the confusion. Well, that’s pretty much said and done, so here goes my first ever song-fic:

Disclaimer: I do not own anything about this story, except the genarel idea. I’m guessing that Jive or Zomba records own this song, but I really don’t know, so please don’t hurt me.

Never Gone

Ash Ketchum walked into the room in the Pokemon center, and sitting at the foot of his bed, took his backpack off and threw it into the center of the bed. Ash put his hands to his face, and thought about his day.

Just this morning, he had tried to beat Lucy, the Battle Tube champion, and had ended up falling flat on his face. He had underestimated Lucy’s Shuckle, and paid the full price. Shuckle never even attacked any of his Pokemon, yet it still prevailed. Now, Pikachu and his other Pokemon were all with nurse Joy due to his poor performance. His friends had tried to comfort him after his loss, be he just wanted to be alone for a while.

As Ash rested his head in his hands, he heard a soft thump. Looking up, he saw the components of his backpack sprawled across the bed, and some falling onto the floor. Ash realized he must have left his backpack opened, and sighed at his mistake. As he bent to pick up his belongings, something caught his eye. He reached to the floor, and picked up a picture. The picture was one of Ash standing at the Indigo league with his friend Brock, and his best friend, Misty Waterflower.

The picture was taken right before he had competed in the Indigo league. He smiled as he thought back to all the fun times he had traveling Kanto that year.

The things we did
The things we said
Keep coming back to me and make me smile again

Ash looked back onto the bed, and saw another photo. Picking it up, he saw that it was another photo of the Indigo league, but this one was taken right after his loss. He remembered how hard it was to except his loss, but Misty had told him that losing battles was all part of being a Pokemon trainer, and that losing once in a while didn’t make him any less talented. In fact, Misty had pretty much taught him everything he needed to know about being a Pokemon trainer. If he’d never met Misty, he probably wouldn’t be where he was today.

You showed me how
To face the truth
Everything that’s good in me I owe to you

Ash reached around the pile of his belongings, and picked up another picture. This was another photo of him, Brock, and Misty. This one was three of them standing in front of a pokemon center, with all of their pokemon. The picture had been taken the day that Misty had to leave him, and return to her Pokemon gym. The smile left Ash’s face as he thought back to that day. When Misty left him, it was as if someone tore a chunk out of his soul. Without Misty, he wasn’t complete anymore. Misty was as important to him as anyone could ever be. And now she was hundreds of miles away, in Cerulean City. But Ash knew, no matter what, she would always be with him inside. No matter what happened throughout their lives, they would always be friends.

Though the distance that’s between us
Now may seem to be too far
It will never separate us
Deep inside, I know you are

Never gone
Never far
In my heart is where you are

Always close
Everyday
Every step along the way

Even though for now we’ve got to say goodbye
I know you will be forever in my life
Never gone

Ash remembered how he had wandered through the streets the day Misty left him, not really headed anywhere, just thinking about his best friend. To tell the truth, Misty was the reason he'd won so many of his battles. She always gave him a hard time at pretty much everything, but when it came to his Pokemon battles, she was always there to show her love and support, and although praise from her was scarce, she always let him now that he did a good job. He never told anybody this, but he considered Misty the foundation of his life.

I walk along
These empty streets
There is not a second you’re not here with me

The love you gave
The praise you showed
Will always give me strength and be my cornerstone

Misty never focused on the bad things Ash did in his battles, but instead choose to help him be the best trainer that he could be. And Ash knew that no matter what happened throughout their lives, they would always be friends.

(Somehow)
Somehow you found a way
To see the best I have in me

As long as time goes on
I swear to you that you will be

Never gone
Never far

Always close
Everyday
Every step along the way

Never gone

Ash missed Misty more than anything, but he never showed his true feelings, because he knew he would see her again, somewhere along the road that was his life.

Never gone from me
If there’s one thing I believe
(I believe)
I will see you somewhere down the road again

Never gone
Never far

Always close
Everyday
Every step along the way

Never gone
Never far

Always close
Everyday
Every step along the way

Never gone

As Ash was just finishing picking up his things, Brock entered the room. “Ash, I’m sorry about the Battle Tube, but I think you should know—”

“It’s alright Brock.” Ash said, cutting off his friend. “I’m fine. I know that I can’t win them all. I’ll get them another day. And when I do, I won’t underestimate my opponent.” Brock looked at his young friend, and smiled a reassuring smile.

“It’s nice to see you’re growing up Ash.” He tells him. “Come on. Max and May are waiting for us in the Pokemon center food court.” As Brock turned around and left, Ash put the last thing in his bag. It was a picture of a young red-haired girl, swimming in a pool, surrounded by her pokemon. Ash smiled as he looked at the picture.

“Thanks for everything Misty.” He said to the photo. “No matter what happens, you’ll never be gone from my heart.” Ash then zipped up his backpack, and ran after his friend.

Well, that’s it. I hope you enjoyed it. Remember, criticism (positive or negative) is perfectly welcome. Don’t worry about being too harsh. I can take anything negative. But keep in mind; this is only the first song-fic I’ve ever written. Anyways, I hope you’ll be so kind as to review, and tell me my faults, so I won’t repeat them in my next song-fic (if you’re wondering, it’s going to be a Brockshipping song-fic, and if you weren’t wondering, well then, I guess it’s to late to stop reading this).

This fic has been brought to you by the mind of Fez the Mysfit Elf.

Last edited:

.Person.

No avatard plz
OK. It's long for shure. I liked it.

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Wow, this is pretty good for your first shipping fic, I really enjoyed it. Even though Twerpshipping isn't exactly my favorite shipping, you portrayed Ash's emotions nicely! Your grammar was very good, although there were a couple of typos here and there, but that happens to the best of us. Keep on writing, and I can't wait for the Brockshipping story. Peace out!

Edit-I can't believe I misspelled 'grammar'-_- Please forgive my ignorance.

Last edited:
Luner~*~Eclipse: Huh? You think it's long? It didn't seem that long when I was writing it. Actually, looking back over it, I agree with you. It does seem somewhat long. Anyway, I'm just glad that you liked it!

~Ampris~: Thanks for the kind words ~Ampris~. I don't know what you mean by typos though. I thought it was perfect. Eh, I'm just kidding. Yes, I noticed the typos only after I posted it. Sorry. By the way, the Brockshipping story should be coming along any day now. I already have the idea and everything; I just need to write it down. So once again, I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

Edit: Your mistake is forgivin. I've also misspelled grammar more than one time in my life.

Dr. Melee: Thank you, I'm glad you thought it was good. I'm sorry about the lack of description though. And if you really want to see some more of my work, then just keep checking the forums, because I'm in the middle of writing like, a dozen different fics at once. I'll probably be posting them really soon (I hope).

So thank you all for your kind words, now please excuse me while I try to fix the typos.

Last edited:

Iron Justice

Peoples is peoples.
That was very good,I enjoyed it, but there was too much "Never Gone", though. What doesn't make sense is: why would he have the pictures in his backpack and not his house?
Over all it was a very good story! peace out!

Iron Justice: Thanks for the review! Sorry I put "Never Gone" in it so much, but I wanted the entire song in, word-for-word. And he was carrying the pictures around because I always imagined he took all of his belongings with him when he left home.

Rattata the Mighty: Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad someone besides me likes the Backstreet Boys.

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
Very cute^______^ I love pokeshipping and even though you didn't have an actual scene with Ash and Misty it stil made up for it!!! (I liked the song choice as well) Hope to see more from you!!

CeruleanWaterflower said:
Very cute^______^ I love pokeshipping and even though you didn't have an actual scene with Ash and Misty it stil made up for it!!! (I liked the song choice as well) Hope to see more from you!!

Thanks CeruleanWaterflower! If you want to read another fic of mine, I'll be posting two new song-fics soon (hopefully), one Pokeshipping, another Brockshipping, so you might see them soon. I've also writen a trainer-fic, and I'll be posting that soon (even though nobody will care about it). Hey, I just remembered that you wrote a Pokeshipping song-fic yourself a while back, before I was a member, and I really liked it. I'll try to find it and review it, now that I can find it in your profile. Anyway, thanks for the review!

Last edited:

TaZz

Beginning Trainer
SOOOOOOOOO cute. Its sad I see less and less pokeshipping fics now. I wish they would just put Misty back on the show! then I'd start watching it again... or even if somthing like this fic happened. Then there would be a spark of hope.

.Person.

No avatard plz
Fez the Mysfit Elf said:
Luner~*~Eclipse: Huh? You think it's long? It didn't seem that long when I was writing it. Actually, looking back over it, I agree with you. It does seem somewhat long. Anyway, I'm just glad that you liked it!
For me it is. I'm a slow reader and I don't read that often. You can see that in my grammer. (I'm 13)
As long as that's not all... Than it's great.

I don't see anything wrong with your grammar. But I know what you mean now. And I'm afraid that I'm done with this fic. It's a one-shot, so it's over. But I'm writing more. I don't think I'll have any finished any time soon though.

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
It’s an okay one-shot, Fez. You developed a nice flow about Ash’s emotions towards his loss in his battle against another trainer and the bits where he looked at each photo.

My main criticism for this fic is that improvements can be made like descriptions. There are times when you need to fully describe the actions and scenery, depending on what situation they’re in.

Plus, some errors have been spotted...
Ash realized he must of left his backpack opened
have

with all of their pokemon. the picture had been taken the day that Misty had to leave him
Capital T after full stop (.)

because he new he would see her again
Knew

He says to the photo.
Said.

If you can improve your fic, you’ll go a long way.

Overall score: 3/5

:O Brian Powell reviewed my fic? I'm honored! Seriously! You're one of my favorite fan-fic authors on SPPF! But anyway, thank you for pointing out my mistakes. I didn't even notice I made any, so I appreciate you telling me. I've changed them all, by the way. I'll remember about the description thing in future stories (if I ever get them finished). But again, thank you for the review.

The Smore

Coral Eye Trainer
Wow. I'm not actually a fan of shipping of any type, but that was great ! You captured Ash's feeelings really well ! Keep it up.