• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Never Underestimated [First NU Team(s)

STABX4

I am currently in the process of setting up my own youtube channel to do commentary on the variety battles I have recorded. Im sure all of you are pretty tired of watching 100s of people post tons of overdone OU battles, I know I am. To remedy this I plan to post a battle from a different tier every day. Along with the major metas such as OU UU NU RU I also plan to upload random battles such as mixed tier, Draft, Grab bag, and 1 V. 1. The only two tiers I have yet to establish a team for a NU (the rate for this thread) and RU (coming later) , I know very little about the lower tiers so any help you can provide is awesome. I actually have 2 possible NU teams so Ill combine them into one RMT.

without further delay:

Team 1

At A Glance:

024.gif
335.gif
103.gif
377.gif
463.gif
093.gif

I aiming for a more offensive team with Regirock serving a support role as the main wall. That being said, I can probably replace Lickilicky with maybe a mixed or special attacker but im not sure who to use.

In Depth Analysis:

024.gif

King Kobra [Arbok] @ Black Sludge

Intimidate

4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed

Jolly

Coil

Gunk Shot

Aqua Tail

Sucker Punch

I havent decided on a lead yet so the order of the pokemon doesnt matter. Ive always felt Poison is an under represented type offensively and the lacking of Steel types in the NU tier allows me to safely use Arbok. Arbok has access to one of the best boosting moves in Coil and with full attack investment makes it a very dangerous sweeper. Gunk Shot is a powerful STAB and hits almost anything in the tier hard. Aqua tail provides a check against ground types while Sucker Punch grants Arbok a priority move that helps midigate its average speed.

335.gif

Rabid..Cat? [Zangoose]@ Toxic Orb

Toxic Boost

4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed

Jolly

Facade

Close Combat

Night Slash

Quick Attack

Zangoose has great synergy with Arbok with the latter being a great counter for the formers checks. Facade is Zangoose's main STAB as its power is doubled when combined with Toxic Orb. Close Combat allows for easy removal of Arbok's counters. Night Slash gives me a weapon against Ghost types who would otherwise completely wall this set, its nice Critical Hit chance doesnt hurt either. Lastly Quick Attack provides STAB priority and the ability to revenge kill weakened foes.

103.gif

FSU [Exeggutor] @ Choice Specs

Chlorophyll

132 HP/252 SpA/124 Speed

Modest

Leaf Storm

Psychic

Sleep Powder

Hidden Power [Ice]

Choice Specs Exeggutor is able to be a major offensive threat even without sun. Leaf Storm is the main STAB as it at the very least 2HKOs nearly everything in NU. Psychic is a decent backup STAB and handles Villplume. Sleep Powder cripples Exeggutor's faster threats. Hidden Power Ice murders Altaria and other Exeggutor

377.gif

Berlin [Regirock]@ Leftovers

Clear Body

252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD

Careful

Stealth Rock

Stone Edge

Earthquake

Thunder Wave

Regirock serves as my wall, stealth rock, and general support mon. Stealth Rock provides extra entry hazard damage and with Regirock's bulk it is guranteed if needed. The EdgeeQuake combo hits everything but Torterra for neutral damage. Thunder Wave slows down faster pokemon which is great support as my team is rather slow overall.

463.gif

House M.D. [Lickylicky]@ Leftovers

Own Tempo

252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD

Careful

Wish

Heal Bell

Protect

Body Slam

Lickylicky is the team cleric as well as special. It gives the 2nd most powerful wishes in NU and can even heal itself when accompanied with Protect. Heal Bell keeps status off my team while Body Slam prevents Lickylicky from becoming Taunt bait. Due to the offensive nature of my team, I am open to replacing Lickylicky with another special Sweeper.

093.gif

Peeves [Haunter]@ Choice Scarf

Levitate

4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed

Timid

Shadow Ball

Sludge Bomb

Thunderbolt

HP Ground

Choice Scarf Haunter serves as both my late game cleaner and as a key switch into several key counters due to its immunities to Ground (Arbok) and Fighting (Zangoose, Lickylicky. Shadow Ball is Haunters main STAB and hits almost anything for at least neutral damage. Sludge Bomb is a great Secondary STAB while HP Ground rounds out perfect coverage. Thunderbolt handles Bulky Waters.

Last edited:

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Hi! Looks like a very decent team. Threats I can think of at the top of my head are SD Samurott, as they carry Aqua jet to kill Haunter. Sub bulk up Braviary with Brave Bird can stall out Regirocks stone edge and heavily dent your team.

For defensive threats, metang with wish support or even Resttalk versions can be annoying, but Arbok should be able to take care of most versions. Now that I think of it, Resttalk Klang with shift gear and gear grind are extremely hard to take down. I don`t really know what Regirock can do to it with eq. Speaking of annoying, Gothorita is definitely a threat. Traps and slowly kills your whole defensive core, and can also take care of Haunter, Arbok, and sometimes Exeggutor. To fix these issues, I`d use Dragon tail on Lickylicky over either body slam or Protect. I know it needs those moves as well, but I think dragon tail is more useful most of the time.

Again, nice team, good luck with it and I hoped I helped.

STABX4

Team 2

At A Glance:

497.gif
606.gif
503.gif
105.gif
115.gif
391.gif

My second team is a little more balanced than the one above with a slower end game and a pretty unique finisher.

In Depth Analysis:

497.gif

Guarder[Serperior] @ Leftovers

Overgrow

252 HP/4 Def/252 Speed

Timid

Glare

Taunt

Giga Drain

Leech Seed

This Serperior set is based on the Subseed set with a few twists. Serperior's decent bulk and great speed allow me to either use taunt to stop opponent's use of substitute or their own taunt to protect from leech seed damage, or support the team by paralyzing a faster foe seeing as my team is rather slow overall. Leech seed is the crux of this set as it allows me to rack up damage while regaining health. Giga Drain is the main attacking move as it provides STAB and extra healing.

606.gif

W0000[Beheeyem]@ Choice Specs

Analytic

252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA

IV 3 Speed

Psychic

Thunderbolt

Signal Beam

HP Ground

Beheeyem serves as the team wallbreaker allowing me to smash through bulkier threats such as Regirock. Choice Specs boosts the special attack to sky high levels. Pyschic is the main attacking move on this set as it tears through many of the main special walls in NU. Thunderbolt guarantees that no bulky water is safe while Signal Beam takes out enemy Psychics such as Exeggcutor. Lastly HP Ground covers steels and Skuntank. Analytic is a great ability for Beheeyem as its lack of speed means the stat boost almost always occurs.

503.gif

Mr. Splinter[Samurott]@ Lum Berry

Torrent

200 HP/252 Atk/56 Speed

Adamant

Swords Dance

Razor Shell

Aqua Jet

Megahorn

Samurott's amazing bulk allow for it to become a very effective set up sweeper capable of muscling through Physical walls. Swords Dance boosts the attack stat to very dangerous levels. Razor Shell serves as the main STAB and comes with a nice defense drop chance. Samurott only has average speed so having a STAB priority move in Aqua Jet helps handle faster threats. Megahorn is Samurott's most powerful coverage move and gives it the best chance to hit bulky Grass types hard.
105.gif

GO AWAY..[Marowak]@ Thick Club

Rock Head

4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed

Adamant

Stealth Rock

Bonemerang

Double Edge

Stone Edge

Marowak is my one of my possible leads thanks to its ability to counter common stealth rock leads and set up hazards of its own. Bonemerang hits twice each turn making any attempt to counter with sturdy, substitute, or a focus sash futile. Stone Edge nails flying types who cant be touched with the perviously mentioned Bonemerang. Thanks to Rock Head, Double-Edge is Marowak's strongest neutral attack hitting almost everything in the tier hard while avoiding recoil damage.

115.gif

Mama K[Kangaskhan]@ Leftovers

Scrappy

40 HP/252 Atk/216 Speed

Adamant

Substitute

Focus Punch

Sucker Punch

Return

Kangaskhan's monster attack and decent bulk allow it to very easily slide into the role of Sub Puncher. Substitute protects from status while its readying a punch. Sucker Punch works well with subs as they usually force the opponent to attack, it also hits faster foes hard. Return is there for STAB, rounds out coverage, and is actually stronger than Focus Punch. Kangaskhan's ability, Scrappy allows it to do something other sub Punchers cant do, it hits the frail Ghost types of NU extremely hard while often being immune to their attacks.
391.gif

Diddy Kong [Monferno]@ Choice Band

Iron Fist

4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed

Adamant

Mach Punch

Flare Blitz

Close Combat

U-Turn

I was looking for a decent fire type to complete my team because.. well I'm partial to them. So I went down the list Charizard (weak to rocks) Camerupt (slow and pretty bad overall)... then I realized something, barried in the realm of NFE was Monferno. At first it looked like this was possibly the dumbest idea I ever had, then I looked at the move pool. I saw that it had all the makings for the Lead Infernape set but was legal in NU. Only potential problems were 1. It could be too slow. 2. It might not hit hard enough to be viable. Fix one? Invest in speed give it STAB Priority Mach Punch and power it up with Iron Fist. Fix two? Slap a Choice Band on it and it becomes a wrecking ball. Flare Blitz is amazing with a Choice Band boost and grants dual STABs. Close Combat maims Rock and Ground types who can withstand a Mach Punch also being good for when I dont need to worry about Monferno being outsped. Lastly U-turn makes it a viable lead allowing me to bail out of an unfavorable matchup.

Last edited: