• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
But really like, why did 99% of Pallet Town disappear after season 1
They're being faithful to the games by having it just be the protagonist and Oak's homes.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
But really like, why did 99% of Pallet Town disappear after season 1
Writing wise, because you don't actually need Pallet aside Ash's house and Oak's lab, mainly when Ash barely is the town.

Personal opinion is that gossip old lady from Chronicles did spread rumors about the Ketchums get too cocky after Ash's many league tournaments and the Oaks are too busy to stroll around the town.

Last edited:

UnovaMaster

Delia being ostracized by jealous moms in the community, is there nothing Ash Ketchum the menace won't do to his mother

Guy100

According to the original writer, Shudo, of the Pokemon Season 1 anime via his story board booklet, all children prior to becoming pokemon trainers had to have attend or completed a primary level of education (primary school) before reaching the age of 10 to start their profession as a Pokemon Trainer.

Shudo mentions that Ash had attend a primary school before becoming a pokemon trainer, and that his mom had ran a house-restaurant, which explained how the Ketchum's earned income to pay for their finances.

Shudo even references that Gary's dad or uncle or whatever relative, was the Mayor of Pallet Town, which was one of the reason's Gary had an anchorage of women supporting him during his earlier travels as a Pokemon Trainer to support the Mayor's campaign.

I think the AU universe incorporated some of these ideas, however I have not seen some of shudo's notes regarding the lore of Pallet Town properly incorporated into the main anime.

As for Gary's sister, I was referencing this in regard to the red and blue games, which was a template to the story of the original Pokemon anime, which its based after.

All of Shudo's idea about how Ash grew up and the dynamics of the Pallet Town community, I wish could have been addressed in the very first episode of the 11 episode special. I even wished there was a proper debut of the two trainers (the Bulbasaur Trainer and Charmander Trainer) that began their journey on the same day that both Ash and Gary did.

Its a shame none of this was incorporated into the finale chapter special, especially since Pallet town is the place the anime story first begins.

I even would have liked the idea of Ash visiting Bill's Lighthouse again to see if he had finally met that mysterious dragonite.

What a waste of potential.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
All of Shudo's idea about how Ash grew up and the dynamics of the Pallet Town community, I wish could have been addressed in the very first episode of the 11 episode special. I even wished there was a proper debut of the two trainers (the Bulbasaur Trainer and Charmander Trainer) that began their journey on the same day that both Ash and Gary did.

Its a shame none of this was incorporated into the finale chapter special, especially since Pallet town is the place the anime story first begins.

I even would have liked the idea of Ash visiting Bill's Lighthouse again to see if he had finally met that mysterious dragonite.

If I have a nickel for every missed opportunity this anime has I would've been a billionaire already

Last edited:

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
According to the original writer, Shudo, of the Pokemon Season 1 anime via his story board booklet, all children prior to becoming pokemon trainers had to have attend or completed a primary level of education (primary school) before reaching the age of 10 to start their profession as a Pokemon Trainer.

Shudo mentions that Ash had attend a primary school before becoming a pokemon trainer, and that his mom had ran a house-restaurant, which explained how the Ketchum's earned income to pay for their finances.

Shudo even references that Gary's dad or uncle or whatever relative, was the Mayor of Pallet Town, which was one of the reason's Gary had an anchorage of women supporting him during his earlier travels as a Pokemon Trainer to support the Mayor's campaign.

I think the AU universe incorporated some of these ideas, however I have not seen some of shudo's notes regarding the lore of Pallet Town properly incorporated into the main anime.

As for Gary's sister, I was referencing this in regard to the red and blue games, which was a template to the story of the original Pokemon anime, which its based after.

I mean, this is all interesting backstory information, and maybe would have been neat to address back in OS, but it's all hardly relevant enough to bring up during the events of MPM in the grand scheme of the anime. It's pretty much the same way I feel about Ash's father. Might have been cool to see him years ago, but he doesn't really matter nowadays.

As far as Gary's sister goes, that's all just speculation based on the games. As far as I know, there's never been any reference to Gary having a sister in the anime, though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Guy100

I mean, this is all interesting backstory information, and maybe would have been neat to address back in OS, but it's all hardly relevant enough to bring up during the events of MPM in the grand scheme of the anime. It's pretty much the same way I feel about Ash's father. Might have been cool to see him years ago, but he doesn't really matter nowadays.

As far as Gary's sister goes, that's all just speculation based on the games. As far as I know, there's never been any reference to Gary having a sister in the anime, though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Seeing how this was Ash's final story arc, I felt an episode dedicated to Ash and his relation within his hometown community would have been interesting to bring up since Pallet Town is a part of his history as a Pokemon Trainer. Especially since the anime dedicated an episode to the back story of Ash's Pikachu, as a pichu, which I felt was unnecessary, since it seemed self-explanatory to how it got caught by professor oak, being wild, yet we never even got to see how Oak caught Pikachu even when we were given more detail of how Pikachu developed after it was born.

But its all over now.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Seeing how this was Ash's final story arc, I felt an episode dedicated to Ash and his relation within his hometown community would have been interesting to bring up since Pallet Town is a part of his history as a Pokemon Trainer. Especially since the anime dedicated an episode to the back story of Ash's Pikachu, as a pichu, which I felt was unnecessary, since it seemed self-explanatory to how it got caught by professor oak, being wild, yet we never even got to see how Oak caught Pikachu even when we were given more detail of how Pikachu developed after it was born.

But its all over now.
Well, he presented himself as "Ash from Pallet Town" almost every time, it makes you at least curious about the place.

But, time passed and Pallet itself was more important as the place where Ash boxed his pokemon and where Ash, Delia, Oak and Gary are from.

I care to remember someone from the anime staff (can't remember who now) said the japaneses in general are more interested in Pikachu than Ash & pikachu, and he commented that the western audience understood better the anime's concept because we like both Ash & pikachu.

So, it isn't surprising that pikachu gets a backstory and Ash's final chapter wasn't that fullfilling as anyone was expecting.

Guy100

Well, he presented himself as "Ash from Pallet Town" almost every time, it makes you at least curious about the place.

But, time passed and Pallet itself was more important as the place where Ash boxed his pokemon and where Ash, Delia, Oak and Gary are from.

I care to remember someone from the anime staff (can't remember who now) said the japaneses in general are more interested in Pikachu than Ash & pikachu, and he commented that the western audience understood better the anime's concept because we like both Ash & pikachu.

So, it isn't surprising that pikachu gets a backstory and Ash's final chapter wasn't that fullfilling as anyone was expecting.

I can only imagine what goes in those board meetings of the Pokemon anime.

Since the idea of this 11 episode special was supposedly concepted to focus more on Ash simply being a 10 year old boy in a slice of life story by showcasing his typical days when not battling or catching pokemon, you would figure the best concept idea to showcase Ash's typical day when not going on a journey or actively being a Pokemon Trainer, would be presented in his hometown (Pallet Town) community and how he (Ash) interacts with the locals that live there in order to give more details to how he lived regularly when returning home from adventures.

I would have even liked the idea if the anime incorporated the some story exposition of Ash and Delia talking a little more about Ash's dad and Grandfather, even if they didn't want to showcase who they are, especially since Ash had already surpassed both of them as a Pokemon Trainer, or at least so we think. Since Ash is still a child, its fairly typical for a kid to often ask about his absent father and his communications with the family, especially if it were a slice of life style episode.

Yeah, I figure Pikachu gets more attention for marketing, yet the back story we were given about it didn't really add anything special in my honest opinion. I would have liked if more detail was given to Pikachu's backstory to understand why pikachu was so untrusting of humans for it to take on a very disobedient persona prior to meeting Ash after it was caught by Professor Oak. You'd think, Professor Oak of all people would be the most capable of pokemon trainers to effectively establish some sort of companionship with Pikachu after catching it. But again, the Pikachu backstory, just like this 11episode special, just felt forced, and not well-thought out.

Either way, Ash will return to the anime, and will most likely achieve his dream of being a Pokemon Master on the final episode of the entire Pokemon anime series as a whole before it gets cancelled or discontinued. At least this was according to a representative of the Pokemon anime.

Last edited:

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Either way, Ash will return to the anime, and will most likely achieve his dream of being a Pokemon Master on the final episode of the entire Pokemon anime series as a whole before it gets cancelled or discontinued. At least this was according to a representative of the Pokemon anime.
Where is this coming from?

Guy100

I think I have an idea...

48s05v.gif

Money and current market trends is typically the factor of whats drives many global franchises. Can't say what their market plan was when promoting this 11 episode special as a mundane adventure, but whatever it was it worked.

If anything, I would expect the board meetings to focus soley on production cost, marketing sale progress, ideas that worked from previous pilot programs (new characters or new promotions) and new ideas based on toy market trends and popular anime series to build off of and adapt into the pokemon franchise.

My typical imagination of their board meetings;

Board leader: Now that Ash will no longer be our main objective for pushing more stories, we need some ideas to keep our series story relevant and attractive to our young audiences. Ideas..we need'em..

Board member: How about continuing with the similar routine of showcasing two main protagonist.

Board Leader: I like the idea, this time lets introduce a female character taking on a starring role. I see that Girls are liking Pokemon more and more.

Board leader: Oh...sort of like how we did with Chole..how should we market her.

Board leader: Have her take on a forefront role as a dual protagonist but not be too important so much to overshadow the male lead character by taking on the same exact role like Ash did when it came to driving the action adventure... we MUST not lose the attention of our male audiences at all cost.

Board member: How should we implement the new male lead.

Board leader: Make him similar to Ash except more unique to have him stand out a bit.

Board member: Make him stand out.....how so.....we made Ash a world champion.....how will this new male lead compare?

Board Leader: Lets make the new male lead more dynamic..um..how about we allow him to catch lots of legendaries... that should be dynamic enough. It seems lots of 10 year old fans were hooked-on that Latias we had follow Ash in the 11 special..and liked the project mew story of pokemon legendary encounters.

Board member: Got it...thats what we'll do. Great ideas.

Board leader: Also lets not forget to add in a Charizard and Pikachu as starring roles in the new series. Is that clear...meeting adjourn, we have our mission.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Make him similar to Ash except more unique to have him stand out a bit.

You know, you were getting just right what was their actual conversation until this point.

But the line about "we MUST not lose the attention of our male audiences at all cost." is something I'm 100% sure was brought up there.

I'd also attribute the female protagonist duo the trends of pushing more those lately, including overseas.

TL;DR Good job