• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

Broseph08

I’m actually surprised that the people who actively consume this garbage can find anything else ‘horribly written’.
shikimori-shikimoris-not-just-cute.gif

No wonder they call it this place le pokemon aneurysm discussion….
By Naruto standards, even the female characters in Pokemon are elite. That's how bad it is in Naruto

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Since we are talking a lot about Naruto should we talk about what his Pokemon team could be? Or should we just keep hopes for new titles?

Can't believe we didn't even get a summary yet for Ep 3 & Ep 4

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Since we are talking a lot about Naruto should we talk about what his Pokemon team could be? Or should we just keep hopes for new titles?

Can't believe we didn't even get a summary yet for Ep 3 & Ep 4
Well he'd definitely have a Ninetales, and most likely a Greninja and/or Seismitoad

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
After reading some of the cringiest takes here, I now genuinely hope Riko is the MC who actually doesn't have a battling goal. Apparently a female character is only worthy if she battles......yeah that's some great "mindset" this place has (this place would probably die trying to watch Fruits Basket). Obviously I'd like to see her in battles that are needed for a situation, but not a battling goal itself like win gym badges or something (and neither do I want another repetitive goal like contests). I genuinely wouldn't mind if her goal is to just explore the vast world and mysteries.

As for the whole "Kishimoto" style discussion being peddled by people who can't name more than 10 anime, the issue with Hinata and Sakura was more to do with the story direction itself rather than his inability to write good females. Since they were main characters, they were part of everything going on, and the whole series suffered post Pain arc. Obviously he's nowhere close to Gorilla sensei (Sorachi), FMA or Jojo part 6, but Kushina, Temari, Konan and Tsunade were still pretty fine, and far from the whole "Kishimoto can't write women" stuff.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
this place would probably die trying to watch Fruits Basket
Or kimi ni todoke, Clannad, Ore Monogatari or any Shoujo/Josei/Romance for that matter. These retards probably refuse to consume anything that doesn’t have ‘wahmen fighting’.

Sham

The Guardian of War
In other topics, I am glad that Sakura is currently getting focus in Boruto and showing how useful she is. After unlocking Tsuande's strength of 100th seal, they literally was setting her up to be a bada*** only to once again play the Sasuke fangirl. Kishimoto's "I can't write female characters" is such a mindless excuse especially when we had the whole Sakura/Chiyo vs Sasori fight. Obviously Riko and Sarada being female leads is an indication that female action characters do have a demand audience these days.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I’m actually surprised that the people who actively consume this garbage can find anything else ‘horribly written’.
One can find it horribly written and still enjoy it.

RLC

After reading some of the cringiest takes here, I now genuinely hope Riko is the MC who actually doesn't have a battling goal. Apparently a female character is only worthy if she battles......yeah that's some great "mindset"
Exactly man. Like jeez I a want female battler too but they be taking it too far.

Oh bro if you want actual good shounen, Hunter X Hunter and Jojo are right there.

Pokemon XY was that directors attempt at poorly written shounen complete with a female character that has literally no plot relevance or goals aside from getting with the main character and being cute. Meanwhile the main character is stripped of his personality and all that's there is a 15 year old trapped in a 10 year olds body with battling and being the best.

Y'all be obsessing too much over a awful written shounen archtype that Pokemon never was. Thank god that director is long gone and Ash is back to how he was before XY.

"Oh Ash was so mature in XY" he's ten years old, let him act like a kid.
Every season of this show is a poor attempt of writing an arctype or whatever. It is hard carry by how unique of a concept pokemon is ( it is compared to digimon but they not really that much alike imo). You're too obsessed with your hatred of XY. Finally while I do agree that Hxh and Jojo are great it doesn't scratch that itch in the same way pokemon does.
>One Piece fan forgetting their series is the pioneer of poor writing.
Dbz?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
In other topics, I am glad that Sakura is currently getting focus in Boruto and showing how useful she is. After unlocking Tsuande's strength of 100th seal, they literally was setting her up to be a bada*** only to once again play the Sasuke fangirl. Kishimoto's "I can't write female characters" is such a mindless excuse especially when we had the whole Sakura/Chiyo vs Sasori fight. Obviously Riko and Sarada being female leads is an indication that female action characters do have a demand audience these days.
These days.....clearly shows how little you know. Samus, and especially the Final Fantasy series were doing proper female action in the 90's with Terra, Tifa, Aerith, etc, who are all beloved and some of the most well known female icons in gaming. And in anime, Asuka (who OS Misty was a discount version of), the females in FMA (manga was from 2001 to 2010), Gintama (hailed for it's female cast) started in 2003, etc. They've definitely been around so seeing them getting spotlight isn't suddenly revolutionary. But for argument sake, I'd say Jujutsu Kaisen is probably the best modern shounen for female action and Chainsaw Man for finally giving a terrifying female shounen villain.

Broseph08

After reading some of the cringiest takes here, I now genuinely hope Riko is the MC who actually doesn't have a battling goal. Apparently a female character is only worthy if she battles......yeah that's some great "mindset" this place has (this place would probably die trying to watch Fruits Basket). Obviously I'd like to see her in battles that are needed for a situation, but not a battling goal itself like win gym badges or something (and neither do I want another repetitive goal like contests). I genuinely wouldn't mind if her goal is to just explore the vast world and mysteries.
Pokemon at its core is about battling. That's what the core gameplay is about and the most marketed episodes of the anime feature battling. Whoever the lead is should have their goal be about battling and they will do so. No one wants Pokemon: Fruit Baskets edition.