• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

Veedramon

Guys I was about to drop my post on how Liko could be the group sandwich maker, but then I realized that this is the "Mezase Pokemon Master" thread!

How did it get this derailed?

Xuxuba

I want her to be a battler because it is a core aspect of the series but i also understand that if she weren't one it wouldn't necessarily make her a sexist copy of any non-battling character. There are more ways to be strong than calling out random names while a magical creature does nearly all the work and the "not like the other girls" attitude y'all have with the non-battling female characters is not any less mysognistic than the writers themselves either.

You could argument that it would be repetitive, but it is not like we didn't have a battler as the MC for 25+ years and plenty of other battle oriented characters aswell, including co-stars. If anything it'd be less repetitive to give the main focus to something else.

Regardless, as someone who has seen them struggle with even the simplest of the goals' concept, i would much rather they sticked to what they know. It'd also promote the games better if she were, because it would not alienate the new audience as to what the source material actually focuses on.

Guys I was about to drop my post on how Liko could be the group sandwich maker, but then I realized that this is the "Mezase Pokemon Master" thread!

How did it get this derailed?
Not sure how it became about this either but at this point i gave up.

greninjamaster

For the love of God somebody teach this fanbase what a tailored trend is. It does not mean someone is trending or "breaking the internet".

What it means is that something is of interest towards YOU is getting a specific number of tweets. Also they don't discriminate. For example, Jensen is a tailor trend for me. I follow a football team where Jensen is one of the players but when you click on the link majority of the posts are about Jensen Ackles from Supernatural and The Boys.

So when they're like OMG Serena is trending, Greninja is trending, people love XY. No crap those are the trends you see because they're called tailored trends aimed towards what you tweet about and if you only talk about Pokemon XY anime or Serena on twitter guess what? The algorithm is going to pick up your likes and tailored trends are going to target that. No one is breaking any internet. None of these things are actually trending.

Like please actually learn how social media analytics work, I beg of you.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I mean we've already established that Morax has inconsistent morals, but this comment feels unwarranted towards Akkipedi. At least to me, he came across as genuine and actually engaged with the arguments
Bro I'm not here to pyschoanalyse someone
It's all relevant to the posts in this thread and context only, and also referencing my earlier voices in the head post where they were strawmanning by complaining about an argument that nobody was even making

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Sometimes I wonder if y'all are actually serious with these hot takes or if this is some widespread high effort trolling.

Like please actually learn how social media analytics work, I beg of you.
However, Serena's return was scattered news and not specify trends, well, at least in Latin America her return appeared in all non-geek media and even in an anime - gamer strip of a national TV program .. You have to admit that you are fighting against things that cannot be covered with a finger. You have to admit that you are fighting against things that cannot be covered with a finger.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Honestly I’m hoping the new series is like what people think xy is(like how it too serious and the main character have no personality)and watch the meltdown happen lol.
I've said it before, JN is very close to what people think XY is. Ash flanderized into a battlebot with a team with no chemistry, a companion who had no direction for 60 episodes, heavily banking on shallow hypebait, stiff animation, and the list goes on

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
However, Serena's return was scattered news and not specify trends, well, at least in Latin America her return appeared in all non-geek media and even in an anime - gamer strip of a national TV program .. You have to admit that you are fighting against things that cannot be covered with a finger. You have to admit that you are fighting against things that cannot be covered with a finger.
Serena's return felt more viral to me while misty is a close second

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I came back to see if anything new was revealed/announced for Pokemon but all I see is a bunch of crazy, delusional ass people bickering, again. Do you guys get off on just arguing with each other?

Me:
giphy.gif

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
JN hypebait is nowhere as bad as "Ash and Serena's date" or "Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Battle!!"
I'd argue the Ho-oh title is as egregious as both of them, as well as the Mewtwo thing that was just a glorified celebrity cameo

greninjamaster

However, Serena's return was scattered news and not specify trends, well, at least in Latin America her return appeared in all non-geek media and even in an anime - gamer space of a national TV program .. You have to admit that you are fighting against things that cannot be covered with a finger.
oh wow breaking news an anime character returns and it's covered by other media outlets, so unbelievably groundbreaking let me tell you.

Not here to start anything just here to tell y'all you're not as big as you think you are and you sure as hell are not breaking any internet. You know what broke the internet? The second to last episode of Supernatural when a specific ship at least from one side was confirmed canon. That broke the internet. Y'all are like a tiny blimp on a radar compared to that coverage and reaction.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I've said it before, JN is very close to what people think XY is. Ash flanderized into a battlebot with a team with no chemistry, a companion who had no direction for 60 episodes, heavily banking on shallow hypebait, stiff animation, and the list goes on
JN Ash has a way more personable attitude on an episode to episode basis than XY ever did. And Goh was at least catching Pokémon and had a goal from the start where Serena just twiddled her thumbs before doing Showcases