• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
Ultimately I feel like the Latias plotline was fine but it being obviously banking off M05’s popularity is pretty funny

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
It was lame, honestly. Ash doesn’t getting it was expected, obvious, even. But, have Ash partnering with latios instead latias to defeat the hunter was...meh. And latias just left unceremoniously, because it was what the whole thing was.

I don’t mind if Ash didn't get latias, but I'm bothered that he didn't get a single new pokemon.

And no, don’t come with the "it wouldn't have screentime enough" on me.

Last edited:

solrocknroll

It was lame, honestly. Ash don’t getting it was expected, obvious, even. But, have Ash partnering with latios instead latias to defeat the hunter was...meh. And latias just left unceremoniously, because it was what the whole thing was.

I don’t mind if Ash didn't get latias, but I'm bothered that he didn't get a single new pokemon.

And no, don’t come with the "it wouldn't have screentime enough" on me.

There wasn’t any excuse for him not catching Beartic, that was the one time where it felt like okay, clearly they had the opportunity. I also think it would have been a cute full circle moment if Spearow, Rattata, and Caterpie came along with him even if they didn’t appear in any future episodes.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Also, hattena. It was in my list for Ash's Galar team if he ever had one...

I had that odd impression they could surprise us by showcasing that Ash ended up catching all these pokemon he bonded in the previous episodes off screen, even if just to have them appearing one last time in the Oak ranch.

But, it was just a wishful thinking by the end.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Thank you for everything, Rica Matsumoto.

Facts

Gotta say, I don't like the mini-series but her narration for next week's episode sure hits the feels.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
XY gang had a decent closure, Serena probably had the best return. Dawn and May were the ones with bad closures here.
I can't really fault them for May's closure (or lack thereof) but a line about her progress would have been nice but yeah Dawn's "closure" bears no repeating

I think May would have gotten closure if it was possible.
I know that your vision of the anime is much more positive and more focused on "dude this is an anime for children/familiar, it should not be complex, just simple" and i doubt you care but you have to accept that the contest that were with us for 8 years were unfairly dumped and should have let the girls become Top Coordinator.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Anyways I take back what I said about Unova getting shafted. Giving Iris her own region, Oshawott having an entire focus episode right after Cilan got his return episode showing he’s a good detective and having cameos of Bianca, Georgia and Stephan was everything.

And don’t forget how Pignite and Unfezant are gonna be in the last episode.

BW and SM had full course thanksgiving meals.

One doesn't even have to have animus towards XY to find the persecution complex routine completely tedious.

Journeys had more character returns and references to XY than XY had to other series/wider continuity - possibly the most of any series. Alain, Greninja, Clemont and Bonnie, Diantha, Serena, Korrina, etc etc etc.
Alain's return was quite disappointing, the others were fine

Some people are disappointed that Ash Greninja didn't exist or whatever, but I always thought Normal Greninja was cooler anyway.

in the reserves departament, sucks that none were used, but as you can see Greninja had a whole episode where he trained Aura Lucario, who received the baton from Greninja and was able to defeat Garchomp. Clemont helped Dracovish and Sirfetch'd with two of the decisive attacks in the closing stages of the PWC. Kalos Gang was absolutely important and there's no reason to think they were shafted or whatever.

Best return in all senses, including contribution, evolution and development

Paul, Gary, Iris, Serena, Greninja-Infernape (gengar training) and LILLIE

honorable mentions : Cilan, Clemont, Dawn

solrocknroll

I know that your vision of the anime is much more positive and more focused on "dude this is an anime for children/familiar, it should not be complex, just simple" and i doubt you care but you have to accept that the contest that were with us for 8 years were unfairly dumped and should have let the girls become Top Coordinator.

Kaori literally can’t speak for extended periods of times and suffers from vocal spasms even at rest, so any entitlement to May’s ending is just insensitive, and I say that as someone whose favorite character is May.

Kaori literally can’t speak for extended periods of times and suffers from vocal spasms even at rest, so any entitlement to May’s ending is just insensitive, and I say that as someone whose favorite character is May.
I'm just talking about a static image with the girls winning the grand festival, seriously it's not that hard lmao

solrocknroll

I think there should have been a montage of accomplishments for all the companions and it’s a shame we never got that. That’s something I will fully agree with. It’s a shame Munchlax and Blaziken didn’t get one last appearance despite the fact that Glaceon did.