• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Evolving Psyduck and Croagunk is one of the weirdest and most unnatural things I've read here. And I've read a lot of things.
Well.. why not...

Once time we got bamboozled about Psyduck evolved into Golduck during Orange Islands arc.

I prefer strong pokemon over 25 years still as cute unevolved pokemon.
Brock and Misty are enough become good trainer that can evolve them perfectly.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Like have her not have a crush on Ash?
And yes it’s because of Serena’s crush and kiss that there are shipping wars
Oh you sweet summer child...

Shipping wars have existed since Misty and Giselle...

Serena: Ash... do you know about love?
Ash: What is love?
Serena: Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more.

Also maybe we need a shipping thread for all of this stupid bullshit
There is a whole subforum dedicated to shipping...but apparently none of us ever learned to color inside the lines.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Also maybe we need a shipping thread for all of this stupid bullshit
How about permanently banning shipping talk in this section of the forums and start banning anyone talking about it here.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Well.. why not...

Once time we got bamboozled about Psyduck evolved into Golduck during Orange Islands arc.

I prefer strong pokemon over 25 years still as cute unevolved pokemon.
Brock and Misty are enough become good trainer that can evolve them perfectly.
Because the whole thing about Psyduck is that it annoyed Misty but as we saw in SM she ended up becoming super attached to it and now can battle and listen properly.

And Croagunk I don't even need to say why, you just need to watch DP.

Brock and Misty are good trainers because they can extract the potential of unevolved Pokémon, like Ash does. You should rewatch this anime, evolution isn't everything. Also at this point these Pokémon are so iconic that changing them so late in the game serves no purpose at all.

Which reminds me that a good reason for reserves in PM19 would've been to actually see Incineroar in action. Missed opportunity.

UnovaMaster

I don't want to see Incineroar in action, it should've stayed a Torracat because it having a stroke could've still been the gag without it evolving

Torracat = iconic
Incineroar = basic and overshown

This is why you don't evolve stuff to please power level people, power level people don't understand what they have until it's gone

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I don't want to see Incineroar in action, it should've stayed a Torracat because it having a stroke could've still been the gag without it evolving

Torracat = iconic
Incineroar = basic and overshown

This is why you don't evolve stuff to please power level people, power level people don't understand what they have until it's gone
While I’m in agreement that Ash’s Incineroar should’ve stayed a Torracat, it evolved from a storytelling standpoint, which I loved in the end.

Guy100

I would love see he's getting finally all 151 original pokemon + few from other gen before he leave.
You know I often wondered to myself when first watching Pokemon how would Ash actually fulfil his pledge in the very first episode of wanting to catch all of the pokemon in the world.

Then I thought about a possible plot, involving Team Rocket abducting one of every 150 species of pokemon and transporting them to some secret space satellite base on the moon, which would enable the rocket gang to conduct inhumane experiments on the pokemon they've caught in order to create a new super genetically engineered pokemon that would surpass Mewtwo, however would be thwarted by Ash who would secretly be a stowaway on the Team Rocket moon base and would only be able to rescue the poached Pokemon, by having all of the caged 150 Pokemon species be caught in his pokeballs which would transport all 150 pokemon to Ash's storage box at Oak''s lab, thus saving them and fulfilling his goal of catching all of the Kanto Pokemon, as a series finale.

Ash, after inadvertently fulfilling his catching goal, would then feel the need to release all of the 150 pokemon he rescued from Team Rocket, as he believes he didn't properly catch them the traditional way, and wants to work his way to meeting all Pokemon through his adventures.

ShuckFam

It is fitting that Ash's story will end with his companions from the best saga, the Kanto saga, by his side. If we could get even a fraction of the joy, sadness and laughter the original series produced, we're in for a h**l of a ride.

While it has a small minority of detractors (usually for hipsterish reasons), the hype for the original saga is justified. Sure, it attracted casual viewers, but even the real connoisseurs of the franchise regard the OS as the holy grail of the series. If you want to talk about something being 'overrated' or 'for casuals', look at the Persona Franchise (particularly the God-awful 5). It pales in comparison to SMT...

Speed22

I hope they did retcon her crush just because it would be hilarious after years of annoying discourse.
They did, and made her LGBTQ if you want to believe Twitter, and Twitter is always right!

They also retconned XY and took a big steaming **** on it and went out of their way to piss off XY fans, because they ****ing hate the series!

@cricketlaxwolvesbandy That's how you do it!

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
It is fitting that Ash's story will end with his companions from the best saga, the Kanto saga, by his side. If we could get even a fraction of the joy, sadness and laughter the original series produced, we're in for a h**l of a ride.

While it has a small minority of detractors (usually for hipsterish reasons), the hype for the original saga is justified. Sure, it attracted casual viewers, but even the real connoisseurs of the franchise regard the OS as the holy grail of the series. If you want to talk about something being 'overrated' or 'for casuals', look at the Persona Franchise (particularly the God-awful 5). It pales in comparison to SMT...
@Panky.. Ever played a real shin megoomi tensay game?