• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
I wonder if they'll change the Pokémon cards as well. With the current cadence, they can only fit Pikachu + 3 more Pokémon. In the original song, they sped this portion up to include more Pokémon however.

These are my predictions if they change it up:

* Kanto - Pikachu/Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charizard

* Johto - Pikachu/Bayleef/Quilava/Totodile

* Hoenn - Pikachu/Sceptile/Swellow/Corphish

* Sinnoh - Pikachu/Infernape/Torterra/Buizel

* Unova - Pikachu/Pignite/Snivy/Oshawott

* Kalos - Pikachu/Greninja/Talonflame/Hawlucha

* Alola - Pikachu/Incineroar/Rowlet/Lycanroc

* Journeys - Pikachu/Lucario/Dracovish/Sirfetch'd

Eevee903

You are awesome!
What if they changed the companion pictures too? They look like pictures from episodes,so changing those wouldn't be that hard. And what if at the end with the circle with the types,each time a companion returns, he/she gets added?

Btw that transition bstween Infernape and Greninja was clean.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
So the bare minimum? How much do you all want to bet that this has the most thought put into it?
How do you mean? I think its pretty smart to use iconic scenes from the past in the opening. Sure it looks like a bad amv,but the idea counts.

Last edited:

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Not counting Mimey (home), Squirtle + Primeape (in-training) and released/traded/temporary/uncaptured mons, Ash has exactly 44 Pokemon in reserve (Tauros is counted as a single entity) including his non-Pikachu JN team. Which is 4 reserves per 11 episodes.

It's still a weird choice to leave a slot empty and only have 4 reserves on hand at any point of time and I seriously doubt it's for Latias alone.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I know that they couldn’t due to natural disasters, but I really wish those episodes would have aired
They did promised to release those episodes later on, but from
what I’ve read the idea got scrapped with the introduction of Black/White 2.

It makes me sad, this episodes looked to amazing. It was also the first time that Team Rocket would face off against another criminal organization. Yes, we had seen the trio trying to mettle with Team Galactic, but in this case they had Giovanni supporting them plus they were competent, it was a totally different scenario.

If this arc had continued we might even had seen N as the leader of Team Plasma, instead of just running away from them. Which would’ve made for a more interesting plot.

I also like the mention of Team Rocket infiltrating a party for the most elite in Unova. Which probably means that some of the people who attended this party were politicians, business men etc. This arc had the potential to scratch on some other themes that are usually ignored in the pokemon world, such as politics, adding more depth to the series.

Guy100

Not counting Mimey (home), Squirtle + Primeape (in-training) and released/traded/temporary/uncaptured mons, Ash has exactly 44 Pokemon in reserve (Tauros is counted as a single entity) including his non-Pikachu JN team. Which is 4 reserves per 11 episodes.

It's still a weird choice to leave a slot empty and only have 4 reserves on hand at any point of time and I seriously doubt it's for Latias alone.
That point regarding the empty slot, is proof enough for me that Ash will be catching more Pokemon during this mini-arc.

It seems strongly hinted that Latias will be one of the new Pokemon Ash catches, but I'm wondering what other pokemon will they give to him. According to the first episode plot, Ash's only goal right now is to make new friends with Pokemon and possibly catch them.

I'm now curious about how it was never fully revealed of how Latias was injured in the first episode. I wonder if it following Ash will somehow reveal that mystery. I just hoping if the mystery behind Latias's injury gets revealed, it does not end up like the Meoletta scenario, of it just departing to fulfil some sacred duty.

I've mentioned before about Latias being is a fan favorite Pokemon, which is well known to the Pokemon anime team of writers, so I would assume it will play some time of role in the mini-arc, leading to a new capture.

Guy100

If to make a prediction during the next 10 episodes of this mini-arc. I assume a few of Ash's Pokemon on reserve may evolve, particulary the ones that are the least used, less charismatic, underwhelming or have less personality such as;

1) Quilava
2) Pignite
3) Boldore
4) Palpitoad
5) Primeape

However, I strongly think Ash will get a Typhosion, though it would be surprising if Ash's quilava evolved into a Hisuian Typhosion.

Boldore
and Palpitoad also seem like primary candidates to evovle, especially since they are one of the most underwhelming and the least popular of all of Ash's pokemon in my opinion.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

I mean, it may not be but Latias is probably the main reason why the roster’s missing a spot. Although that would depend on if we see her in a frame somewhere in I guess the next two eps in order to fully confirm that Latias is going to be a recurring wild mon.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
That point regarding the empty slot, is proof enough for me that Ash will be catching more Pokemon during this mini-arc.

It seems strongly hinted that Latias will be one of the new Pokemon Ash catches, but I'm wondering what other pokemon will they give to him. According to the first episode plot, Ash's only goal right now is to make new friends with Pokemon and possibly catch them.
I mean, it may not be but Latias is probably the main reason why the roster’s missing a spot. Although that would depend on if we see her in a frame somewhere in I guess the next two eps in order to fully confirm that Latias is going to be a recurring wild mon.
Uh no, I doubt there's any chance of new captures, outside of existing/returning and released ones like Larvitar, Greninja, Pidgeot etc. and probably that Latias. Even so, there's still no logic in keeping one slot open till it joins, instead of showcasing more reserves at a time.

MegaSalamence05

During these 11 episodes I just want 3 looming plot threads to be concluded.

Ho-oh and Zekrom. Team Rocket to be extinguished. The fact that Ho-oh even appeared with Ash and Goh at the end. Give me that proper closure. Zekrom was the catalyst for all of Ash's success. (Think about it and take the Unova league loss out of the question). We already had Reshiram in the Team Plasma arc. Bring us back Zekrom.

Now for Team Rocket. What purpose would they even have as antagonists in the new series without Ash and Pikachu. They're like Batman and Joker. They complete one another and I can't picture them without the other one there.

Gible should've been a Garchomp. At the very least it should've been brought to Unova or Alola. Quilava I understand why they did what they did but if there's a Pokémon that was shunned by Ash's Charizard's presence. It was Ash's Quilava. Primeape needs to return just to conclude that and provide Ash his lone Paldean Pokémon (Annhilape). Be comedic with it and Have Primeape steal his Hat if he comes back and have it Evolve.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don't see the point in that since Satoshi will no longer be an MC after this miniseries.
That’s basically the point. Give a last onscreen sendoff of some of Ash’s reserves since any changes for Ash will now permanently be done offscreen, assuming he’ll make cameos after its over.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That’s basically the point. Give a last onscreen sendoff of some of Ash’s reserves since any changes for Ash will now permanently be done offscreen, assuming he’ll make cameos after its over.
That is, if we ever see Ash again outside of a rebooted version of the OS, like what Digimon did recently with Digimon Adventure.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
He will probably will it the new anime is ****. Basically what they did with Charizard in BW

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Team Rocket to be extinguished.

Now for Team Rocket. What purpose would they even have as antagonists in the new series without Ash and Pikachu. They're like Batman and Joker. They complete one another and I can't picture them without the other one there.
Of course, though I do think it -would- be possible to keep TRio since they're 1.) Comedy Relief 2.) Kind of not as essential to staying tied to one series.

I'm not sure if they will and it would sound silly but I could see them simply appearing here and there to absolutely steal Pokemon from Roy and Riko, their school or friends. Though they're absolutely reaffirmed several times they're hunting Pikachu to the end of their lives so they have personal investment in that stake and following Satoshi around forever. Do I think they will stay? Nah. I just could see TR as being the most integratable of characters since they're very malleable comedy characters and not tied to a narrative or staleness/mandate like Satoshi.
The fact that Ho-oh even appeared with Ash and Goh at the end. Give me that proper closure. Zekrom was the catalyst for all of Ash's success. (Think about it and take the Unova league loss out of the question). We already had Reshiram in the Team Plasma arc. Bring us back Zekrom.
I agree about Ho-Oh, the slapdash last appearance riding on Lugia was sweet but the anime had already been "ignoring" Ho-Oh for a while (since AG was the last time he spotted it until PM2019) I don't think it was meant to be much but a guiding figure for Satoshi to inspire onward with. Even I Choose You! ends with the encounter and it resurrecting Satoshi...but their fated battle is off-screened....

Can you clarify on Zekrom? If you're referring to the "power-up" Pikachu got and it's ideals surrounding Satoshi...I assume.

Torpoleon

Those scenes with Infernape & Greninja in the new opening were absolutely perfect!

MegaSalamence05

Of course, though I do think it -would- be possible to keep TRio since they're 1.) Comedy Relief 2.) Kind of not as essential to staying tied to one series.

I'm not sure if they will and it would sound silly but I could see them simply appearing here and there to absolutely steal Pokemon from Roy and Riko, their school or friends. Though they're absolutely reaffirmed several times they're hunting Pikachu to the end of their lives so they have personal investment in that stake and following Satoshi around forever. Do I think they will stay? Nah. I just could see TR as being the most integratable of characters since they're very malleable comedy characters and not tied to a narrative or staleness/mandate like Satoshi.

Can you clarify on Zekrom? If you're referring to the "power-up" Pikachu got and it's ideals surrounding Satoshi...I assume.

If Team Rocket were to return. Let it be Annie and Oakley from M05 or Butch and Cassidy.

In regards to Zekrom ever since that fateful appearance at the beginning of Black and White that saga was used to knock Pikachu down a peg after its performance to a draw vs Tobias' Latios. That's why it lost against Trip's Snivy. It's all about lessons. After Pikachu was beaten by Cameron's Lucario. Look what happened. Became a Metagross slayer. Became a Psuedo defeating machine in Kalos. Was sought out by a Legendary deity in Alola (Tapu Koko). Became a World Champion but ever since that fateful day with Zekrom. There has been far more positives than negatives.

While Ash and Zekrom it's a little more nuanced. I'm looking more of it through the lens specifically through Pikachu and not through Ash. As I look at what Infernape did with Moltres as the comparison here