• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

KukuiFanatic501

it wouldn't be anti-climactic to me, because of how we don't know what the goal entails, I mean does Ash have to do things in all aspects? like being a coordinator which we know he's not good at, or a doctor like brock? Who would honestly trust ash with care on that level?
To be fair, Ash doing coordinator type things wasn’t something he was bad at. The 2 Sinnoh contests he did in DP funny enough did have him get to the battle rounds and both times he did pretty good, just losing because he didn’t focus on the appeal aspect and only the battling one lol. But that was at the time when Ash was only Uber focused on battling and didn’t do other side quests like he did in SM/JN

Anyways, I see what your saying but to me it would feel that way since Ash has been around with us for the past 25 years so it feels more appropriate for a long time protagonist like that to get an actual tangible conclusion rather than an off screen thing.

But ofc we have to wait and see what the 11 episodes do first before saying such.
Anyway I respect your opinions dude...I was hoping to wake up today to the forum being calmer...it's only worse than yesterday, to the point where one wrong post might get a person attacked...
Oh absolutely.

Red and Blue

So Ash's story is concluding then? Good. After beating Leon there was really nowhere else for him to go

elrato

Well if you wanted to earn the petty reward, I’d say you earned it lmao

And neither do I so I guess that’s one thing we can agree on at least.

Okay and like others I disagree with the sentiment he’s boring, that there isn’t more he couldn’t be doing when there is and that he’s an enjoyable character. Simple as that too.

Not here to change your view of Ash, but don’t sit here laughing at mine or others viewpoints that have concerns over this.

Never suggested it was
I am not laughing at you, I quite literally don't care enough about what you want or don't want to happen to even think of laughing. I simply think current Ash is bad, I think people that like him are free to like him but I am free to say "I don't care for him, I am glad he is gone, the character has sucked for a long time and a fresh start is previsely what I want".

Enjoying media is like going to the bathroom: it is something no one else can do for you.

KukuiFanatic501

Well it's finally happening. I honestly can't wait to see these final 11 episodes of Ash's journey. I'm interested in seeing what these two new character's we're gonna be following will be like. Even better, it's actually gotten me even more curious about the future of the anime. I wonder if we're gonna be sticking with these two new characters for just the Paldea region, and then they'll just keep swapping to new characters for each region, or if these will be our two that we follow for awhile.

Despite all of the flaws with the characterization and what not of Ash, it's been many years so I'm personally gonna miss him, but it's been a ride at least.
This is another thing that worries me too, besides the fact that they’re taking a huge risk in dropping the franchises mascots (and Team Rocket) with this.

If Riko is related to Ash, then are they gonna pull another Boruto type thing?

If Riko and the boy (can’t remember his name yet) are gonna be swapped out after Gen 9s done, then is this gonna be the Digimon/Yugioh/Beyblade route?

KukuiFanatic501

I am not laughing at you, I quite literally don't care enough about what you want or don't want to happen to even think of laughing. I simply think current Ash is bad, I think people that like him are free to like him but I am free to say "I don't care for him, I am glad he is gone, the character has sucked for a long time and a fresh start is previsely what I want".

Enjoying media is like going to the bathroom: it is something no one else can do for you.
Fair. My apologies then for assuming otherwise btw.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
We could explore the whole world with Riko and Roy and Paldea being the main focus. I just want them to have a backstory and not random Trainer A and B that we are following.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
You mean 02? but even after that we had many new digimon protag's and he didn't get his turn again until Tri
And last evolution and reboot 2020 !

This is another thing that worries me too, besides the fact that they’re taking a huge risk in dropping the franchises mascots (and Team Rocket) with this.

If Riko is related to Ash, then are they gonna pull another Boruto type thing?

If Riko and the boy (can’t remember his name yet) are gonna be swapped out after Gen 9s done, then is this gonna be the Digimon/Yugioh/Beyblade route?
They better not try to pull another Boruto type thing. I've long forgotten that Boruto has even existed.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Welp, I guess we'll find out in a few months if we'll get that timeskip into the future where Amourshipping has become canon (or something else that shows Amour having become canon). I can't remember exactly what was said, but weren't we told by official staff to expect that Ash and Serena to one day become a thing?

KukuiFanatic501

They better not try to pull another Boruto type thing. I've long forgotten that Boruto has even existed.
Personally I like Boruto in some ways, but I’m speaking more from a general audience and fanbase perspective on this issue. Pokemon’s anime has never exactly been known for its stellar writing, even compared to series like Naruto, and Boruto is a clear example of a sequel series not getting well received by fans of the original (and Ash is arguably much more iconic than Naruto). That and with Goh already having been the punching bag of the fanbase since JN started, showing that new characters for Pokémon in recent times have had difficulties being likeable, there’s a lot of risks with this direction. Especially for ratings.

And I don’t want them to go Beyblade/Yugioh route with the new protagonists being crappy knockoffs (Beyblade Burst especially). Pokémon always avoided this problem with Ash having been around far longer than Yugi, Taichi and the others, but now with Riko and Roy coming, this may become an issue.
Welp, I guess we'll find out in a few months if we'll get that timeskip into the future where Amourshipping has become canon (or something else that shows Amour having become canon). I can't remember exactly what was said, but weren't we told by official staff to expect that Ash and Serena to one day become a thing?
That was Yajima when he was the head writer of the series for XY and he stepped out after SM came. So there’s nothing saying this is still word of god (but who knows at this point).

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I've said a long time ago that I'm not going to follow the anime if Ash and Pikachu aren't the leads anymore.

I guess this is it. I'm not too mournful. The Masters 8 clearly showed there was nowhere to go - even with freshly caught pokemon.

The one resentment these 11 episodes need to take away is the utter lack of reserve usage during those stages. I like Sirfetch'd and Lucario, but the others feel so tacked on - even if Dragonite was part of this team since Journeys on set - and this is something that really started to annoy me since the end of Sun and Moon (Naganadel and Melmetal especially).

Wow. This feels unreal.
Hope we return to Ash in a future short series with more fun, exciting adventures from time to time.

Or at least future series, to have the same continuity so that he doesn't get forgotten.

Ash and Pikachu will not be forgotten. They are one of the biggest cultural icons coming out of Japan ever - basically on par with Mario and simply nothing else comes close.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
16-episode validation aside (doubters begone), I think this is a perfect idea. Don't tie the ending of Ash specifically to Goh, but make it about Ash and his journey.

11 episodes is enough for 1 episode per friend "subsection" (Misty/Brock/May and Max/Dawn/Iris/Cilan/Bonnie and Clemont/Serena/Alola Crew/Goh). If we're lucky, it plays out like this (assuming May's VA is willing to do so) and we have 1 last episode of Ash on his own walking into the sunset or something.

Gary/Latias can be interweaved into some of the episodes here or something.

I'm hoping that they execute this sendoff well. End of an era.