• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

KukuiFanatic501

Another question too. If Ash is retired and doesn’t cameo, at least for a very long time, what about the companions who still have to get their goals?

You think we’ll get at least some kind of progress for them on their last hurrah?

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
I believe that this will be Journeys all over again. I believe that the home base will once again be Professor Cerise’s lab, with Liko and Roy becoming the new research fellows to replace Ash and Gou, with Chloe also returning.
What would be the point of the new series with new protags if they were literally just gonna revert to the previous series premise. C’mon man I know you’ve had some bad takes but this is just ridiculous.

ZarudeSandstorm

doofinc

get rillaboomed
A long time ago someone in these forums (I don't remember who, I'm sorry) said that if they ever got rid of Ash, they would promote it months in advance, and that's exactly what they are doing. The weird timings (since the natural thing was for all of these to end with the release of the new games) is what has made this very confusing.
Yea the argument was solid in a vacuum, but it did clash with trying to not spoil the outcome of Ash vs. Leon especially with the standard timelines. I don't think anybody considered a multi-month epilogue lol - so now both ended up working out.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
We never got a reason why Cilan was so scared of Purrloin, man. C'mon, make it happen, Pokemon writers.

Lelouch-Red

I have to say something as well:

Pokemon first aired in Germany in 1999. I was 4 year old when I met Ash, Pikachu, Misty and Brock. We did have a VHS recorder, and when I went to kindergarden, my dad would record the series for me to watch it at home. Funnily enough, my dad wrote on the VHS's "Pokeman" since he was used to "-man" because for my love for Batman. So he immediaetly thought it must be - man and so wrote "Pokeman".

My first games were Red/Blue, I'm here since gen 1. The news today that Ash retiring hit me really hard. Not only Ash, but the Pokemon anime in general will not be the same as we millenials knew. Ash and his Pikachu, as for me, is deeply connected to me, since they were a big part of my happy, funny childhood. I met such great friends through pokemon, played the games, watched the anime together, played cards and such on.

I watched almost all of the seasons. I skipped BW for the reset and SM for its art-style. Picked up again when Journeys released. Since Journeys was wrapping all the plots from the previous generations, I had the feeling this might be Ash's last adventure. But to be truth, I expected a time skip, in which Ash would play the mentor role to the new protagonist, since S/V has a school setting like SM.

Ash and his Pikachu leaving, 25 years of culmination of our adventure with him is really ending,,,, It feels like that I lost somehting inside, probably its my childhood, either way its really heartbreaking. Am I sentimental? Yes, did I teared up? Yes. Will I cry watching these last 11 episodes? Probably yes.

But then friends, we are blessed to witness Ash's and Pikachu's closure. A closure to the end of an era, to all his friends too. But also us millenials, its maybe a good time to say goodbye to our childhood as well. Thats it, we did grow up.

So well, thank you Ash for inspiring me, I may not be a pokemon master, but I became an Ingenieur and have a long life dream that I chase, just like you. Thank you again for the 25 years. You, your pokemon, your friends, you all will be missed but remembered deeply in my heart.

//

As for the new series, probably I will give it a chance, but to be honest, I will probably drop it immediately, because I can't replace Ash and Pikachu for other protagonists.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
One of the biggest pitfalls I hope gets avoided is having the protagonists be interesting enough to hold their own show. If they are too much like Ash and Goh, then it would be pointless to have them exist in the first place. This was the issue with Davis in Digimon 02. The other issue was the writing room was full of belligerent personalities and the director didn’t step into the fray to tell them to play nice, but whatever. This is why you don’t have 2 heads of story.

KukuiFanatic501

One of the biggest pitfalls I hope gets avoided is having the protagonists be interesting enough to hold their own show. If they are too much like Ash and Goh, then it would be pointless to have them exist in the first place. This was the issue with Davis in Digimon 02. The other issue was the writing room was full of belligerent personalities and the director didn’t step into the fray to tell them to play nice, but whatever. This is why you don’t have 2 heads of story.
The fact this girl is going the gym quest again (which already is immediately weird when the PWC is supposed to exist?) and is supposed to be Uber battle hungry already makes me worried that she’s gonna be an Ash knock off.

Pokeshipper_

Growing with Ash and the original trio since day one and now seeing them together for Ash's final journey is really emotional. I can't describe how I feel about it. I really thought, like many of us, this day could never happen. I will try to enjoy these last episodes in the best way, like the end of an era, because maybe then...

KukuiFanatic501

Growing with Ash and the original trio since day one and now seeing them together for Ash's final journey is really emotional. I can't describe how I feel about it. I really thought, like many of us, this day could never happen. I will try to enjoy these last episodes in the best way, like the end of an era, because maybe then...
This makes me feel really proud in a way too, even if I’m not too upbeat about the future of the series

Like, imagine all of the Pokémon fans over the years (probably old family members too) who’ve passed on without ever seeing or even acknowledging the possibility of Ash ever making it to where he is now and getting to see it within their lifetimes. Seeing him go from the loser he’s been branded with for years to the strongest champion and being given closure. No one would’ve even remotely considered this would be possible back then but look where we are now

I’m still upset Ash is going and not too positive about the future. But I do feel proud that I’ll be able to see this happen within my lifetime rather than go out never knowing what happens to Ash.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
This is hitting me really hard : '(

I'm actually tearing up a lot not going to lie.

I cried for a good 10 minutes after hearing Sarah's retrospective on voicing this character. Combine that with the fact that the anime is basically how I got into Pokemon and made a bunch of friends and got to where I was because of the anime...yeah, it's hard not to cry and be a little upset, even though I've been aware of this news for hours now.