• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

Tobunarimo

Bird-Brain Banter

World Turtle

would there be a point to this? there's not much they could do in these 11 episodes in terms of development with new captures, even if they seem cool in practice.

Maybe to further add the boom to the "end the show with a bang" thing?

There is probably a number of Pokemon they considered to give Ash, but they didn't make the "Pikachu + 5" Team cut. Honestly, something like that could be saved for an end credits sequence. Just still images of Ash meeting and bonding with various Pokemon with the implication he's caught them.

The other option is a a trip to the Kanto Safari Zone which now features Pokemon from multiple regions. Though frankly giving him 30 more in one episode seems like a bit much.

EDIT: They should totally have Ash catch a Clefairy seeing as IIRC he was originally going to have one, but they went with Pikachu instead.

Tobunarimo

Bird-Brain Banter
Something I just realized about all those “is Riko Ashs daughter” theories.

If that really was the case, wouldn’t Riko have the same Z cheek patterns on her face like Ash does? Like how in Boruto, Himawari has Naruto’s cat whiskers?
Fox Whiskers

And maybe they're recessive? We know he didn't get them from his mom.

Tobunarimo

Bird-Brain Banter
is the ash cope still here? XD

Yeah...

But it's an essentially "Ash's Goodbye" thread. I'm sure it'll stick for a while. I mean, we still have the muck that is Serena leaving gunking up the place.

KukuiFanatic501

Gohan doesn’t have goku’s appetite, nor his personality. You wouldn’t think this scholarly gentleman was the son of a space monkey.
Goten has it though

Nah but really Ashs Z patterns are basically like Narutos fox whiskers. It seems pretty strange that his supposed daughter wouldn’t have them.
Fox Whiskers

And maybe they're recessive? We know he didn't get them from his mom.
To be fair Naruto didn’t get his fox whiskers from either Minato or Kushina. Your point is still fair though.

Tobunarimo

Bird-Brain Banter
To be fair Naruto didn’t get his fox whiskers from either Minato or Kushina. Your point is still fair though.

Honestly I think the only reason Himawari got the whiskers was because if she didn't, no one would be able to tell that Hinata's daughter was Naruto's in the final chapter.

Not that it mattered too much, considering the heavy promotion of The Last and later Boruto, the dots would've connected.

Either that or Kishimoto was just lazy, he admitted he had forgotten to give the kids the Byakugan on the final chapter since it was supposed to be a dominant trait, so instead they retconned it to be a trigger for them.

Kein

AKA Silktree
The guy is literally the world Champion and has the Monarch title to defend; and you want to watch him defend his crummy Alolan League title lol?
And either way, I think that the animators are tired from battles. It would be nice to see all of Ash's Pokemon storm Team Rocket's HQ, though.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Only thing that spoils this for me is that when I watch the dub, we’ll hear May’s voice as Misty, which is a shame as Misty’s original voice actress would like to reprise the role and returned in DP to voice Maylene.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Don't blame you. My dub stil has all three original VA's, so I am lucky.
It’s not even that the actors are replaced, I’m fine with Ash, Team Rocket and Brock, it’s just that they use the actress who voiced May, and she uses the May voice instead of doing a new one.
And since Misty’a original voice actress returned to voice another character after everyone was replaced, it would be nice if they asked her to do Misty again.

Guy100

would there be a point to this? there's not much they could do in these 11 episodes in terms of development with new captures, even if they seem cool in practice.
I think the point of new captures, especially Legendaries, would just show Ash's love for wanting to train and connect more with Pokemon based on his love of wanting meet and make many Pokemon friends and to get stronger, by meeting new ones he's never seen, as he revealed in ep 136.

Also, I didn't like Ash was nerfed in the Lugia raid battle, by having him not use mega evolutions or z moves, to show off his strength as the world strongest trainer. If ep 136 was going to be the final season of journey's at least end it off by showing how strong and competent of a world class trainer Ash is by enabling him to take down a strong iconic legendary like Lugia which has a high difficulty capture rate in games.

But yes, I would like for more captures to happen in these final series, and a rap up to the question of what is a pokemon master.

TheNewGuy

Of all the lots you want to cast, you choose to throw lots SatoSereFan who has literally advocated mutilation of Ash for cheap drama.

The post you quoted when you insulted him and anyone else who might think it's time for Ash to go included none of that.

Just saying you went too far and probably should have apologised there and then, but especially now Ash is definitively leaving. Not just you though, of course, as there are plenty who threw out some pretty disrespectful language over the last few weeks when the possibility of Ash leaving was raised.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
How do you think the anime will end? A shot of Ash and Pikachu with all their friends?

I expect it to end exactly how Vikings ended. Ash and Pikachu sitting on the beach looking off into the sunset.

KukuiFanatic501

A shot of Ash and Pikachu running off in some random route to indicate that their journey continues.
Something similar happened in Bakugan too when Dan and Drago secretly snuck off from their friends to travel to someplace unknown, wanting to retire (or take a break for a while) and let someone else have a chance at becoming the strongest.

Last edited: