• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Friendly reminder that they only got rid of Misty because back then the director was sexist and thought that Misty was growing stale to the male gaze and wanted to bring in a new female so that guys could moon over.

Yes because that’s what men lust after, ten year olds.
Um...pretty sure he was talking about the kids who were watching the show.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
IIRC, there have only been 3 pokegirls that have commented on marrying or crushing on Ash; Misty, Dawn and Serena. Make that as you will.
It was a running tradition until BW (or rather, it didn’t happen in BW to be more accurate) for the main characters to be teased about liking each other. At least in Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping, and Pearlshipping, it was mutual. Misty, May, Dawn, Serena, Lana, and almost Lillie Bayleef were teased of liking him or him being their boyfriend. Other canon crushes were the Latias girl from Movie 5, Anabel in AG, Angie from DP, and possibly Melody from Movie 2.
Friendly reminder that they only got rid of Misty because back then the director was sexist and thought that Misty was growing stale to the male gaze and wanted to bring in a new female so that guys could moon over.

Yes because that’s what men lust after, ten year olds.
Shudo said it was either her or the TRio.

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
It was a running tradition until BW (or rather, it didn’t happen in BW to be more accurate)
What? I mean, it wasn’t as often as Misty and Dawn teasing/accused about liking Ash and there wasn’t a whole episode of a crazy “couple” accusing them to be in love like with Ash and May, but I do remember a couple episodes where Cilan says he believes Ash & Iris secretly like each other/being perfect for each other.

@OP: Well I never thought this would happen, though I’m really glad Ash doesn’t have to get dragged through the mud anymore to promote the games. Can’t help feel sad, but I didn’t really care for Ash’s character since AG series ended. Really hope for some closure for him & others, but for anyone not Ash, Brock, Misty I doubt we’ll see them much.

I really hope James’s problems with Jessabelle/his parents get resolved, & that Jessie finds out what happened to her mom. And Meowth finds true love. And thus, they all leave TR, but stay close like a family. Probably too much to ask for an 11 episode series, though.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
What? I mean, it wasn’t as often as Misty and Dawn teasing/accused about liking Ash and there wasn’t a whole episode of a crazy “couple” accusing them to be in love like with Ash and May, but I do remember a couple episodes where Cilan says he believes Ash & Iris secretly like each other/being perfect for each other.
I mean I didn’t really view it that way but yes, I do remember Dento saying they have a harmonious relationship or something along those lines a couple of times when they would be bickering. At least they brought back Ashley in that fun costume episode.
I really hope James’s problems with Jessabelle/his parents get resolved, & that Jessie finds out what happened to her mom. And Meowth finds true love. And thus, they all leave TR, but stay close like a family. Probably too much to ask for an 11 episode series, though.
I’d like to see this happen too. I hope he reunites with Growlie.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I can totally see Ash going off to MT. silver to train at the end. Thus linking him back to Red
That reminds me we did see Ash climbing a snowy montain on the Pokémon Masters trailer that hyped his inclusion in the game.

Just saying though

(also that didn't really happen in the game)

Lelouch-Red

I just hope that not half of these take place in KANTOOOOOOO!
It would be nice if the Brockster and Mermaid meet all the other companions.
I wonder why Ash suddenly explores the world once again. I mean what brings him closer to be a Pokemon Master now than in Journeys,when he also travelled the world?
its literally written in the description. He wants to meet pokemon, which he has an already special bond but couldn't see them for a long time. I theorize that Ash will meet: Pidgeot, Butterfree (not in Powerpoint slide this time), Squirtle, Primeape, Larvitar, Goodra, Ambipom etc.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I just hope that not half of these take place in KANTOOOOOOO!
It would be nice if the Brockster and Mermaid meet all the other companions.
I wonder why Ash suddenly explores the world once again. I mean what brings him closer to be a Pokemon Master now than in Journeys,when he also travelled the world?
Who knows? During JN, he was a "researcher" checking facts around the other regions along with Go, taking the PWC challenge, meeting old friends for help or just doing unusual things like decorate cakes.

Now, he's supposedly travelling specifically to find what "Pokemon Master" means to him.

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
goddamn it's ending
i feel old

I'll definitely catch the episodes, if for nothing but a need of closure. I wonder how TPCi will dub it

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Again, the poster is just that: a poster. There is nothing suggesting the things on it were supposed to actually happen in the show. Hell, most of the things haven't.
Sure, but a Charizard with a Charmander on it's back next to a Bulbasaur and Squirtle? That's not random stock art.

colomb

He literally said they like to switch up the girls specifically because it gives the boys new eye candy for a while. That is straight up sexist and creepy to sexualize ten year olds but welcome to the Japanese anime business.

You don’t think in todays social climate if the Pokémon anime director gave those answers it wouldn’t go viral? It would go viral just based on it being Pokémon related.

The social climate back then is nothing like it is now. It absolutely would have become a problem for the Pokémon company if the director made those comments now.
Yes it is creepy, the entire Japanese entertainment business is run by those sort of people.
It was an interview with an obscure fansite regarding a show that isn't culturally relevant anymore so no guarantee it gets mainstream attention. If it did there would certainly be backlash. Serena in the Pokevision episode literally says girls should make themselves look cute and Jessie says stuff about "sex appeal" in a later xy episode, and that got zero backlash. The show hasn't been relevant in the west since Pokemon Craze and isn't going to cause that much of a stir.