• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer

Guy100

Uh no, I doubt there's any chance of new captures, outside of existing/returning and released ones like Larvitar, Greninja, Pidgeot etc. and probably that Latias. Even so, there's still no logic in keeping one slot open till it joins, instead of showcasing more reserves at a time.
We will just have to agree to disagree on this.

If the writers never intended to allude to the possibility of new captures during this mini adventure, then they wouldn't be showcasing Ash only having a team of 5 Pokemon, with a 6th vacent slot, and then referencing Ash's mom revealing his goal to make new friends (Pokemon), and further have Ash narrate the next episode of wanting to catch more Pokemon, which is the plot of episode 2.

To me, these are all hints to whats to come in this adventure; new captures, evolutions, and Latias possibly bonding more with Ash to perhaps become his new Pokemon.

In all my years of watching the Pokemon anime, Ash often catches a new Pokemon during an adventure story arc, involving a personal goal he strives to want to achieve, which for this new story focuses on him wanting to make new Pokemon friends (catching them), while wanting to be a pokemon master. And by the end of this final chapter, he will accomplish his goal of making a new friend, whether it be Latias or other new Pokemon.

Guy100

I don't see the point in that since Satoshi will no longer be an MC after this miniseries.
Yet that would be saying the same thing about this current adventure, seeing how all Ash is doing is rotating Pokemon we've already seen and meeting people and Pokemon we're familiar with. A new adventure can have nostalgia but also introduce new things; new captures and more growth (pokemon evolution).

Also, just because Ash will no longer be the main character, does not mean he will stop progressing a character seeing how the new pokemon anime story will likely take place in the same universe continuity, which means Ash will return sooner or later.

MunchMunch

I also think the places Ash Misty and Brock will be traveling too will be pretty vague so they can stuff in as many Pokemon as possible without it being tied to any region. That's the vibe episode 1 gave me

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yet that would be saying the same thing about this current adventure, seeing how all Ash is doing is rotating Pokemon we've already seen and meeting people and Pokemon we're familiar with. A new adventure can have nostalgia but also introduce new things; new captures and more growth (pokemon evolution).

Also, just because Ash will no longer be the main character, does not mean he will stop progressing a character seeing how the new pokemon anime story will likely take place in the same universe continuity, which means Ash will return sooner or later.
But, it might not. It's unconfirmed if this new series will even be canon to the past 25 years of the anime's history.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I also think the places Ash Misty and Brock will be traveling too will be pretty vague so they can stuff in as many Pokemon as possible without it being tied to any region. That's the vibe episode 1 gave me
Same. I got the vibe as if they are gonna travel around those green fields, without arriving on specific towns or locations.

Gingertail24

We will just have to agree to disagree on this.

If the writers never intended to allude to the possibility of new captures during this mini adventure, then they wouldn't be showcasing Ash only having a team of 5 Pokemon, with a 6th vacent slot, and then referencing Ash's mom revealing his goal to make new friends (Pokemon), and further have Ash narrate the next episode of wanting to catch more Pokemon, which is the plot of episode 2.

To me, these are all hints to whats to come in this adventure; new captures, evolutions, and Latias possibly bonding more with Ash to perhaps become his new Pokemon.

In all my years of watching the Pokemon anime, Ash often catches a new Pokemon during an adventure story arc, involving a personal goal he strives to want to achieve, which for this new story focuses on him wanting to make new Pokemon friends (catching them), while wanting to be a pokemon master. And by the end of this final chapter, he will accomplish his goal of making a new friend, whether it be Latias or other new Pokemon.
You putting way to much hope in a series that has baited many people many times. Idk why people are treating "hints" as absolute certainty by this point. Not saying it's 100% won't happen but acting like it's absolutely certain is odd

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Predictions:
-Episode 4 will have Iris
-Episode 5 will have Tracey
-Episode 6 will have Bonnie/Clemont/Greninja
-Episode 7 will have Serena/May/Max
-Episode 8 will have Dawn and Ambipom
-Episode 9 will have the Aloloans.
-Episode 10 will have Gou and Chloe.
-Episode 11 will be a last one in Kanto with the original trio.

Master Pikachu 11

If Goh comes back, unovamaster kinda legit wins lol
He still wouldn’t win because he was saying that Goh would be the main character and take the title from Ash and that we would be following him instead and because he made those statements constantly, makes him not win. Besides Goh coming back for an episode was likely since they already mentioned that a lot of the travel companions would show up in this 11 arc series to begin with.

Guy100

You putting way to much hope in a series that has baited many people many times. Idk why people are treating "hints" as absolute certainty by this point. Not saying it's 100% won't happen but acting like it's absolutely certain is odd
Times have changed and based on how the pokemon anime has been fulfilling alot of fanservice of recently by making Ash the world champ, and allowing him to have a team of fan favorite pokemon ( Dragonite, Lucario and Gengar) in which he used to best a majority of the strongest trainers in the Pokemon World gives me more reason to hope for better things to come, especially since this is Ash's farewell as the main protagonist.

So far the anime has been on an amazing streak to appease fans so I dont see a reason why the anime would bother stop now. They can now legitimately do whatever they want with Ash. I wouldn't even be surprised if Ash caught both Lugia and Mewtwo at the finale of this mini-arc.

It seems pointless for why the staff should hold back when they've already made Ash the strongest trainer.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Predictions:
-Episode 4 will have Iris
-Episode 5 will have Tracey
-Episode 6 will have Bonnie/Clemont/Greninja
-Episode 7 will have Serena/May/Max
-Episode 8 will have Dawn and Ambipom
-Episode 9 will have the Aloloans.
-Episode 10 will have Gou and Chloe.
-Episode 11 will be a last one in Kanto with the original trio.
Where does Gary fit in? Episode 11?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Even ignoring the logistical hurdles in getting a scene from the last episode done enough that it can be put in the trailer, the question Gary asks is the same question this final series is intending to explore, so it works more as an impetus rather than a resolution moment.

game3524

Even ignoring the logistical hurdles in getting a scene from the last episode done enough that it can be put in the trailer, the question Gary asks is the same question this final series is intending to explore, so it works more as an impetus rather than a resolution moment.

Yeah. It is the fourth episode. I think nuzamaki90 is probably right (Originally, I thought it would be a Brock centric episode). But Gary returning in episode 4 and basically kicking off the main storyline after the reintroductions of Brock and Misty makes sense.