• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ah yes can't wait for my favorite episode of the anime: TBD.
That reminds me of that amazing TBD 3-parter we got. That arc was straight out fire

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh ye, I just realized that they never had any of Ash's starters that fully evolved use any of the three ultimate starter moves (Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, and Hydro Cannon)

Kind of weird ngl since there were plenty of opportunities for such :>

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Oh ye, I just realized that they never had any of Ash's starters that fully evolved use any of the three ultimate start moves (Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, and Hydro Cannon)

Kind of weird ngl since there were plenty of opportunities for such :>
the ultimate starter moves are oddly rare. Alain's zard was the first time Blast Burn was ever used, and I'm pretty sure Paul and Sawyer are the only ones who have ever used Frenzy Plant, same for Barry and Hydro Cannon

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
May's opponent in one of the Kanto Contests had a Venusaur that used Frenzy Plant as well.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Erm Trip’s Serperior used Frenzy Plant

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

the ultimate starter moves are oddly rare. Alain's zard was the first time Blast Burn was ever used, and I'm pretty sure Paul and Sawyer are the only ones who have ever used Frenzy Plant, same for Barry and Hydro Cannon
Actually, Frenzy Plant was also used by a COTD named Jeremy with his Venusaur during the AG saga in the Battle Frontier arc who was also the first to debut the ultimate moves. And Frenzy Plant was used by Trip's Serperior as well. Frenzy Plant is basically the most used Ultimate move in the anime.

Hydro Cannon was also used by Tierno's Blastoise, same with Gary's. And was used by Kenny's Empoleon and Cameron's Samurott.

Blast Burn is the oddity where it debuted in XY with Alain's Charizard and then used again by Kukui's Incineroar since the other two Ultimate moves debuted many years ago.

And ironically, XY was the series where the ultimate moves have been heavily featured and very frequently used.

MegaSalamence05

If any of Ash's starters that either deserved to evolve/learn one of the starters moves. I always though it was to be Ash's Bulbasaur/Venusaur.

As an example Bulbasaur chose not to evolve not because he wanted to. But because he chose not due to timing.

(That's how I always understood it because Charmander/Charizard was always to be the focal point while Bulbasaur was the 2nd with Squirtle in 3rd in terms of focus).

Not Sceptile, Not Charizard, Not Greninja, Not Infernape, Not Torterra. Nor any other starter for that matter. The only other one that I could of that would fit the criteria would be Ash's Quilava/Typhlosion. As sure you could easily teach it but to make it mean something is another.

PsychoLogical

If any of Ash's starters that either deserved to evolve/learn one of the starters moves. I always though it was to be Ash's Bulbasaur/Venusaur.

As an example Bulbasaur chose not to evolve not because he wanted to. But because he chose not due to timing.

(That's how I always understood it because Charmander/Charizard was always to be the focal point while Bulbasaur was the 2nd with Squirtle in 3rd in terms of focus).

Not Sceptile, Not Charizard, Not Greninja, Not Infernape, Not Torterra. Nor any other starter for that matter. The only other one that I could of that would fit the criteria would be Ash's Quilava/Typhlosion. As sure you could easily teach it but to make it mean something is another.
I mean, Charizard was practically a prime candidate of using it. At least in my eyes since it was constantly training and always seemed to come back with new moves to use. You'd think it would've been perfect to debut Blast Burn but I guess not.

MegaSalamence05

I mean, Charizard was practically a prime candidate of using it. At least in my eyes since it was constantly training and always seemed to come back with new moves to use. You'd think it would've been perfect to debut Blast Burn but I guess not.
The only reason why I don't say Charizard especially now is because he got Overheat instead. Which at the time was more impressive because you'd think it would've Fire Blast instead but it didn't. With Blast Burn how would they honestly have animiated it with Charizard and make it look different. Is what I mean.