• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

On Serena kissing Ash (from Reddit)
I actually think it was meant to close out Serena’s arc and doesn’t really lend itself to Ash x Serena shipping as much as people think it does.

Throughout XY Serena not only had issues telling Ash how she felt, but she had issues being honest with herself and people around her in the first place. Serena kissing Ash was her taking control of a situation. She did something she wanted to do without second guessing and over explaining it and just did it. And she was able to do it because Ash gave her confidence throughout their journey.

I don’t necessarily see it as romantic, Ash’s only love is Pokémon, no matter how bad people want it to be romantic it wasn’t. Because the writers would never put Ash in a fully romantic situation. Which is why I think all theories on how the anime ending with Serena x Ash being endgame are silly, Ash is never going to be shown with a girlfriend or anything of the sort. You can fantasise and theorise but it’ll never come to fruition.

But anyway, I got off track. Serena’s kiss wasn’t meant to be “hey I’m in love with you” it was closing out her arc, her saying thank you for an incredible journey and experiences and for his friendship.

This is further proof in her Journeys return - they only met briefly but their interaction was clean and fresh. She was simply happy to tell him what she was up to - no stuttering, no jealousy, just happy to tell him she’s still working to achieve her goal.

Her talk with Chloe and hearing her development was also confirmation that her journey with Ash was about her own self confidence. The reason the crush/kiss is never referred to is because it doesn’t need to be. If you watch it without shipper goggles you can see what it was for.

This isn’t meant to rattle anyone. I know this sub has a lot of hardcore shippers, but Ash is not that type of character and Pokémon isn’t that type of show, so I don’t buy into it, nor support the theories. Take this how you will, but this is how I see it.

This user claims that Serena kissing Ash was her “letting go” of her crush. Does it make sense? No, not from a shipping context. But Serena kissing Ash as a way “to kiss her childish love goodbye” kind of makes sense, which further explains her lack of blushing and interest in Ash in JN105.

Last edited:

ShuckFam

I actually think it was meant to close out Serena’s arc and doesn’t really lend itself to Ash x Serena shipping as much as people think it does.

Throughout XY Serena not only had issues telling Ash how she felt, but she had issues being honest with herself and people around her in the first place. Serena kissing Ash was her taking control of a situation. She did something she wanted to do without second guessing and over explaining it and just did it. And she was able to do it because Ash gave her confidence throughout their journey.

I don’t necessarily see it as romantic, Ash’s only love is Pokémon, no matter how bad people want it to be romantic it wasn’t. Because the writers would never put Ash in a fully romantic situation. Which is why I think all theories on how the anime ending with Serena x Ash being endgame are silly, Ash is never going to be shown with a girlfriend or anything of the sort. You can fantasise and theorise but it’ll never come to fruition.

But anyway, I got off track. Serena’s kiss wasn’t meant to be “hey I’m in love with you” it was closing out her arc, her saying thank you for an incredible journey and experiences and for his friendship.

This is further proof in her Journeys return - they only met briefly but their interaction was clean and fresh. She was simply happy to tell him what she was up to - no stuttering, no jealousy, just happy to tell him she’s still working to achieve her goal.

Her talk with Chloe and hearing her development was also confirmation that her journey with Ash was about her own self confidence. The reason the crush/kiss is never referred to is because it doesn’t need to be. If you watch it without shipper goggles you can see what it was for.

This isn’t meant to rattle anyone. I know this sub has a lot of hardcore shippers, but Ash is not that type of character and Pokémon isn’t that type of show, so I don’t buy into it, nor support the theories. Take this how you will, but this is how I see it.

This user claims that Serena kissing Ash was her “letting go” of her crush. Does it make sense? No, not from a shipping context. But Serena kissing Ash as a way “to kiss her childish love goodbye” kind of makes sense, which further explains her lack of blushing and interest in Ash in JN105.
Imagine if, in the end credits, we see Ash showing Officer Jenny a picture of Serena and motioning to show her how she lunged at him. We don't see Serena get arrested but it's implied it will happen.

Oh and Misty is there at the police station, holding Ash's hand for moral support and encouraging him for being brave enough to speak out.

Ironic that you're the one writing this when you obviously fit this very statement. Are you trying to make yourself look smart by repeating the very thing everyone here has been telling you?

Now that you realize that no Ash shipping will ever be canon, will you finally stop talking about it?
I didn’t write this. A user from Reddit did

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!

Holy, is this supposed to be an analysis of The Brothers Karamazov or Pokémon?

Last edited:

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Holy, is this supposed to be an analysis of The Brothers Karamazov or Pokémon?
To be fair, you need to have an extremely high IQ to understand XY(Z)...

I just realized this might not be the best time to reference a Rick and Morty meme oops

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ash becomes a monk for Arceus which means he cannot form romantic relationships
Congratulations, you've just unlocked the good ending.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!

On second read:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Cmon series, have one of these eps be in Mt Silver, let us see old Larvitar (as either still a Larvitar or as an adult aka a Tyranitar) at least once more.

This is the end of the line for Ash as the main protagonist, now let us see it at least one more time before Ash is regulated to cameos :d

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
can we please just move all shipping related discussion to the shipping forum?
shipping forum that way...

Oh f*** it. No one listens anyway...

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Just asking myself what's the chances of this ending up in an epilogue to the next show. I'd prefer if it have no connections or loose plot points, but, I don’t know.