• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Team Rocket will get their own 11 episode final series
They really deserve it.

Agreed.

It feels like a no-brainer to let Team Rocket use some of their old Pokemon, so it's weird they're just being completely ignored here.

Well, it's still episode 2 and we still have 9 episodes to go.

The problem is that a lot of Team Rocket Pokémon were released, specially the ones they had during the OS

Available at this moment, Jessie has 7 Pokemon that can be used.

Wobuffet, Seviper,Yanmega, Woobat, Frillish, Gourgeist and Mimikyu

James has 7 too

Morpeko,Mime Jr, Carnivine,Yamask, Amongous, Inkay and Mareanie.

Unlike Ash that has 77 Pokemon they need more episodes to be shown.

I realy hope Team Rocket uses his old Pokemon cause it will be no fair if it does not happen...

Rune Knight

I don't know if it's just me but I find that this series really does not feel like a "finale" for Ash Ketchum, one of the most iconic characters of all time.

I haven't seen the recent episode yet, though I did spoil it for myself. I find that there is a goofiness factor and a lot of filler going in, along with the TR promotion that ties into Gen IX. Maybe it's my own wishful thinking and not being ready to say goodbye, and also a little early for me to judge.

Last edited:

Rune Knight

It’s not just you. Ash is doing whatever rn and doesn’t seem to be answering any questions. But apparently this pointless and one-off nature of episodes is supposed to be the essence of pokemon so if you don’t like it then you’re not a real fan.

I'm looking forward to Squirtle returning, along with Brock and Cilan; but I find that the way it's being executed is a little just non-conclusive.

I'm still enjoying the series don't get me wrong, but I can't view it as an epilogue to Ash's story, it just doesn't feel real. I feel like all of this including the team-rotations should've been done from the start of Journeys, in order to then build up to a proper conclusion.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh ye, we're supposed to be getting at least two more titles this weekend or on Monday right?

Cmon, plez let one of those be in Mt Silver. Let us see old Larvitar. Whether as still a Larvitar or a full grown adult Tyranitar. Just let us see it at least once more.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
It’s not just you. Ash is doing whatever rn and doesn’t seem to be answering any questions. But apparently this pointless and one-off nature of episodes is supposed to be the essence of pokemon so if you don’t like it then you’re not a real fan.
Don't forget, wanting a more structured and conclusive finale for Ash apparently means you don't "understand the essence of the anime". Randomly going to places with gen 1 pandering only to obviously end with "I'm a true Pokémon Master cause of the friends and Pokémon I made along the way" is considered peak conclusion.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Don't forget, wanting a more structured and conclusive finale for Ash apparently means you don't "understand the essence of the anime". Randomly going to places with gen 1 pandering only to obviously end with "I'm a true Pokémon Master cause of the friends and Pokémon I made along the way"
To be fair we haven't seen the entire series or end yet. They are building something up with Latias that might be big.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
To be fair we haven't seen the entire series or end yet. They are building something up with Latias that might be big.
I seriously couldn't care less about Latias like some of the others seem to be. Even if he catches it, it'll likely be after episode 4, so that's 6 episodes left. What monumental change in direction would Latias offer not seen in the last 26 years that suddenly makes it "oh wow that's what a Pokémon Master is!!"

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I seriously couldn't care less about Latias like some of the others seem to be. Even if he catches it, it'll likely be after episode 4, so that's 6 episodes left. What monumental change in direction would Latias offer not seen in the last 26 years that suddenly makes it "oh wow that's what a Pokémon Master is!!"
Hard to say yet, but we should just be patient and see how things play out.

Morax

King of heroes
I'm looking forward to Squirtle returning, along with Brock and Cilan; but I find that the way it's being executed is a little just non-conclusive.

I'm still enjoying the series don't get me wrong, but I can't view it as an epilogue to Ash's story, it just doesn't feel real. I feel like all of this including the team-rotations should've been done from the start of Journeys, in order to then build up to a proper conclusion.
That’s because it’s a terrible epilogue to his character. Endings are supposed to give closures to hanging threads and subplots. This anime would rather milk pointless nostalgia than finish the story.

Rune Knight

I don't mind the goofiness factor. I don't think that Ash's final chapter needs be super serious or as story-driven as XY, but this is Ash and Pikachu we are speaking of, arguably the anime-equivalents of Mickey Mouse that have been icons of pop-culture for more than two decades.

I don't know what they're building up with Latias, but I can't see it being used to represent Ash's journey, if anything I think it should have been Ho-Oh.

Though we still have 6 titles left to be announced, so far it does not feel like a conclusion at all.

Last edited:

MegaSalamence05

The way that I see Ash and Latias now is how connected they can be with their world.

How many people did Ash come into contact with to make their lives better. 20+ companions, a ton of COTD's.

Ho-oh has to be the last Pokemon Ash Ketchum encounters but ever since the reveal of Latias here. I've always felt that it was to be symbolic of every single character Ash has encountered. But when it senses hostility. Things get serious. Sure it's not the same Latias as M05 for now. As Latias and Latios were loosely based on Yin/Yang prior to the reveal of Reshiram and Zekrom. Eon means Aeon and that's and that's an indefinite long period of time and it originally meant life, vital force, being and generation.

Ash's been through 8 generations, 25 years and in pop culture has touched countless generations. Ash has canonically passed on more than one occasion in the anime to be brought back.

Ash and Latias make sense when you get through and actually look into the reasoning why.

Ho-oh has to finish it, it has to. It's not a matter of if.

It has to.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Lowkey if you think about it, perhaps this is redemption for the horrid ways they've been treating female leads since XY

• Alola girls are the first to return
  • A girl is confirmed to be the strongest companion and main character besides Ash
  • A girl is the only main character to accomplish (both) her goals.
  • Masters Eight involving the strongest trainers had three girls and two made it to the semi finals
  • A girl is confirmed to be the new MC which means more battle exposure
  • And now in this series, Misty, was the first trainer to defeat post monarch Ash