• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Don't forget, wanting a more structured and conclusive finale for Ash apparently means you don't "understand the essence of the anime". Randomly going to places with gen 1 pandering only to obviously end with "I'm a true Pokémon Master cause of the friends and Pokémon I made along the way" is considered peak conclusion.
You guys need to stop having conversations with the voices inside your head

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Lowkey if you think about it, perhaps this is redemption for the horrid ways they've been treating female leads since XY

• Alola girls are the first to return
  • A girl is confirmed to be the strongest companion and main character besides Ash
  • A girl is the only main character to accomplish (both) her goals.
  • Masters Eight involving the strongest trainers had three girls and two made it to the semi finals
  • A girl is confirmed to be the new MC which means more battle exposure
  • And now in this series, Misty, was the first trainer to defeat post monarch Ash
It's unknown if Riko is even a battler, and I currently believe that she is not one.

vondecayle

That’s because it’s a terrible epilogue to his character. Endings are supposed to give closures to hanging threads and subplots. This anime would rather milk pointless nostalgia than finish the story.
And it seems fans are happy with it!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lowkey if you think about it, perhaps this is redemption for the horrid ways they've been treating female leads since XY

• Alola girls are the first to return
  • A girl is confirmed to be the strongest companion and main character besides Ash
  • A girl is the only main character to accomplish (both) her goals.
  • Masters Eight involving the strongest trainers had three girls and two made it to the semi finals
  • A girl is confirmed to be the new MC which means more battle exposure
  • And now in this series, Misty, was the first trainer to defeat post monarch Ash
I don't consider the curse to be broken unless the new girl has a battling goal.

vondecayle

So people are saying that the only way for a female companion to be a good character is to be a battler???

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I just can't see this current writing staff having a female lead with a battling goal.

Guy100

I hope we see Mewtwo return in this special. Like almost every major adventure Ash has traveled on when trying to accomplish some sort of goal, there is often some major road block or obstacle (Usually a Rival) he has to overcome before he reaches the finish line.

I'm hoping that obstacle will be Mewtwo in order to test Ash's resolve of being a Pokemon Master, by challenging Ash to a Pokemon battle to see if he can prove himself as a Master by defeating the self-proclaimed world strongest Pokemon. I truly see Mewtwo as Ash's ultimate rival since they both stand at the top of the world as the best trainer and Pokemon, respectively.

If the writers dont include this legendary showdown before ending this special arc finale I will be disappointed. Especially, having seen in the original series when Gary commented to Ash after battling Mewtwo for the first time that he believed no trainer in the world could defeat Mewtwo.

I can only imagine the dream team Ash will but together if he faces Mewtwo. My thoughts, besides Pikachu are Solgaleo, Charizard, Greninja, Dragonite or Lucario, and Melmetal.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I can only imagine the dream team Ash will but together if he faces Mewtwo. My thoughts, besides Pikachu are Solgaleo, Charizard, Greninja, Dragonite or Lucario, and Melmetal.
That would be so cool if Ash vs Mewtwo 6vs1 is the final battle of the series.

Guy100

I just can't see this current writing staff having a female lead with a battling goal.
I've said it before, a female lead protagonist with a battling goal wont happen in the Pokemon anime, since Pokemon, like most battle monster game franchises, is generally aimed for young boys. This is generally why shows like Beyblade, Yugioh, Zoids, Digimon, and Bakuguan often have male lead protagonist as the battling phenom.

The pokemon company ceo's know their audience, and a battling female lead protagonist is not suitable to be a proper marketing tool for their young target audience; young boys. It be like the magical girl anime, trying to make a male their lead protagonist, when the franchise is mostly aimed toward young girls.

Overall, once the new Pokemon anime 2023 series launch, Roy will be the battler, and Liko will be the explorer/entrepreneur.

DuskAstral

I've said it before, a female lead protagonist with a battling goal wont happen in the Pokemon anime, since Pokemon, like most battle monster game franchises, is generally aimed for young boys.
If the game is mainly for young boys, why introduce gender selection in the second generation at all?
Overall, once the new Pokemon anime 2023 series launch, Roy will be the battler, and Liko will be the explorer/entrepreneur.
There is no indication that Roy would be a battler.
Note that it is Liko who wears the league symbol as a pin.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If the game is mainly for young boys, why introduce gender selection in the second generation at all?

There is no indication that Roy would be a battler.
Note that it is Liko who wears the league symbol as a pin.
I'm thinking that Riko is just a researcher and doesn't like battles at all. I'm not expecting her to be one unless there was a mass firing of the anime's writing and directing staff that the public doesn't know about.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I think Riko will be a battler or have a battling component. They wouldn’t put her front and center if she was going to be doing something else…

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think Riko will be a battler or have a battling component. They wouldn’t put her front and center if she was going to be doing something else…
With the current writing staff I don't think so. I'm keeping my expectations for female MCs very low because of the last three sagas.

Akashin

I've said it before, a female lead protagonist with a battling goal wont happen in the Pokemon anime, since Pokemon, like most battle monster game franchises, is generally aimed for young boys. This is generally why shows like Beyblade, Yugioh, Zoids, Digimon, and Bakuguan often have male lead protagonist as the battling phenom.

The pokemon company ceo's know their audience, and a battling female lead protagonist is not suitable to be a proper marketing tool for their young target audience; young boys. It be like the magical girl anime, trying to make a male their lead protagonist, when the franchise is mostly aimed toward young girls.

That... makes absolutely no sense.

The simple fact of the matter is that PM2023 already deviates from all of those examples on the sole basis that the female lead in question is clearly shown to be equally or more important than the male lead. The common link between all of those shows isn't that they made a male character a battler; it's that they made the protagonist a male character in the first place, which is a point the new series has already deviated on. The new main character would assuredly have still been male if this was something they were worried about.

That's all to say nothing of the fact that of the very few things we do know about Liko and Roy, one of those things is that Liko is associated with two symbols that imply battling: her League logo hairpin and her pendant that has the Terastalization symbol. That's not to say that those imply she will be focused on battling; just that it's weird to be so sure she won't be, when some of the only things we know about her seem to imply the possibility.
I'm thinking that Riko is just a researcher and doesn't like battles at all. I'm not expecting her to be one unless there was a mass firing of the anime's writing and directing staff that the public doesn't know about.
So you continue to say, on the sole basis of past precedent. Which is an odd hill to remain fixated on, given that PM2023 is fundamentally a step away from past precedent.