• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That... makes absolutely no sense.

The simple fact of the matter is that PM2023 already deviates from all of those examples on the sole basis that the female lead in question is clearly shown to be equally or more important than the male lead. The common link between all of those shows isn't that they made a male character a battler; it's that they made the protagonist a male character in the first place, which is a point the new series has already deviated on. The new main character would assuredly have still been male if this was something they were worried about.

That's all to say nothing of the fact that of the very few things we do know about Liko and Roy, one of those things is that Liko is associated with two symbols that imply battling: her League logo hairpin and her pendant that has the Terastalization symbol. That's not to say that those imply she will be focused on battling; just that it's weird to be so sure she won't be, when some of the only things we know about her seem to imply the possibility.

So you continue to say, on the sole basis of past precedent. Which is an odd hill to remain fixated on, given that PM2023 is fundamentally a step away from past precedent.
PM2023 will likely have the same writing staff as the previous series so I'm expecting it to be like the previous series. The only way I'm expecting something different is if there's an all new writing and directing staff who are much younger and a lot more progressive and liberal.

DuskAstral

PM2023 will likely have the same writing staff as the previous series so I'm expecting it to be like the previous series.
It does not make sense.
Note that there were many female battlers in JN.
Why wouldn't Liko join them?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It does not make sense.
Note that there were many female battlers in JN.
Why wouldn't Liko join them?
All of them were characters from the games, and Riko is not. Also they’re all supporting characters while the actual female MC Chloe was treated like garbage.

BobbbidyBob

I hope we see Mewtwo return in this special. Like almost every major adventure Ash has traveled on when trying to accomplish some sort of goal, there is often some major road block or obstacle (Usually a Rival) he has to overcome before he reaches the finish line.

I'm hoping that obstacle will be Mewtwo in order to test Ash's resolve of being a Pokemon Master, by challenging Ash to a Pokemon battle to see if he can prove himself as a Master by defeating the self-proclaimed world strongest Pokemon. I truly see Mewtwo as Ash's ultimate rival since they both stand at the top of the world as the best trainer and Pokemon, respectively.

If the writers dont include this legendary showdown before ending this special arc finale I will be disappointed. Especially, having seen in the original series when Gary commented to Ash after battling Mewtwo for the first time that he believed no trainer in the world could defeat Mewtwo.

I can only imagine the dream team Ash will but together if he faces Mewtwo. My thoughts, besides Pikachu are Solgaleo, Charizard, Greninja, Dragonite or Lucario, and Melmetal.
Well Latias vs mewtwo makes a bit more sense than Lucario vs mewtwo, just a bit

DuskAstral

All of them were characters from the games, and Riko is not. Also they’re all supporting characters while the actual female MC Chloe was treated like garbage.
In my opinion, the fact that Liko is an exclusive character does not prevent her from becoming a batller.

As for Satoshi's other companions, I don't think they were interested in the fights, just because Satoshi was in the fights.
Now that he is no longer in the new series, this time Liko would take part in the fights

Sham

The Guardian of War
I've said it before-
And it made no sense so we didn't pay attention, not happening this time either. How does having a main character that's female and battles break the space time continuum?

Last edited:

Guy100

I'm thinking that Riko is just a researcher and doesn't like battles at all. I'm not expecting her to be one unless there was a mass firing of the anime's writing and directing staff that the public doesn't know about.
I look forward to revisting this forum, just to get the thoughts from all these in denial fans, once its revealed that Roy will be identified as the co-main protagonist that focuses on battling, while Liko will be the explorer/entrepreneur.

Just looking at the 2023 Anime Poster of the Two main protagonist is dead giveway of who will be doing what. The fact that Roy is partnered with both a Fuecco and seemingly a Quaxly , whom are battlemongers, while Liko is partnered with a Sprigattito, which ultimately evovles into a Magician, which looks straight-out of a Magical Girl anime, says alot of which role both protagonist will be doing.

But your right, the only way the pokemon company would make a lead female character the main battler, would be when most of the current administrators and staff leave the series, and thats not happening anytime soon. Fans just have to deal with it.

Guy100

That would be so cool if Ash vs Mewtwo 6vs1 is the final battle of the series.
I honestly see this scenario happening towards the finale of the 11 arc special.

Ever since Ash reclaimed charizard in best wishes, but never used him, I often felt there was a purpose behind its return. Since Charizard is very pivotal, like Pikachu, in alot of Ash's important battles, I figured the writers must have plans for Ash to use it when facing one of his toughest battles.

Ash's journey's usually reach a climax with some ultimate obstacle, and I figure it would have to be Mewtwo. Its far too iconic not to be included as Ash''s ultimate rival to surpass in order to prove himself worthy of being a Pokemon Master. I figure the best team Ash could put together to face his toughest challenge ever, would be to have his star team of aces; Pikachu, Charizard, Solgaleo, Lucario, Infernape, and maybe Melmetal or Dragonite.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don’t know why people even want Kishimoto-styled female characters, that's a very bad thing since he's very incompetent in writing female characters and it would be very stupid to make the main character a female and not be a battler in a franchise that mostly focuses on battling.

I mean even DragonBall and Boruto have moved on from treating their female characters like dirt; Pokémon seems to be going in the complete opposite direction. They really need to get with the times.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I don’t know why people even want Kishimoto -styled female characters, that's a very bad thing since he's very incompetent in writing female characters and it would be very stupid to make the main character a female and not be a battler in a franchise that mostly focuses on battling.
They're stuck in the dark ages. TV shows like Totally Spies having high viewership with males despite having an all girl action cast already destroys that theory. Even the Naruto universe realized their mistake and has Sarada participating in action more or less the same amount as Boruto compared to Sakura doing nothing in original.
I mean even DragonBall and Boruto have moved on from treating their female characters like dirt; Pokémon seems to be going in the complete opposite direction. They really need to get with the times.
Beat me to the punch line.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I'm thinking that Riko is just a researcher and doesn't like battles at all. I'm not expecting her to be one unless there was a mass firing of the anime's writing and directing staff that the public doesn't know about.
Why would there be a mass firing? People can change you know and OLM is understaffed as it is that'd be stupid to fire more people

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Pretty much. Girls need to be strong and independent! She don’t need no man in her life!
Well, some people think girls are only strong when they imitate men.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Why would there be a mass firing? People can change you know and OLM is understaffed as it is that'd be stupid to fire more people
Because these are conservative old people who are pretty stuck in their ways and across the past three gens have only doubled down on how the female MCs are treated which all columnated in Chloe, who is the worst handled main character in the history of the entire anime.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
This is most certainly related to today’s Pokemon GO community day where its back to Larvitar in order for Tyranitar to get Smack Down as its CD move.

Doesn’t mean I don’t want want them to give us a Mt Silver ep for the reunion tho :>

Last edited:

Spyro39

Because these are conservative old people who are pretty stuck in their ways and across the past three gens have only doubled down on how the female MCs are treated which all columnated in Chloe, who is the worst handled main character in the history of the entire anime.
Even if that were true, doing a mass firing would be the dumbest thing OLM could do, especially when there were reports of the studio being understaffed.