• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

Sham

The Guardian of War
Right we must stay focused

*hoping for a bonding moment where Scraggy is impressed by Haxorus' evolution x*

*hoping Lillie sets out for a journey like Misty did x*

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Right we must stay focused

*hoping for a bonding moment where Scraggy is impressed by Haxorus' evolution x*

*hoping Lillie sets out for a journey like Misty did x*
and then Haxorus looks down in shame at Scraggy while thanking Arceus he got offscreened

Sham

The Guardian of War
and then Haxorus looks down in shame at Scraggy while thanking Arceus he got offscreened
and Matsumiya and Masuda being on his side allowing all of this tbh. It'll be really cool having react to him being a Champions ace like how shocked Ash was

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
And now, let's take a look at a classic case of a user making a strawman, aka an imaginary argument or opposition.

Apparently a female character is only worthy if she battles......yeah that's some great "mindset" this place has (this place would probably die trying to watch Fruits Basket).
Literally nobody said that. You just made that up, lmfao.

Nobody is saying "a female character is only worthy if she battles", I think the goblins in your brain are making this discussion confusing and hard to follow. People are mainly pointing out an existing pattern of how progressively fewer and fewer female characters have been active battlers and they would like Riko to finally break that pattern as the main character.

I'm personally not very interested in seeing yet another character pushed into the role of someone who will take 60+ episodes to discover themselves, set a goal for themselves, or have their first Pokemon battle or catch their first Pokemon. It's repetitive, it's been done, it's time for something else.

Pokemon battles, whether you like it or not, are a core part of this franchise and anime, and I would appreciate it really if Riko actually took part in those, no matter what her goal ends up being.

Or kimi ni todoke, Clannad, Ore Monogatari or any Shoujo/Josei/Romance for that matter. These retards probably refuse to consume anything that doesn’t have ‘wahmen fighting’.
And here we have an example of another strawman. Morax is acting as if fans who would like to see Riko battle hate all forms of media that don't have "women fighting". (????)

In addition to using slurs (lovely behavior as expected), Morax takes Pokemon anime, which actively features Pokemon battles as a core part of the franchise, and compares it shojou/josei/romance anime, which do not feature Pokemon battles. Morax somehow believes this is a valid comparison and a smart argument. No Morax, people will not complain about 'wahmen fighting' in a romance anime, they understand what genre it is and what roles characters play in that genre. It's a romance, not an action show. As hard as it may be to swallow, people appreciate seeing characters do Pokemon battles in an anime featuring Pokemon battles.

Morax doesn't seem to understand that in a Pokemon anime, which features Pokemon battles as a core part of the experience, fans would like to see main female characters battle too because it's been a long time since fans saw an active battler in the main cast who isn't Ash.

---

TL;DR I would really appreciate if you would stop demonizing people for wanting Riko to be a battler, especially making assumptions or implications that they hate any female character who isn't "fighting". Also, please stop being so condescending, you're not better than someone just because you may or may not watch more anime than them, lmfao (which is a ridiculous assumption in the first place).

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
TL;DR I would really appreciate if you would stop demonizing people for wanting Riko to be a battler, especially making assumptions or implications that they hate any female character who isn't "fighting". Also, please stop being so condescending, you're not better than someone just because you may or may not watch more anime than them, lmfao (which is a ridiculous assumption in the first place).
There's far more demonizing going on in the event she doesn't become a battler. I can understand wanting her to be the main battler as a new change of pace, but that's really simplifying the issue here as people can't even entertain the idea that it may not happen positively.

Insulting the writers as being "old conservatives" (ironically the writers in the newer series are younger) who don't like seeing girls battle, calling Riko a "Kishimoto girl" in the event she doesn't battle are all uncalled for. There's always the genuine possibility she's not the main battler, and people don't seem to want to accept that. If she doesn't battle, but at the same time gets an interesting new direction that doesn't involve contests or "finding herself" (which everyone agrees would be ridiculous), then why not.

Reactions: RLC

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
There's far more demonizing going on in the event she doesn't become a battler.
Audience being unhappy with the possibility of Riko being yet another Chloe/Serena is not 'demonizing' the staff. It's called legitimate writing criticism because it's a tired trope at this point, and people want to see that change.

'Demonizing' is the way you and Morax team up to insult other people here, present them as some "haters who dislike female characters who don't fight", and call them cringe for sharing a different mindset from yours, and act superior/condescending because "they don't consume as much diverse media as us, they just watch Pokemon anime lol".

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Audience being unhappy with the possibility of Riko being yet another Chloe/Serena is not 'demonizing' the staff. It's called legitimate writing criticism because it's a tired trope at this point, and people want to see that change.
Riko not being a battler won't instantly turn her into another Serena or Chloe unless she genuinly reuses their storyline of trying to find herself. She can be sure of herself and her goal and still not have it be a battle dominated goal. That possibility exists. Also, insinuating the writers are a bunch of sexist boomers cause girls have been battling less is not a legitimate writing criticism (and it's hilarious that it's being seen as though I'm defending these writers when I've constantly mentioned how much I dislike their direction with the anime for the past few years).

Morax

King of heroes
Riko not being a battler won't instantly turn her into another Serena or Chloe unless she genuinly reuses their storyline of trying to find herself. She can be sure of herself and her goal and still not have it be a battle dominated goal. That possibility exists. Also, insinuating the writers are a bunch of sexist boomers cause girls have been battling less is not a legitimate writing criticism (and it's hilarious that it's being seen as though I'm defending these writers when I've constantly mentioned how much I dislike their direction with the anime for the past few years).
>”Hey man, have you seen that new anime? I’ve heard its really good!”
>”but does it have strong and independent female characters?”
>”uhh…..no idea. But i’ve heard the plot, world building and villains are pretty amazing!”
>”don’t care, call me if you find something with strong and independent female characters”

…PAD probably.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I’m actually surprised that the people who actively consume this garbage can find anything else ‘horribly written’.
shikimori-shikimoris-not-just-cute.gif

No wonder they call it this place le pokemon aneurysm discussion….
I wonder if you patted yourself on the back after coming up with such a hilarious joke in the end

You're literally the category of anime fans the internet warns others about lmao
And now, let's take a look at a classic case of a user making a strawman, aka an imaginary argument or opposition.

Literally nobody said that. You just made that up, lmfao.

Nobody is saying "a female character is only worthy if she battles", I think the goblins in your brain are making this discussion confusing and hard to follow. People are mainly pointing out an existing pattern of how progressively fewer and fewer female characters have been active battlers and they would like Riko to finally break that pattern as the main character.

I'm personally not very interested in seeing yet another character pushed into the role of someone who will take 60+ episodes to discover themselves, set a goal for themselves, or have their first Pokemon battle or catch their first Pokemon. It's repetitive, it's been done, it's time for something else.

Pokemon battles, whether you like it or not, are a core part of this franchise and anime, and I would appreciate it really if Riko actually took part in those, no matter what her goal ends up being.

And here we have an example of another strawman. Morax is acting as if fans who would like to see Riko battle hate all forms of media that don't have "women fighting". (????)

In addition to using slurs (lovely behavior as expected), Morax takes Pokemon anime, which actively features Pokemon battles as a core part of the franchise, and compares it shojou/josei/romance anime, which do not feature Pokemon battles. Morax somehow believes this is a valid comparison and a smart argument. No Morax, people will not complain about 'wahmen fighting' in a romance anime, they understand what genre it is and what roles characters play in that genre. It's a romance, not an action show. As hard as it may be to swallow, people appreciate seeing characters do Pokemon battles in an anime featuring Pokemon battles.

Morax doesn't seem to understand that in a Pokemon anime, which features Pokemon battles as a core part of the experience, fans would like to see main female characters battle too because it's been a long time since fans saw an active battler in the main cast who isn't Ash.

---

Im telling you Akkipedia and Morax are having way too serious of a war going on right now with the voices inside their head. They need the strawmanning and attempt to act superior to be at peace
>”Hey man, have you seen that new anime? I’ve heard its really good!”
>”but does it have strong and independent female characters?”
>”uhh…..no idea. But i’ve heard the plot, world building and villains are pretty amazing!”
>”don’t care, call me if you find something with strong and independent female characters”

…PAD probably.
LMAO what do you even mean by this
Dumbass take if I've ever seen one

Remix2

Oh bro if you want actual good shounen, Hunter X Hunter and Jojo are right there.

Pokemon XY was that directors attempt at poorly written shounen complete with a female character that has literally no plot relevance or goals aside from getting with the main character and being cute. Meanwhile the main character is stripped of his personality and all that's there is a 15 year old trapped in a 10 year olds body with battling and being the best.

Y'all be obsessing too much over a awful written shounen archtype that Pokemon never was. Thank god that director is long gone and Ash is back to how he was before XY.

"Oh Ash was so mature in XY" he's ten years old, let him act like a kid.
Thank you for proving you never watch xy.

Like seriously it like people watch a alternate version of xy.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Im telling you Akkipedia and Morax are having way too serious of a war going on right now with the voices inside their head. They need the strawmanning and attempt to act superior to be at peace
Relevant quote
Most XY fans I've come across have this weird superiority complex which is really off-putting, so it's no wonder other fans don't have a favorable opinion of them.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
I just want Charizard to be ash's ace again in this series screw that Rat!

LazySpy

Kimty
I mean we've already established that Morax has inconsistent morals, but this comment feels unwarranted towards Akkipedi. At least to me, he came across as genuine and actually engaged with the arguments

DuskAstral

I was thinking: Ash released Pidgeot when he was leaving after the league party in Pallet Town. What if he gets him back/meet him again when he is coming back for the final party in Pallet Town on the last episode? That would be fitting.
As long as such a final party will take place at all.
It may not be there at all.

Broseph08

All good points. And Pokemon isn't a shonen manga franchise where only guys are leads. The games have had female lead options for more than 20 years now and all Pokemon media outside anipoke reflect that. It's not a shocker that fans want the anime to finally catch up to the rest of the franchise especially since said franchise has been more relevant than the anime since Johto. As you said, battles are the core of the franchise and main gameplay loop. May beating and catching Rayquaza in Pokemon Evolutions was cool as hell. It'd be awesome to see that energy brought over to the main anime after a bunch of coordinators and 'finding myself' subplots