• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Got a lot of catching up to do, but what's the overall impression from this miniseries so far? Does it seem like it's doing a good job so far finishing up Ash's story, or does it just feel like some kind of DA 2.0. It seems like more the latter so far based on some of the comments I've read.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
So far I've seen a mostly positive reception. But there is a fair amount of people who are disappointed in the episodes we have gotten so far
When you talk about “positive reception” you mean serebii forums?? Since there is twitter, reddit, bulbagarden etc where people discuss the episodes as well. Just curious.

Gingertail24

When you talk about “positive reception” you mean serebii forums?? Since there is twitter, reddit, bulbagarden etc where people discuss the episodes as well. Just curious.
No I meant all three. I'm not on bulbagarden all that much but I've seen positive reception there too

The only one I don't know about is discord, 4chan, tumblr etc

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Does it seem like it's doing a good job so far finishing up Ash's story, or does it just feel like some kind of DA 2.0. It seems like more the latter so far based on some of the comments I've read.
So far, the overall mini-series has been more focused on throwbacks and references to previous series. We see more of Ash's reserves and old companions, but there hasn't been any active storyline focused on Ash's future and stuff. Though this series is supposed to ask the question of what a Pokemon Master is, so maybe we'll get some information on that towards the end.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Somebody want to PM me any possible leaks since y'all derailed the actual thread?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The mini-series is definetely doing a lot of stuff that should've been done on JN.

Rotating Ash's reserves. Travelling around without the weird region hopping they were doing...

Sucks they didn't do this on the Goh era.

Guy100

I think this will be the first series where Satoshi doesn't catch anything.
I doubt it, seeing how towards the ending of this series, there's the payoff with Latias as his new Pokemon. She's apparently stalking him for a reason. If the revelation of Latias proves to not mean anything, then her being involved in the plot of this mini-arc should have ended on the first episode, with Ash saving her and she returning the favor by catching Ash.

I'm just hoping Solgaleo shows up in this mini-series, seeing how its not made a proper debut throughout Journey's and deserves an episode.

DuskAstral

Then why is the random Latias stalking him like a Sandile.
I doubt it, seeing how towards the ending of this series, there's the payoff with Latias as his new Pokemon. She's apparently stalking him for a reason.
I just feel the vibes of Meloetta.
She did what Latias did, and there was no catch.
In the case of the legend of Hoenn, this situation may repeat itself.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I just feel the vibes of Meloetta.
She did what Latias did, and there was no catch.
Meloetta also had a whole arc to fully justify a no catch. And arc that had time, something we don't have here. Latias feels kinda random otherwise.