• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Yes. How will there be a new king if the current king isn't dead? How will the hero save the world if the world isn't put into peril?
Unless you're making Sharknado, isolating your audience is not exactly a viable marketing strategy unless your audience is a bunch of hate watchers and YouTube reactionaries like that stupid Velma show.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Let's not blame the writers and showrunners for how PM2019 and MPM turned out. If your next project was set, didn't have to carry anything from your current and the directive is to wrap up this one, who is going to blame them for setting their to be expired project on fire?

They're probably saying it good riddance and dancing on Ash' figurative corpse.

It also now makes a lot of sense why Goh was created. To create a test case for another protagonist and to tarnish the current show to make way for a new one.
Serebii and Lunacy will always go hand in hand I see
Jesus Christ the conspiracies people have against the anime will never not be absurd

Durrendal

Really confused about the message here. Are you saying the writers and showrunners were dealt a bad hand, or that they intentionally sabotaged this last Ash outing in preparation for the new series?

In the case of the former, I'm not saying the showrunners should burn for their mistakes, but just because someone was dealt a bad hand doesn't mean you can't still criticize what they did with what they were given anyways.

As for the latter, that's just bordering on conspiracy. Purposely sabotaging the product to make way for something else is not a viable strategy in the real world.
Second. Crazier things have been demanded by corporate and listened to by ones executing it.

It's really not an unusual thing. You'll find that many shows denigrate their previous versions or genre predecessors to sell themselves better. You can't sell a solution of good pokemon show without creating the problem of a really bad Pokemon show.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Second. Crazier things have been demanded by corporate and listened to by ones executing it.

It's really not an unusual thing. You'll find that many shows denigrate their previous versions or genre predecessors to sell themselves better. You can't sell a solution of good pokemon show without creating the problem of a really bad Pokemon show.
Unless you can provide examples where this was purposely done and it worked, I don't buy it. Making a bad Pokemon show isn't going to encourage people to check out the next one in hopes that it's better. It's going to turn people off from checking out any Pokemon show in the future.

Durrendal

Unless you can provide examples where this was purposely done and it worked, I don't buy it. Making a bad Pokemon show isn't going to encourage people to check out the next one in hopes that it's better. It's going to turn people off from checking out any Pokemon show in the future.
iPhones.
Degrading performance doesn't stop people from buying the next one.

In this very forum people are eager to check out the next one in hopes it 'fixes' the problems of the old one. Don't tell me you haven't come across them

Durrendal

this is borderline star wars fan behavior
I think star wars fans also got something of the same treatment. I'm no star wars fan to the extent of never having watch the original trilogy, but by my understanding that denigrated, nerfed, and weakened the ex main character to build up the Mary Sue of the current series. If they had creative control of the original series like they do for Pokemon, they'd do the same thing as Pokemon.

I can see why star wars fans would have the same reaction as I am having.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
iPhones.
Degrading performance doesn't stop people from buying the next one.

In this very forum people are eager to check out the next one in hopes it 'fixes' the problems of the old one. Don't tell me you haven't come across them
Even though I'll partially give you that about iPhones, you're comparing a type of product (and by that I mean cell phones in general) that is a borderline necessity in this day and age to a piece of entertainment that people can choose whether or not to consume. It's not quite a 1:1.

And the enthusiasm towards the next series has more to do with the fact that the anime is getting a complete overhaul and many people like what they've seen so far, not just a simple case of blind hope that it will be better than the Ash anime.

Last edited:

Durrendal

Even though I'll partially give you that about iPhones, you're comparing a type of product that is a borderline necessity in this day and age to a piece of entertainment that people can choose whether or not to consume. It's not quite a 1:1.

And the enthusiasm towards the next series has more to do with the fact that the anime is getting a complete overhaul and many people like what they've seen so far, not just a simple case of blind hope that it will be better than the Ash anime.
iPhones aren't a necessity. You have people who compulsively keep upgrading. People know their old devices are being junked deliberately. More to the point, they're spending to buy iPhones. Pokemon is free. They'll check out the latter more since it's much lower stakes.

'complete overhaul' by creating more and more problems with the old show to position the new one as the new market solution. Not very unique strategy honestly. It's nothing unbelievable. It will definitely be better than the old show, I can guarantee you that since the old one was hobbled deliberately. If the same team makes a good, much better series then you'll know they sabotaged the old one.

Dark_King25

Shillmon Defender
iPhones aren't a necessity. You have people who compulsively keep upgrading. People know their old devices are being junked deliberately. More to the point, they're spending to buy iPhones. Pokemon is free. They'll check out the latter more since it's much lower stakes.

'complete overhaul' by creating more and more problems with the old show to position the new one as the new market solution. Not very unique strategy honestly. It's nothing unbelievable. It will definitely be better than the old show, I can guarantee you that since the old one was hobbled deliberately. If the same team makes a good, much better series then you'll know they sabotaged the old one.
I think star wars fans also got something of the same treatment. I'm no star wars fan to the extent of never having watch the original trilogy, but by my understanding that denigrated, nerfed, and weakened the ex main character to build up the Mary Sue of the current series. If they had creative control of the original series like they do for Pokemon, they'd do the same thing as Pokemon.

I can see why star wars fans would have the same reaction as I am having.
I'm sorry but This is just fandom menace levels of bs

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.

I apologize, that was poor phrasing on my part, as cell phones in general are the "borderline necessity" I was referring to. I have edited my post to reflect this. The point I was making was with a product most if not all people need nowadays, some are inevitably going to pick the iPhone, especially with such a limited market, as opposed to a show that nobody needs and there are countless alternatives to.

As for the rest of your argument, I can't pretend I view it as anything other than baseless conspiracy. It's apparent that nothing I say will change your mind, so good day to you, I suppose.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Yes. How will there be a new king if the current king isn't dead? How will the hero save the world if the world isn't put into peril?

Any and all “JN/MPM was made out of hate” malarkey should rightfully be ignored
Just wanted to make sure that wasn’t a sarcastic/ironic post. But the replies certainly cleared that up.