• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New 11 episode series, "Pocket Monsters: Mezase Pokemon Master", starts January 13th 2023

Durrendal

The fact that you believe in some weird 'they're junking your devices!!!!' conspiracy dumps on your own credibility quite a bit. And before you mention the whole battery fiasco, go read up on what actually happened before commenting on it.
I'm on a forum for...Pokemon. Me and everyone else's credibility and value of opinion are zero here. I'm not going to bother countering you because it's not worth it.

If you think planned obsolescence isn't a thing in iPhone or any Android, I won't bother selling you a bridge. I'll wait for someone else to do it to you.

Durrendal

You guys really can't believe a consumer goods corporation would junk their old product to sell a new one huh.

I bet you all also think they make series after series about toys/games because they have a compelling story to tell about the 4th red and blue haired boy battling with the new generation of cards/spinny things/magic monsters and not to sell more toys

You all will also be Pikachu faced shocked when the new series is rather good, despite being made by the same team.

At this point, it's just weird. I'm being thought of fandom level weird since I'm suggesting they're junking the old series to sell the new one, and I'm thinking you all are fandom level weird to think a megacorp wouldn't do that

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
As a lowly Android user, I cannot relate *resumes playing Pokémon on a Gameboy emulator*

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
You guys really can't believe a consumer goods corporation would junk their old product to sell a new one huh.

I bet you all also think they make series after series about toys/games because they have a compelling story to tell about the 4th red and blue haired boy battling with the new generation of cards/spinny things/magic monsters and not to sell more toys

You all will also be Pikachu faced shocked when the new series is rather good, despite being made by the same team.

At this point, it's just weird. I'm being thought of fandom level weird since I'm suggesting they're junking the old series to sell the new one, and I'm thinking you all are fandom level weird to think a megacorp wouldn't do that
Sigh...I'll bite.

This is...an odd comparison. And that's me being generous here.

Yes, planned obsolescence is a thing, especially in consumer electronics where there is:
  1. new hardware and software features/capabilities from one generation to the next
  2. parts of the devices that are consumable or degrade over time
There is a point where the vendor has to stop and say that they can't support something anymore and you have to update. That cutoff depends on a few factors including the manufacturer and whether its a budget or premium tier device. Apple, for instance, provides software support for iPhones for about 5 years and MacBooks for at least that long. I think the 2013-era Macbook Air's that my kids use finally stopped getting new versions of MacOS last year. Most PC laptop vendors provide 1st party software support for at least 3 years, and improved drivers often end up in Windows or Linux. I don't know about Android devices, but as long as the bootloader is unlocked, you can load your own custom Android builds and keep using your device.

But at some point, the vendor has to stop supporting it so they can focus on new things. Or add in new features that the hardware won't support. Or the carriers want to retire an older communications protocol.

And yes, phones or computers seem slower over time. That's because they add more software features that run in the background on the device. And older processors aren't optimized for those features or aren't powerful enough to multi-task. They're not sabotaging their phones or purposely making them run slower.

That's not a conspiracy. That's technology marching on.

So with that in mind, what benefit does TVTokyo, OLM, and TPC get by sabotaging the current anime in the run-up to the next? The show makes money by getting people to watch. It determines how much commercials cost for that time slot and how much foreign networks and streaming services will pay to air it. Once people stop watching, its hard to get them to watch again.

There is no practical benefit to Pokemon to make the Ashime look bad before the new series launches. Yes, they want to sell more games and merch, but turning fans off as Ash's series winds down doesn't help with that. Especially in an era where you can watch shows on streaming services and TPC/OLM/TVTokyo still make money off of it.

So that's why people are saying you're "fandom level weird." This is conspiracy theory level nonsense.

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I'm on a forum for...Pokemon. Me and everyone else's credibility and value of opinion are zero here. I'm not going to bother countering you because it's not worth it.
You’re still trying to make an argument using a junk comparison.
If you think planned obsolescence isn't a thing in iPhone or any Android, I won't bother selling you a bridge. I'll wait for someone else to do it to you.
Yeah okay conspiracy theorist, tell that to the iPhone XR my mom’s been using for half a decade.

only 1 month for this obsolete protagonist to leave once and for all and we avoid this type of meaningless discussion

Yeah okay conspiracy theorist, tell that to the iPhone XR my mom’s been using for half a decade.
I have been using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 for 7 years, I just bought another cell phone a few months ago, and my Xiaomi never fails me. (Fvck Iphone & Apple anyway)

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Serebii and Lunacy will always go hand in hand I see
Jesus Christ the conspiracies people have against the anime will never not be absurd
i liked it better when our conspiracies consisted of “Alain/Tobias/Aria cheated and here’s why.”
now it’s “X is eating the life force of puppies and babies to survive.”

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I mean whether you like his stuff or not, you really can't deny that he came into a 23 year old franchise and started steering it in a fanfic-tier bizarre direction that was absurdly at odds with everything it had been up to that point, a direction the former guy did a hard 180 on the second he took over again.

I'm sure there are people that liked Angel Punisher too.

Well, at least Yuyama won't have Ash say "got tired of being a champion".

Anyways between this and them admitting that none of the Master Eight battles were planned and that Project Mew was a complete after thought, Pokemon needs a new PR team and needs to stop doing interviews until.

To be fair, I think that one was necessary because I feel like they thought people weren't liking what was being made so they had to come up with some sort of quest for Goh.

I think they did well. My only complaint, besides my usual "it's pointless specify it to Mew, is Project Mew should've been a longer arc. Two more episodes would be enough

So what was Yuyama’s vision for the anime anyway?? To have Ash wonder forever with no real conclusion?

My own opinion is he clinging to the vision he's created with Shudo back in the day, so that's why things are so lowkey and there's some symbolism going in some of this plots. I wouldn't be surprised if Yuyama was on board with (some) of his ideas and tried to salvage what he could without making the show lose its steam of profit-making.

Just my theory though.

There's a difference between a series having a somewhat different tone, which they all had anyway, and Satoshi going from qualifying for but not winning regional leagues while clearly being massively below the Elite Fours and Champions, to him suddenly just steamrolling everyone else in the entire world with a fresh team for no adequately explained reason.

I think it'd be more bearable if they just mix-and-match the reserves for the Master Class.

And she actually has other popular characters under her belt, like Chopper and Morgana kek

I only took an interest on Persona when I found out she had a voice role there and I was curious to see Ohtani voicing a mascot that speaks human language.

It's either that or both of them leaving right at the beginning.

I REALLY hope it's the case here.

the conspiracies people have against the anime will never not be absurd

I still remember the crazy ones like

"Serena is down on a disguise and using a stage name"

"Sawyer looks like Max grown up"

As a lowly Android user, I cannot relate *resumes playing Pokémon on a Gameboy emulator*

Have been using android on a Samsung phone for years and never had any issues.

Never get the iPhone appeal.

And it's annoying seeing japanese companies release anime-related phone cases... For iPhones...

i liked it better when our conspiracies consisted of “Alain/Tobias/Aria cheated and here’s why.”
now it’s “X is eating the life force of puppies and babies to survive.”

Reminds me one from the Power Rangers fandom where some asked Tracey Lynn Cruz if she ate baby skulls to live or something during a Morphicon

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Reminds me one from the Power Rangers fandom where some asked Tracey Lynn Cruz if she ate baby skulls to live or something during a Morphicon
Basically, Johnny Yong Bosh and Tracey Lynn Cruz had a less than stellar breakup. This got out on Rangerboard which spiraled out into a meme where she eats the skulls of babies to survive. Then someone from that forum ended up asking her that in person

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Basically, Johnny Yong Bosh and Tracey Lynn Cruz had a less than stellar breakup. This got out on Rangerboard which spiraled out into a meme where she eats the skulls of babies to survive. Then someone from that forum ended up asking her that in person
I didn't even know they used to date! Eh, the backstage of the old PR series should be crazy!

Trey pokes

Never thought I'd see tall of PR on here, but I'll bite. Dino Fury, Time Force, In Space, Lost Galaxy and Zeo are PEAK!!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I didn't even know they used to date! Eh, the backstage of the old PR series should be crazy!
The backstage for MMPR (especially s2) is one of the biggest shitshows I've ever seen. We have:

-Being the first series to do the "splicing of original and japanese footage" thing
-A lot of the props being obviously distinguishable between the Zyuranger and MMPR versions (especially Tommy's shield)
-Saban ordering for extra footage from Toei since they had used up all the Zyuranger footage
-Saban using Dairanger mechs for thr Thunder zords, but still using the Dragonzord at the start of s2 so the footage has to be spliced incredibly awkwardly to the point where if you look closely you may spot the original Megazord at poibts
-Keeping the Zyuranger suits while Tommy gets a Dairanger suit halfway through s2 so more splicing until they ran out of the new Zyuranger footage (then they filmed more and more original footage)
-Billy's actor being harassed by the staff (not the cast) for being gay
-Jason, Trini, and Zack's actors leaving due to horrible pay and thus only appearing in either suited up, stock footage, or their backs being played by hilariously unconvincing doubles up until they got replaced in-universe with the excuse being having to leave because "peace conference"
-Keeping the Zyuranger AND Tommy's Dairanger suits in s3 while sort of trying to adapt Kakuranger too

And I'm sure I missed a lot more

It's a miracle that they got most of the still alive cast to agree for the anniversary special

Only PR series' backstage that compares AFAIK is RPM's but most of that I chalk it up to Disney probably actively sabotaging production